Trading the Trend with Strong/Weak Analysis

Week 1 is winding down and we have more of the same as commodity currencies continue to fall

New top strong weak pair

I am not a big fan of being long Euro but you have to take what the market gives you and right now being long EURAUD is what the market tells us to do, with that said I took advantage of Friday’s pullback to get long EURAUD and by day’s end I was up 200 pips, I am not going to get too greedy with this trade, strong resistance between 1.6000/1.6225. If we get above 1.6000 I will be looking to lock in some profits, if I can get 500 pips out of this trade I will be very happy

Go go EUR!

Strong Weak rankings for Monday, NZD rallies while Euro gives back Friday’s gains, boy I hate the Euro. I did lock in gains in my EURAUD trade before the reversal, your guess is as good as mine as to which way Euro trades tomorrow

Here is my latest SW rankings, no change from Monday

Strong Weak rankings for Wednesday, trends are continuing

Here is my first 1000 pip trade of the year, USDCAD could be good for another 1000 pips so I will be waiting for a pull back to reload

USDCAD daily chart

awesome trade bro :wink:

That sure looks like the makings of a Cup w/Handle formation, bullish sign for US dollar

Strong Weak rankings for Thursday, all yen pairs were up lead by AUD, It was a good move but not ready to call this a reversal just yet

EURCAD has been giving me good returns for risk (1:1). I know you’re not looking at exotics, but USDZAR gave a great trade this week - 7x initial investment due to a spike. I am now doing FX options to limit downside exposure and to gain more exposure when price goes up.

Strong weak rankings for Friday, ugly day in US stocks, but if you stayed with the trends indicated by my rankings you made money

Prices pulled in a bit from Friday’s big move, could be a change to get in at a better price before trends resume

JPY EUR and USD still in pullback at the moment.

More of the same, Euro looking good today

Lots of reversal action today, current trends could be ending, we will need to see follow through tomorrow to confirm trend direction

S&P 500 and most major indexes had major reversals today, this could signal the end of the down move, this will have effect on JPY and EUR as they have moved higher as stocks moved lower

Strong Weak for Thursday, we got follow through in stocks but it was a mild one and on low volume, so not sure if this is a trend change or just a pull back, but for now look for EUR and JPY to weaken as AUD, NZD and CAD strengthen

I am seeing many currency pairs giving us these weekly Engulfing reversal signals, Weekly signals are very powerful and should not be ignored. We want to see follow through next week but a 50% retracement of this weeks move would not be unheard of, keep that in mind when placing stops. I personally have multiple short Euro trades on, shorting Yen is also a play here, Commodity currencies have been beaten down pretty good so they have lots of room to rally, GBP is another one that looks good here along with USD.

CADJPY Weekly chart, I would expect this to go up from here

Here are SW rankings from Friday’s close, JPY is still number one but all other currencies are gaining on the Yen, we also see Euro dropping hard here as well. Look at your long term trends and if this weeks reversal action has your favorite pair moving back in the direction of that trend then that should be your play

Here is another example of the reversals we saw last week, another 1000 to 2000 pips lower from here is a real possibility

EURCAD Weekly