Time to step back and rethink

I have been struggling many bad losses for this year. One thing that I want to change on my trading plan is my discipline. I am not a patient trader. I am trading on many news where the volatility is very high and trading before all the indicators take place.

Next year, I want to be a more patient trader or i call it a cautious trader. Too many losses have affected my psychology.:48: Let’s change it.

Happy New Year and Thanks,
Fivefoottraders.

Demo-trading does teach you some inportant things:

1. Do you have a written strategy?
  2. Can you consistantly trade that strategy?
  3. Is the strategy profitable after a couple of months?

Most new traders have no idea what to expect from their strategy. They do not keep track of their trades and look at them statistically. They have never calculated R-multiples on 100+ personal taken trades (strategy tester is nog the same). They do not know the expectancy.

Psychology is different on demo ghen on live trading. But immagine that you lose 20% on your strategy efficiency due to the psychology effects of live trading(this is normal) then it is good to still know what you can expect from your strategy. If you can not trade cobsistantly profitable on demo (and treat that as a business) you will never make it live.

No need to become panic, loss is inevitable in forex, you should not loose your hope, just learn from your mistake, don’t withdrawal all your money, if your broker is reputable then learn from your broker and overcome that mistake which cause the reason of loss.