This is what i do every day, every week...every month

Hello there gasanvill!
Taking a quick look at profit charts reveals alot of stopped out breakevens, like myself :D! How do you deal with your stops? B/E as quickly as possible or w8ing?

My question is how do you deal with being stopped out and then watching price go in the right direction? A quick entry again at the same price or do you admit defeat?:p:)

Hi Tony! :smiley:

You are welcome! :smiley:

Hello Loppan! :smiley:

I never place a second trade only beacause i was stopped out. I wake up when london open, make my analysis and place my order, then i go to sleep. If i was stopped out, then i try to make a new anaylisis and trade at 10:00 am EST. One thing i have learned is: dont do revenge trading, that will kill your account. :smiley:

So here is my plan for today
As you can see, EUR/USD has been down for three days, so is time for a little bounce. So i will look for long opportunities tomorrow at london open :slight_smile:

Three times price touched the pivot point this last three hours. That was good opportunity to go long and take some pips, but i missed because i was sleeping :smiley:

really nice…

Nice to read your thread, I trade roughly the same way as you using S&R lines things like that.

I also trade GBP/JPY, I made 3.59% on my account this morning from 10am EST to 11am. There was a pretty strong move to R1, collected first stage profit at R1. It couldn’t break through. R1 was also the weekly and daily low so it had become a pretty strong resistance point, if you look now you’ll see the price bouncing off.

Interesting. So would you just get in at a low price near that level, or would you wait to see price move up and clear a certain resistance level before acting on it?

As for the GBP/JPY trade by ReaperKK, you got in at the pivot (140.65)?

I have one confusion, on my Metatrader the pivots are awful close together on Monday, because I think it takes the calculations from Sunday which obviously has very little range. Do you use the pivots generated from Sunday or Friday’s data?

Thanks!

Btw, I’m on meetpips.com, Tony I, if anyone cares to join me and critique my trades…

Which pivot points are you using gasanvill ? I have regular pivot points on my chart I dont have one at 1.3414 like you did though my nearest one is S2 at 1.3407

I´m taking my pivots frm dailyfx:

Forex Pivot Points

:smiley:

As i said yesterday, today there was a good opportunity to go long during london open.

Take a look at my chart!

I didnt take it right away, because prices werw not arround any pivot point, but i waited for a coulple of higher highs and higher lows in the 5 min chart, and a cross above the central PP, to go long. :smiley:

Took profits at R1!

I’m short in EUR/USD now, going to close out one position soon and move up my other position to BE.

I wasn’t awake for that but there was a good move.

I made a mistake, that wasnt the chart, take a look at my chart again :o