Tickmill UK: An ongoing review

Are you going to stay with them further or proceed to next broker test?

Iā€™ll probably stay with them unless and until I have a reason to leave.

Changing brokers costs time and energy, and usually involves a loss of productivity as you take a reduced-risk approach in the first month. I wonā€™t do that lightly.

My next move will probably be internal - Iā€™d be interested in their VIP account once my trading balance hits 25k GBP.

How refreshing to see a trader who carries out due diligence before depositing money with a broker, I hope Newbies take note.

Great thread, Drekieyja, lots of good information

2 Likes

Sounds fair. What about your preffered trading sessions and instruments? Do you single out some favorite you keep your focus on or prefer diversify your bets?

Iā€™m a big believer in fitting your trading to your personal circumstances, so I trade the London session and GBP crosses simply because that is my timezone and local currency.

I only trade crosses where the second currency has some kind of personal connection. I donā€™t feel that is strictly necessary; I just needed some kind of secondary filter to get down to four currency pairs. I could see adding another cross or two if I felt my current set was too limiting, but that has not happened yet.

i see, thanks. I feel your drive to simplicity in your trading and its really admiring.

Hello Drekieyja, Great post. I having been searching for a good broker - confused by all the different reviews out there. After reading your post, I have decided to go with Tickmill. Can you send me the referring broker code so I can get the 5% discount? Thanks.

Start from their no deposit bonus, a giveaway of 30$, though I donā€™t know maybe you are seasoned trader and know what you need from a brokerā€¦

Can we expect more insights on trading with this broker? Seems youā€™ve been to busy in trading, glad to hear whatā€™s your progress with them.

You should try some honest brokers like IG, Avatrade, Triomarkets, or Pepperstone. All of them are Major league brokers, with HQ service.

1 Like

I heard Pepperstone is good. But Avatrade is slimy

I doubt we have try anything which hasnā€™t FCA regulation

Hi traders,

Tickmill recently announced its financial results for 2018.

The consolidated net profit in 2018 stood at $19.67 million, marking a surge of 33% in relation to the corresponding figure of 2017 which amounted to $14.81 million. The Groupā€™s net trading revenue came in at $45.13 million, pointing to a 16% increase compared to the previous year.

Great broker with excellent performance and fair client treatment. They really deserve that!

Sorry for the very late response; I stepped away from the forum for a while.

I am still using Tickmill without issues. I did try Oanda for a while because they offered an account in CAD, which Tickmill does not. However, I couldnā€™t get past how much bigger the spreads were, and I came back to Tickmill.

I donā€™t know why the IB link didnā€™t work, but at this stage I donā€™t even know what my IB log-in details are, so unfortunately Iā€™m not in a position to try again. I think that it is a shame that Tickmill has a programme like this but makes it so difficult to implement.

Have your tried to get the link from IB cabinet? I see lots of their promo materials there.

perhaps it was a new policy a few months ago for the EU, if Iā€™m not mistaken