Trend trading and moving average trading, help =)

Price did react [B][U]no[/U][/B] different than it does today.

4 numbers from your pair of interest got written down on a piece of paper.

OPEN
LOW
HIGH
CLOSE

Throw in a calculator as an extra and charts are of no use anymore.

Everything can be plotted without a chart.

ENTRY POINT
S/L
T/P
RETRACEMENTS in PERCENTAGE

Add a working phone line to your broker and you are all set to place your trades. :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree. Trading was, and still is, simple.

Actually thats not true at all. What drives movement is traders and banks. Both of which can and do react to what appear on charts.

If you were able to go back to a time when there was no electronic trading and every thing was from a ticker and compare it to now, you’d see that there was far more noise and price occilliation because of the reaction to charts.

Everything is quicker and more expeidiant, so is the reaction to the instant information.

Mr. xtraction, as you eloquently try to bring that view across in this forum and your thread The Forex Store. in particular.

A lot of lost minds in this forum would be well advised to adhere to your point of view as it would cut their learning curve short by many months and years if not their whole life time.

This side of trading was, and still is, simple. And it will be in the future.

The other side of trading, trade management and risk management was, and still is, [B]not[/B] simple.

A lot of lost minds in this forum making the simple side of trading difficult and the difficult side of trading simple, as a result letting their money flow into the pockets of successful traders who understand both sides of trading as they really are and operate accordingly.

Trade management and risk management are simple to me. RISK, STOP LOSS, and POSITION SIZE are a simple formula:

[B]RISK = STOP LOSS * POSITION SIZE[/B]

Once a trade is entered, the most important thing to do is to honor thy stop loss. If the market never triggers the stop loss, and the trade is profitable, the stop loss can be moved to now protect profit or other exit tactics and strategies can be employed.

I would like to hear your take on trade management and risk management.

What charts were they reacting to? The old Value Line charts that were printed in binders? You said “go back to a time when there was no electronic trading”. I traded back then and there were no charts except the Value Line charts, unless you made them yourself. You are losing the debate.

You are so full of BS. You’ve never traded live a day in your life otherwise you woudn’t say half of the false crap that you do…

Such as: Time frames are a myth and trends are an illusion… our of your own dillusional mouth. You are a genious…lol

you’re losing control & it’s not a pretty sight :frowning:
you really can’t afford to allow this type of emotion to overpower you, especially when you’re interacting with the market.

take a few deep breaths, chill & hook back into focus!

ps: genius doesn’t have an o in it :wink:

Who’s interacting with the market? I’m posting on a forum.

Trust me these stupid little arguments don’t spill over into my trading, or effect any other part of my life for that matter. If I’m emotional it’s because I know from first hand from actual trading that xtraction is full of BS.

P.S. I fail at spelling big deal.

Well said.

I agree. Not much of this discussion has any relevance to ACTUAL trading…

But you have failed to prove anything that I have said is false. Personal attacks do not win debates. I have stated that the only true chart is the 1 tick chart and all the other time frame charts are conceptual. The other time frame charts are just data compression. That is a fact. If not, prove me wrong.

I have stated that trends are an “illusion” because they are discretionary in nature. A trader plots them according to what they (think they) see. Change time frames and the trend changes. That is an illusion. If not, prove me wrong.

M1 chart:

H1 chart:

Are going to tell me that those 2 charts do not represent the same data?

M1 with H1 background:

It should be obvious that what I said about data compression is true. If a myth has been shattered, so be it.

I have presented my case without a personal attack. That is called civilized debate.

Arguments are not stupid, people are stupid, which is something that you make quite evident with your lack of self-control. You can’t prove me wrong so you say I am full of BS. That doesn’t win the debate. You are frustrated because you believe you are right yet you can’t prove me wrong so you lash out like an angry child who hasn’t learned how to deal with adversity properly. Let go of your hostility and prove me wrong if you can. You will remain on the losing side of the debate until you actually refute something that I have stated with logic or reason.

Actually, it has everything to do with trading. Either you are trading based on reality or illusion.

were on a forex forum not an English or spelling forum if his point gets across who cares if its spelled correctly?

I agree. But how many traders are entering market’s unprepared without risk management and trade management strategies all laid out and ready to put to work?

Those traders are the ones who spend most of the time making the simple side of trading difficult and neglecting the other side of trading by thinking it is simple.

You can tell the difference very easily by the way traders talk about their trading. If traders talk about how much profit they are going to make or are making instead of talking about how much risk they are going to take and did cut short their losses you know that their time and energy has been spent on making the simple side of trading difficult.

I would like to hear your take on trade management and risk management.

You need to cover your risk exposure a 100%. In order to do that you need to have your detailed rules, strategies and tactics in place to cover every possible situation that the market’s could confront you with once you have entered the market’s.

Your detailed rules, strategies and tactics are set in stone and non-negotiable with yourself once you have entered the market’s. Therefore it is ensured that you know exactly what to do without second guessing yourself, cutting out your emotional factor at the same time and reducing your errors to a bare minimum.

As for risk exposure I am of the opinion that 2% is the maximum. Less is better. You can’t loose what you don’t put at risk.

He has not made any point. All he has done is call people names. His behavior is boorish and very disrespectful of this forum. There is no excuse for poor spelling especially when you are on the internet and have the tools to correct your spelling. One should strive to present themselves well at all times.

You’re emotional because you’re losing control. If you were in control of both the discussion & yourself, you wouldn’t resort to insulting folk.
From the little I’ve observed, you have a history of this type of highly emotional behavior on this forum.

Apparently, you were very easily led into a highly charged & rather dubious episode concerning a banned member running some sort of spurious trading room operation this year were you not?

Those aren’t the actions or behavior traits usually associated with someone in control of themselves or the situations they find themselves in.

Impulsive, highly charged individuals usually find it extremely difficult to switch extreme emotions on & off at will.

Are you really sure it’s in the best interests of your future well being (as well as your financial health) to continue placing yourself in these quite obviously (for you) stressful situations?

Ps: Utilize your spell check

Very astute observations, partner.