Turning £10.00 into £100+

Seriously, I wish you well but I have to agree with Polar. WHY ? Because I have done exactly what you have just done - TWICE. It’s not a good strategy and you will blow your account, take it from me, I blew 2. Get yourself a good advisor, read some books and stay off Youtube. Study and trade with discipline, it’s tough because " winning" is addictive and “losing” spawns a gambler. Good luck.

Just jumping into this conversation, as I find it very interesting. Firstly supermalt, congrats on a great performance. Re the naysayers, What is the real risk? £10 if account is totally blown, also looking at the losses you can see that price is not left to run far but trades are exited at about a one-one reward.

Having said that the first few trades are so over leveraged that if the trade had moved against the trade a few pips the account would have been blown, dont quite understand that, please explain supermalt.

08/26/2015 18:25 08/26/2015 19:17 GBPUSD Sell 3.50 0.00000 0.00000 1.54980 1.54790 19.0 58.43
08/26/2015 17:57 08/26/2015 18:01 GBPUSD Sell 3.50 0.00000 0.00000 1.55330 1.55300 3.0 9.22
08/26/2015 17:56 08/26/2015 18:01 GBPUSD Sell 3.50 0.00000 0.00000 1.55520 1.55300 22.0 67.55
08/26/2015 16:39 08/26/2015 17:47 GBPUSD Sell 1.00 0.00000 0.00000 1.55780 1.55580 20.0 17.50
08/26/2015 16:31 08/26/2015 17:47 GBPUSD Sell 2.00 0.00000 0.00000 1.55660 1.55600 6.0 10.50

Hi Supermalt,

Congrats on your gain.
Since you are using Instaforex for scalping, they have some trading t&c’s that you want to take note of.
3.14.6 and 5.12

I am speaking from experience trading with them.

Good luck and safe trade.

If you are talking about the above being the first few trades, that is incorrect;
My first trade was placed on the 08/26/2015 13:25;
(08/26/2015 13:25 08/26/2015 15:31 GBPUSD Sell 0.36 1.56320 0.00000 1.56320 1.55720 60.0 19.02)

The account was sitting around 65 euros I think before the above trades were opened, therefore I understood that my account could to handle a medium retracement if I entered into positions and waited for it to go into profit before entering another one. Although I did enter a trade @ 08/26/2015 16:39 before the previous position was in profit (but I could not resist ignoring the signal it was giving me at that time).
Despite that the reason as to why I opted out of using a stop loss for those large trades was to let the market and my trade breath, when trading large sizes I used to get bogged down on my account size and not the trading process itself; I did have a mental stop and use a multi-terminal platform to manage trades (which enable me to close all trades at once if I please).

Have you considered that probably it was a lucky day for example :slight_smile: ? I get that you’re not a day trading, but why not repeating this success again by the way?

I was actually so intrigued with this thread and decided to be part of it.
First off,congrats SUPERMALT,i used capital letters to show you how impressed i am.

Second come on you don’t give yourself credit enough you said that you made a return of 600%,do the math correct thats 2017.4%.WOOW!!!

Now thirdly and i really don’t care what people think but its a fact.Every opportunity depends with the individual.Lets say i see an opportunity in the forex market where someone else doesn’t.FOREX IS AN OPPORTUNITY AND ITS POTENTIAL VARIES FROM INDIVIDUAL TO INDIVIDUAL THAT’S IT!! THE ONLY REASON MOST PEOPLE DON’T MAKE IT IS SIMPLE: INFORMATION OVERLOAD!!!.

Now to finish it off i have my own story like SUPERMALT:

I joined exness broker,they offer a leverage of 1:2000 i deposited $100 into a live account,after 3 months of hardcore demo trading.
My first two weeks i gained a total of $250,by the end of the first month it turned to $600 through compounding my profits.I was impressed by myself but never grew horns i continued with my plan.By the time i hit the end of month 3 i was up $5000 this is because i gained confidence from my previous trades and also compounding my profit.

Anyway there you have it i don’t care what people think if my plan is good it’s good.Leverage doesn’t cause losses my friends its just that people don’t invest more in the knowing and dive right into the market to make quick profits.

And by the way did i mention that i suffered no LOSS!!:35::59: NOW HERE COMES THE CRITICISM!

