Time to crack some pips ICT style!

Nice trade man. Keep up the good work! Lets get together and race Ferrari’s this weekend;) haha

Sounds like a plan! :stuck_out_tongue:

So today I managed to reel in another cracker amounting to 74 pips :smiley: I may not win any prizes for the best trades ever, but I am extremely pleased with this progress, as I am now up to 9% in profit, which is almost unbelievable considering the fact that before I took my break of 1 week, I was down in the red!

Anyway, given that I have far exceeded my goals for the week, and also given that Friday is NFP, I will most certainly be calling it a week with a rather large smile on my face :wink:

Details of today’s trade:

Pair: GBP/USD
Bias: SHORT
Entry: 1.5602
SL: 1.5632
Exit: 1.5529
Result: [B]+74 pips[/B]

Reasons for entry:

1. Market flow remains bearish on all timeframes
  2. In my eyes, the 1.55 level remains a key level. As I mentioned before in my analysis, the monthly trader’s trinity (161.8 level) lines up nicely around this area, as does the OTE from the low on 13/01/2012 to the
    high on 30/04/2012 (looks like we’re about to break this level though!)
  3. OTE during NYO at 1.56 fig, which also happened to be MS1:

1. Divergence on H1 chart (can’t remember if it’s type 1 or type 2!!):

1. Price ducked down from LO and pulled back into the Asian range during NYO (what more could you ask for I ask??)

And that dear friends is all she wrote!

Update - Myfxbook

Nice Job PM. As ICT has pointed out in the past, I have found that leaving a small portion on and manually trailing SL behind previous two 5 min swing highs may help you squeeze out additional pips from your trade. You could have grabbed a cool 50 additional pips following that strategy on this trade.
Anyway, great trade and awesome progress.

I most certainly will - good advice! I’ve just been having a few issues with accessing my broker from work, so you’ll notice I left the entire 100% on each trade for the full duration. It has actually ended up paying off big time, but my concern is that with the market being pretty much one-sided, things are a bit too easy, and when it reverses I’m going to get caught with my pants down so to speak! So I need to resolve this asap.

Son of a @#$%@ - I read into a solid counter-trend trade post-NFP but my SL was too tight and WHAM, a nice loss.

My mistake for trading when I said I would call it a week :frowning: LESSON LEARNT!

Ok seriously hurting now - the move was worth 100 pips :frowning:

Stop looking at your charts!

Its NFP day, its not for professionals!

100 missed pips is nothing, it’ll move another 300 next week for you to grab :slight_smile:

Agreed! It won’t help being negative :slight_smile:

Looking forward to making amends next week! Only sad thing is Monday and Tuesday might be a bit dead with the UK holidays…

I’m not even planning to open my charts until Tuesday evening…
Take your mind off the market and enjoy your weekend :slight_smile:

:57:

Nice one bro!! me and you both got trade of the week, Top shot Honors! Wooooooooohoooooo!!

The ‘third musketeer’ didnt get a shout out this week, i bagged 95 pips short :frowning:
Gonna have to make it bold and colour it so ICT spots it next week :smiley: lol

It’s ok man, ICT knows you’re good enough, we only got Top Shot cause we need the encouragement :wink:

Plenty more weeks to come, if you don’t get a few mentions this year I’ll be surprised.

Awesome thread PureMuscle! Awesome.

Great job on the trades and ([I]I think[/I]) even better on cranking your butt back into position after the losses to [I]both[/I] make good trades [I]and[/I] post what went right and what went wrong.

Thank you very, very much. You’re an inspiration and a comfort.

Mike

Thank you very much good sir! :stuck_out_tongue:

Damn, I haven’t actually watched this week’s review yet, but that is awesome to hear! :smiley: The three musketeers hey, I like that! :smiley: Hahaha tomorrow let’s get cracking again and rake in some more pips brothers!

I like the sound of the three musketeers too…i’ve already got the moustache lol

Dammit… I am seriously depressed about yesterday. No need to go into details but suffice it to say that moving SLs to break-even makes you a target for those damn smart money buggers, and it ALWAYS seems to happen just before a massive move.

Wow, what a powerful way to start the week with a 125 pip cracker! :smiley: Finally, I overcame my impatience and held for the magical 3 digit winner! I will post my analysis later, but here are the details of my 2 trades today:

Pair: EUR/USD
Entry: 1.2628
Exit: 1.2502
Result: [B]+125 pips[/B]

Pair: GBP/USD
Entry: 1.5557
Exit: 1.5516
Result: [B]+41 pips[/B]

Right, so it may have seemed like a pretty obvious trade to take the short, as there was a fairly large Sunday opening gap to be closed on both the cable and the fiber, but it is always risky trading against the H4 market flow - so I needed some confirmation first.

At LO, this is what was staring me in the face:

As you can see rather clearly, the EURUSD made a higher high whilst the GBPUSD didn’t make one. The reason why I took the short on the fiber as opposed to the cable was because of the larger profit potential should the gap be filled. Other factors considered:

• Price started the day well above R2 and clearly in the pivot sell zone
  • Price just scraped above the Asian range high (judas swing into ADR high) and then broke downwards for the rest of the day
  • Price was heavily oversold on the H1 stochastic

For the GBP trade, this one was taken at NYO:
I was waiting for this one all day to be honest! I saw cable hanging around the high of the day despite the fiber’s free-fall, so when price climbed back up to the Asian session high during NYO, I knew this was it. The following divergences also made it clear:

As can be seen above, absolutely beautiful divergence between GBP/USD making higher highs, whilst USDX did not make lower lows, and EUR/USD also didn’t make higher highs.

I’m also proud of myself for cutting risk to 1% following my losses on Friday, and only entering the second (GBP/USD) trade once the first was over 60 pips in profit :slight_smile:

Myfxbook update

Beautiful trade man! I saw this one setting up but I had company so didn’t take it… nice though… Now to keep the profit from this one for the rest of the week. That’s always the tough part for me.

Thanks man! :smiley: I’m just glad to be in the action again, raking in those pips the way I know I can! :wink:
Oh and trust me, I’m going to be super cautious for the rest of the week :wink: I’m not giving back my hard earned profits again :wink: