Understanding Price Action by Chris Capre

At least this guy’s material isn’t dressed up in layer upon layer of padding. His posts, articles & information are direct, focused & delivered with clarity.
Even the one video example he’s submitted to the thread is short, snappy & presented in a timely (15 minute) manner.

A certain other member on here could do with taking a few lessons from Chris about compiling & presenting snappy, informative audio/visual material that holds the audience just long enough to get the message across without sending them to sleep with boredom.

Surely if people want to consider subscribing to his or anyone else’s material they should be given the opportunity to make up their own minds. Not everyone on here has an IQ of less than 20. If they’re foolish enough to part with their money without conducting due diligence then god help them when they enter the market for real.

Here is another trade I took today on Gold snagging +1205 pips and +1091 pips respectively

It was showing some classic signs of a reversal yesterday, which offered a really good short opportunity (chart below).

Intraday 1676 becomes key resistance, while 1669 support. If the latter breaks, then we could see an unwind further towards 1654 so some good potential plays here

Kind Regards,
Chris capre

Hello Slip,

Sure, although I agree with that to some point, you have to consider a few others;

1. I have been writing content on my site and publicly for over 5+ years now. While I’ve only been with babypips for less than a year.

Should I have to go ahead and re-write all my content just to create wiki pages here on Babypips, just so I can link internally? Considering I have hundreds of thousands of words of content, this seems pretty unreasonable.

1. I cannot take the exact content from my site and put it on here, for as I learned the hard way recently, google punishes sites for duplicate content. So if I take a really high quality educational article I wrote years ago, and put it word for word (even close to it) on babypips just so I can link internally, then both babypips and my site get punished by them and their ranking system for duplicate content.

I think to do this would be unfair to both babypips and myself which I’ve put a lot of time and effort in.

1. I’m writing a book which will also have original content. How can I share this and link to this without it being spam, since it will not be able to be posted on here duplicated in its original form? Tricky situation now isn’t it?

So what’s the solution? To Re-write all my existing content? Doesn’t seem reasonable, nor a good value for my time and others when I could be creating new content, ideas, and helping others become profitable, not to mention trading for my fund and myself.

Thus, I think a combination of a) writing original content for babypips and this thread, and b) also sharing content from my sources, is a workable set of options.

I am open to other ideas, but if I want to share information that I’ve written before, it doesn’t have to be taken as spam, and the majority here seem to agree with this.

Anyways, I will work consistently and directly with the mods to find a healthy balance that is workable to them. And I think in the end this will be an energetic situation to all.

All the best and good luck trading today

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

I think one day if the desire arises you will make an outstanding poitician Mr Capre.

There are so many holes in your argument it’s almost painful, I’m not going to pick through it however, too trollish for my liking and not a good use of my valuable time.

If you do want to talk about something productive I would be interested in discussing your audited accounts. Quite an unusual claim compared to most self promoting mentors or educational providers.

I can see I have a fan here…

I have no interest in being a politician and abhor most politicians out there.

I dedicate my time to what I am passionate about. Financial success in life is one thing and not difficult when one really puts their energy and focus in that…but having an impact on people’s lives in a positive way, is another thing entirely - so hopefully I am making progress in this area.

Again, whatever you wish to think about me, I support you in such an endeavor, although it seems like you have a fixed view about me.

If you want to have an open-minded conversation about things, that would be a discussion I am happy to entertain in any forum, arena or environment which I am quite confident I’ll do just fine with.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Like I said previously I’d be interested in discussing your audited accounts if you are amenable?

If you are willing to have an open-minded conversation, then I am happy to entertain one on any subject in any arena, forum or environment.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

So I guess the obvious question is where can I have a look at them?

I had a quick look round your site but couldn’t find how I actually view them.

@ 2ndSkiesForex,

Ignore slipp3ryWhippit. Profitable traders recognise good R:R, not just in financial trades, but also everything else in real life. Your contributions show very good R:R.

Hello Slip,

I think there is a confusion here.

First off, my audited track record is for my fund KronosFX, not 2ndSkiesForex. My fund has over a 10 year audited track record, and this service is an institutional service, not a retail one. Anyone who wants to interact with KronosFX has to do it through Kronos, not 2ndSkiesForex as they are two completely different companies and vehicles.

2ndSkiesForex is a retail service and a personal passion of mine, but a completely separate entity.

Secondly, anyone who wants to look at the audited track record has to a) be a financial firm or private family office, and b) has to agree to a very specific NDA.

Why?

Because we trade partially using a proprietary algo, and we protect this algo with the utmost importance. We don’t just publish our algo or track record to the public for anyone to see, because then the algo can be decoded. Signing the NDA, and being a financial firm allows us a legal recourse should the track/trading record be made public, or the algo copied. And even then, we never make the full track record available except to their auditors.

So hopefully that clarifies the confusion and explains the situation thoroughly.

I feel I’ve answered all your questions professionally which at this point I think is more than sufficient.

Kind Regards
Chris Capre

So when you say

“In regards to my fund, I have a 9+yr audited track record for my fund so I’m pretty sure that qualifies it and me.” - 2ndSkiesForex

Is it an empty statement? What is the use of them to anyone on this forum if we can’t view them. This makes them essentially unassessable?

Please don’t consider this a personal attack, one of my bugbears about self professed mentors, guru’s, pro’s or whatever they want to call themselves is the general lack accountability.

There is only one that I know of that has published / is publishing any kind of ‘proof’ and they don’t charge for their material.

Out of interest do you / have you published any results or track record anywhere?

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t believe that you are a scammer.

I just find the whole scenario of people coming onto forums and being taken solely at their word amazing (and I think we all know we’ve had a few reallly bad ones recently) and would find it refreshing if someone made a change.

In all honesty, I have read through your thread, checked out the free stuff you make available, and I purchased your PA course. Although I am not using your PA methods exclusively at the moment, I am immensely pleased with the purchase and am impressed with your approach towards trading, educating others, and abundance. If I were asked I would (and have) point people in your direction. I don’t think trading has to be either or when it comes to education, but given the free information you make available, I personally think your thread gives it’s readers (and your free videos/articles) enough to justify the references to your courses. This is not meant to be a plug, just my opinion.

Hello Kevin,

Good point mate and thanks for the positive comments on the R:R.

All the best and more to come.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Hello Chris,

What kind of book are you writing? Ebook or a regular paperback book that will be available at amazon.com?

Regards,
Ed

Hello Hogarste,

Thank you for sharing your experience of it. I take great pride in my work and am passionate about all that I do, so hopefully it is reflected, and that I have helped you in your trading.

All the best.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Regular book on price action, although its been a little behind as my dad has been having some health problems, so I’ve been taking time aside for that, and helping out the family.

Hoping for an early summer release (fingers crossed, but then uncrossed so I can type the book :wink:

Will definitely make an announcement when everything is complete.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Hello Traders,

Just a follow up on the GBPJPY reversal trade that I talked about yesterday in my market commentary on the pair, has definitely climbed higher, clearing past the 141 and 141.95 aforementioned levels.

Now the pair is threatening a host of levels, such as the channel top just north, along with the key swing high levels of 144.15 and 144.50 where I am guessing some sellers are parked.

If the intraday price action looks corrective heading into these levels, then I will consider a short in these upper levels, targeting 143 and 142. Any break above these key highs would be surprising heading into the weekend when liquidity should be leaving the market, so I’ll take that as a sign of strength and wait for a break above 145 before looking to get long.

Good hunting.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

I can’t agree with your comment. Of course he is doing some business. But in my opinion this is not an advertising forum. He is providing valuable articles,posts which are useful for everyone. So if you don’t like this forum why don’t you just follow other forums.

Hello Chris,

Don’t worry about the negative comments by the haters. We are on your side and know you are doing a great job with your thread to provide some knowledge to newbies like us. Imo any one can start a thread here on babypips and able show their opinions on forex trading rather than attacking other threads. Other thing is this forum is about price action learning. So we don’t expect trading results or any other performance reports from you. All we want is to learn new things everyday to improve our trading. Everyone should understand this.

Hello Chris,

Nice Analysis. According to your analysis this pair indicating reversal around 144.28 and may heading to your target levels around 143 & 142.