Luck; what an ambiguous word. If by luck, you mean when preparedness meets with opportunity, then yes I was lucky.
If I am being completely honest with you yes percentage wise it seems like a great feet, but in currency format it was only pocket change in comparison to what other traders can make on a larger account by only making about 5-10% profit (for arguments sake).
the only thing which I believe separates the loser’s from the winners is down to one thing in my eyes, did you withdraw the profits or did you “try to build an account”.
So based of the above definition of luck, I think I was very lucky.
And in regards to repeating the success; I’m unsure if you mean on a small account for the third time since this thread was made or do you mean on my main account? Either way I’ll try again once and if the opportunity presents itself again.

When doing our trades at times we will face such situation where we cannot know what will happen and depend on the Luck in our trades :slight_smile:

But what we have to understand that this is not something that will carry on with us forever :slight_smile:

Well, i really hope you learn to manage your capital as well as other pro trader did. In forex trading, we trade with discipline where we do not over trade against our capital.

Stop spamming with your sly tricks promotion InstaForex
We all know its scam and statement is fake.
I won’t even believe it with MT4 current acc access, these crooks can do everything to lure newbies in their net.

Thank you for your reply Profitbaby, first of all I am finding it hard to understand as to why you would come to the conclusion that I am working for my own broker. I have not been trying to sell anything, I have not been trying to label myself as a guru nor have I been trying to promote any product or service. I was asked a question by Eddieb, “Which broker do you use who accepts £10?” which I then simply replied “instaforex”, nothing more was mentioned about the company or broker that I use.
In regards to thinking that the statement is a fake, yet again I am unable to understand why you may think that; I simply saved my statement and posted it online the same day.
not only are you pessimistic about me working for instaforex and the statement being a scam, you are also questioning whether to believe that the account is even a “MT4 current acc” Once again I’m unsure as to why you think that; Would you be able to shed some light as to how you came to those three assumptions?

Thank you, Supermalt

It is not easy thing to turn $10 into $100 but some traders could make it happen in short time because it’s only small amount of fund so it is still possible that some traders risked high in order to gain big amount of profits in short time. But if you’re thinking about percentage of profit then it will need time to turn $10 into $100 because it’s 10 times from initial capital. If you used compounding strategy then you will realize it faster.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Unless you are a close relative of Mystic Meg; or know exactly what the outcome of any one particular event will be; then any investment is a gamble. The large majority of aspiring traders may not have $100 to invest initially due to their own personal circumstances, and due to my own circumstances, I chose to place £10.00 into my trading account.

You say “A Forex trader would invest 100$ and make 10$ profits out of them…”;\ maybe I am wired differently, but I cannot understand why in a situation where unlimited gains are potentially possible, why you would want to bottleneck yourself in monetary gains. The risk of participating in the market is inherently dangerous full stop. Once you are able to overcome that fear of “losing” then I think a larger majority of people will find that their trading has improved ten-fold.

‘‘Better be lucky than good’’

'Best

I just want to make a quick comment re this thread and risk in trading, I was just watching a very slick presentation by a man who shall remain nameless here in the UK, the reason i was watching him is that I had just got an email from a pensionor who had been convinced to spend £23,000!!! on forex training with this man. I was speechless when I heard, now that is risk, the poor guy has not even been taught what back testing is.

The specious argument used in the video is a comparison to bank interest which is currently about 0.25 % and how much better you can do. So now for my rant…There is no comparison with a bank investment, you dont lose money when you put 100k in a bank except that the money wont keep pace with inflation however you can very easily lose money with 100k in a forex account.

So how can you strip the risk from trading, the fact is even if you only use 1% of a big account to trade you can still lose 20-50 or more percent of that account over time which is inherently risky, however if you only have a tiny account and even better, if you are given that money by a broker then your only risk is time. Even if you put in $100 and took ‘risky’ trades and lost the whole account you have only lost $100 .

In my opinion this is the lowest risk trading there is, the downside is you may lose a small amount of money, the upside if your trades pay off and you compound your winnings is that you can withdraw a chunk of change. This is very hard to do with a big account simply because you look at the account more as investment capital rather than risk capital and the loss of the investment can impact your life, whereas the loss of the tiny account wont.

So the ‘risky’ trading behaviour is actually the safest using leverage to grow a tiny account with a limited downside and an unlimited upside. The question then becomes, at what point should you withdraw your cash…
I just saw a blog post about a guy who won two million in 2 weeks with $1000 Instaforex account and then lost it all back, now there is someone who should have known when to stop and withdraw his winnings…

ok rant over

You hit the nail on the head.