Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

As expected price has bounced off of the 200 dma only to find strong overhead resistance at 1.1220, nothing has changed, the down trend that started May 3rd on a daily pin bar reversal remains the dominate trend, With price sitting in between strong support/resistance, nothing to do here but wait to see which side wins

Note; 200 day moving average crosses do not happen very often, and price can stay above or below this moving average for many months and move 1000’s of pips from the cross point, So catching a 200 ma crossing can make your trading year

Dennis, can you share your currency strenght meter? Thanks!

Big miss for NFP 38K actual vs. 159K expected. So this takes interest rate hikes off the table again. Result is sell off in USD. Here is EURUSD weekly, if this weekly candle holds then the US dollar bears will be in control

Here is link to my other thread, at post #189 I have a how to video for making my Strong weak ranking

http://forums.babypips.com/trade-journals/77569-trading-trend-strong-weak-analysis-19.html

1 Like

A weak dollar is good for Gold, My preferred way to play gold is the Gold Miners index, Huge weekly candle, if this holds then the 4 week pullback in metals should be over

That was an incredible 200+ pip ride in EURUSD today, congrats to anyone who caught it. Clearly today’s news and markets reaction to that news is a game changer, at least until the next game changer. I will be using the weekend to make a game plan to take advantage of this latest trend change

Here is my weekly market review video, lots of reversals do to NFP

Here is a nice little pin bar reversal off the 200 ma on 4 hr chart of AUDUSD, Pretty common to see such a opening candle move after a big move on Friday, people who missed Friday’s action will chase the move causing an opening gap, this is why you never chase a move. Now after those who got in late get stopped out for a loss price should start heading higher

Here is my latest SW rankings, we see New Zealand taking the number one spot, this is only the second day this year NZD has been my top ranked currency, and last Monday’s top currency the Pound has fallen all the way to 8th , along with the kiwi and looney is making a move

Good day for the Comdolls, I am patiently waiting for a good entry signal to short USD,

We are still in a [B][U]risk on [/U][/B]trading environment, with that said look to buy AUD, NZD and CAD and sell USD and GBP

1 Like

Big move in Kiwi today, GBPNZD is my top SW trade, had you shorted this pair on June 6th you would be up 500+ pips. Matching strong with weak pays again and again

Here is my weekly market review video

EURUSD looks ready to move lower, I am watch for a pull back to the 200 ma on the 1hr and 4hr chart for a short entry

Here is my Strong Weak rankings for Monday, Top SW trade GBPNZD gave us a reversal daily candle today, prices were very extended to the down side so this was expected

Follow up to EURUSD setup I noted on Sunday, price pulled back yesterday to my short target entry, then moved lower today, good for 100+ pips

Yen has retaken the top spot on my rankings, and by my count we have had 116 trading days this year, Yen has been #1 for 61 of those days

Year to date Yen is up 5-15% against all others

Strong weak rankings for Wednesday

When I first saw how strong Yen was today and how weak Aussie was, I fully expected US stocks to be down big, but no, they are mostly up today, this is a wacky world we are trying to trade in these day’s

the “pro’s” started to switch their carry trades from yen to euro since euro is this weak and cheap starting from april 2015 with its huge QE programm. that way the old equation of

“cheaper yen=higher dow // expensive yen=lower dow”

isnt as accurate as it used to be in the past.

1 Like