Trading the Trend with Strong/Weak Analysis

AUDUSD is my top strong weak trade , after a two day pull back we had a strong engulfing candle followed by continuation in early Thursday trading, 0.7600 is a area of strong resistance, if we can clear that then look for move up to 0.8000

Day chart taken at 9 PM EST

With the US fed pretty much ruling out any interest rate hikes in 2016, there is little reason for being long USD, I am short USD against the AUD and CAD, and will look for pull backs to add to those positions

US dollar index weekly chart, I would look for this sideways consolidation to breakdown and move lower

Long AUDUSD continues to be the play, I am not one for blind entries but being long the strongest and short the weakest is a good way to grow your account

Strong weak for my trading pairs, AUDUSD and USDCAD are my top trades

the thought of taking long positions in a currency as flawed as the euro pains me, but even more painful is the state of the US economy and the US dollar. This week the federal reserve put off indefently their plans to normalize interest rates, they site a weak economy as the reason, well the reason the economy is weak is because of low interest rates. The way the middle class accumulates wealth is through years of savings and compound interest on that savings. Today because of low interest rates we are not getting any return on our money so our wealth is not growing, there for our economy is not growing. When will they learn!

As far as the EURUSD, price is moving toward the upper range of the year long consolidation, from a technical stand point we see a double bottom after a long decline, we are above the 200 dma, we now just need to see a breakout of this range, a weekly close above 1.15000 would be very bullish.

This weeks closing SW rankings

Here is my weekly market review video , some good stuff here

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I started a new thread with same title under forum Free forex trading systems, there seems to be a lot more traffic on that forum. If I get a good response in the new forum I may close my trade Journals thread, link is below

http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/79347-trading-trend-strong-weak-analysis.html#post754302

SW rankings for Monday, not much change from Friday

SW rankings for Tuesday

SW rankings for Wednesday

Strong weak rankings for Thursday

Strong weak rankings

My weekly market review video

Good morning and greetings from Ireland!

Just wanted to thank you for this interesting way of thinking about things. I like simple, logical thought processes and this is exactly that in the best possible way.

I have yet to view your videos but I will be following along and if I have anything useful to say I shall comment.

Have a great Easter :blush:

Padraic

Looks like our trends might be back on track with AUD and CAD having a good day, The Yen fell to #8 today and now every currency this year has spent time ranked 8th, it just shows the back and forth action we have had this year

Good day for US stocks, this is putting pressure on US dollar and Yen, on the upside look for commodity based currencies like AUD, CAD and NZD to continue to do good

and look at New Zealand all the way up to #2, as I said before, as long as US stocks push higher look for AUD, NZD and CAD to lead currencies

No change in rank order from yesterday,

I had some free time so here is weekend video a little early, audio is a little weak, I will try to fix it for next week

looks like we have a new sheriff in town as CHF and EUR take over the top spot, put don’t count the Aussie out just yet. Weakness remains with Pound and Dollar

I missed this one, Last week AUDJPY in a counter trend move rejected the 200 ma and is now heading lower. See how it did the same thing back in early December, that move was good for 1000+ pips, will this one give us the same?

If I could only trade one type of entry this would be it, My second favorite entry is price crossing the 200 ma. Both are powerful entry signals that can lead to 1000’s of pips.