Traders - Warning!

Bacon ,

Some of us are currently “guests” at a friend private website forum.
We salvaged previous threads and continue our threads from where they stopped.

I don’t see a “counter-measure” against what happened in FF:
Commercial Forums are FOR traders but get revenue from brokers advertising.
So there is an potentialy inherent conflict of interests.

The only way to choose among commercial forums is to investigate their past “behaviour”.
I’m sorry that I didn’t knew that in advance, before joining FF.
If I knew what I know now - I wouldn’t register with them.

A company registered in Delaware, operating in Florida, “hiding” under “Perfect Privacy, LLC”.
A deeper digging found a lot of complaints against them - including doing the exact same things in the past.

G.

GlobalMacro,

You are right, of-course.
BUT… there is one little thing that comes to your advantage, as a retail trader:
Develop a system or strategy that follows the Elephants foot prints!

Don’t trade Price-Action - Trade THEIR action.

Learn how to accurately identify Elephants foot-prints.

G.

Well, I don’t think you needed to play the card of being 15 years in a military because I too have 2 retired Uncles who was in the US Army and Navy, 2 cousins who are currently on active duty in the US Navy and my only one brother whose currently served in US Air force, so I fully known how it is… I don’t think this is a relevant to bring it up. I understand that this might come off offensive to you but I guess I have a different views than yours.

When I said that “don’t sweat the small stuff” I am referring to the worse “Stuff” that are worth fighting for and are worth to spend your “emotions”, energy, and time that are truly “IS” a problem and almost as if your “Life” will depend on it… There are far worse of a problem(s) than these and what you think it is…

Let me ask you these questions. When the membership got revoked or terminated on the FF “FREE” membership forum site where you can freely open up a thread like this (without any fee), are any of this happened to you?
1.) Did you lose your job?
2.) Did the government garnished your wages?
3.) Did your car reposes?
4.) You cannot pay your bills such as mortgage, electric bills, and credit card payments?
5.) Does your broker terminate your trading account and now it won’t allow you to do any deposit/withdrawal or place on a trade?
6.) Does any of your family member got sick (knock on wood)?

If it is then yes it is a problem. But I highly doubt it is a problem that is worth the emotion, energy and time. I don’t buy into “conspiracies” and “theories” and most of the time (especially something like this) I will base on facts…right now, there are none

Again, Don’t sweat the small stuff because it truly [B]IS[/B] a small stuff. There is actually a book about it written by Richard Carlson.

Pip, can understand you being cross, I’d say maybe Bacon is, using a Military term from just before my era, OTT.

Now what Global and gg speak of is very much close to my heart and very much big stuff, just wish it was on Newbie Island.

Global, you are giving those guys way too much credit. Yeah they are good at maths, they produce some brilliant algos that are good for hft’s - but this I guarantee, put one of their best, ask him/her to use their own money and then use their learned skills to show a profit over the next 12 months then tell them they have to live off those profits, can you not see the colour drain.

Most ‘brokers’ this side are bookmakers, they have little interest even in the spreads, they just want the bets, as you say, their system flags the winners and sets their bets upstream.

Gg is also giving them way too much credit. The market participants he speaks of are elephants only because of the weight of money they have to move, it is actually a burden.

Retail, or at least astute retail, has none of these problems. He/she is not curtailed by complex algos that insist it is right, they can use their learning to be ‘nimble’, be flat when it is right, be risk exposed when conditions favour them.

Sometimes, we as retail see ourselves as ‘footstep following’, the reality can be the opposite, with learning, we can be cutting edge.

peterma,

When I speak about Elephants - I don’t mean brokers. I’m talking about Central Banks, which are trading by proxies in “smaller” portions. Hedge funds follow them.

You can identify their foot-prints - but that’s a discussion for another thread.

G.

I understand. I’m all good. I have learned how to have a " thick skin" because of you guys lol :wink: thanks Mr. Pete as always :slight_smile:

Yeah, no probs Pip, know all is well, glad too that you follow PMA - Positive Mental Attitude. You will have a good 2015.

Gg, yep, know what you meant, brokers are not part of the learning curve. Hedge Funds… have some knowledge of those guys, but they’re really not part of it either.

It’s just the elephant analogy that gets me going, many people starting out have a certain perspective, they feel as if they are tiny, like a mouse, and they are faced with a huge opposition, like an elephant.

In the cartoons the elephant baulks, but the poor old mouse is the one intimidated - by the size of the elephant.

Global knows , it’s not the size that counts, it’s the learning.

Happy 2015 green pips every day to ya all !!

G.

And to you sir. Thanks again for sharing this information!

hi all,

i for one am glad that you all got thrown out of ff and the threads thrashed with your stupid zones and probabilities…fantasy world or a bubble!
i’m positive that you [B]know[/B] very well why you got thrown out…99.99% probabilitie that you all are vaste of space

dragan

:18: Hahaha! Thanks for making me smile!
You enjoy your future career at McDonald’s :38:

Well…we respect the opinion of anyone, but please Dragan9, just concrete contributions here, not gratuite bashing about others/other trading systems.
We are here to have the truth being said and to warn people about the wrong behaviour of FF, not for bashing other ways to trade that are not in our style. No one force anyone to use a trading system he don’t like/don’t undestand.
The topic of this thread it’s another matter.Please stay on topic.

dragan,

You see, dragan, THIS BabyPips is a good forum !!
You can say what you just said and the ADMIN doesn’t throw you out…

I, for one, am very happy that I could make you glad - it’s a new year after all…

BTW: the spelling is WASTE…

G.

Sorry for spelling, i speak italian, english, russian, serbian, slovenian…so maybe my spelling is a bit off sometimes.
Were you thrown out of forum collectively just for saying something?
BTW: how are the resurrection zones?

D.

dragan,

Thanks for beeing so interested.
No, we were not thrown collectively and not at the same time.

The Zones, Fractals, and the Pissing Dog are all well and sending you their best regards.
After resurrection we all now live in “The Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave” - thank you for caring…

G.

“The Land of the Brave Free”

Greetings from black free country…"Не Мы такие, Жизнь такая"
Enjoy,
D.

Dragan,

I’m so sorry to hear about your split personality.
Must be tough…

How is your trading going? still BabyPipsing?

G.

“Več znaš, več veljaš” Did you know that?

My trading is good, thank you for asking. No more than 10 trades x month, sometimes none (november).

D.

dragan9,

Wow, you really are a picasso!
What are those lines? Bollinger ZONES? Keltner ZONES?
Or maybe resurrection ZONES?

Have you considered art gallery?

G.

So since we’re a community that values knowledge can you share some of your philosophies?