Volume in the forex market

I was watching my volume indicator the other week, and noticed that the volume would get up to a certain value, and then all of a sudden it changed and went lower! Then it would build a bit more, and change lower again! I watched this happen quite often since then, so I no longer feel I can trust the volume indictor… at least with MT4 & FXCM. That was really disappointing to find out :frowning:

To my knowledge, that is ONLY with FXCM. I would never use them for that reason. I must have watched 15 brokers volume over the years, never seen it work that way, besides FXCM. As for the debate in here…I’m really over it…the ignorance, and rehashed arguments, yawn.

Total rubbish.

http://www.purplepatchforex.co.uk/FxTraderVolumeArticle.pdf

The likes Tom Williams who created VSA does condone Volume in Forex. You can check it on youtube. Tradeguider does webinars online and Tom is there in person. They trade stock AND FX. Why would the likes on Tom Williams who TOLD people like YOU how Volume works in markets… be trading it in FX if it dont work?

The tick data work whether you choose to believe that or not. And the brokers dont control the volume we see, Each brokers Volume may be slightly different but its pretty much as close as you can get. Why dont we see for example Oanda providing a spike in volume at time X where FXCM shows no spike at time X?

Because the Tick volume is universally similar for all brokers in FX and to say it doesnt work just because you cant have volume in FX is dumb. Do you think anyone cares about the volume? no we care about the activity. And its been shown to work. Go on that link and see. Go on Petefaders thread and tell me all them pages of trades are coincidental winners…

If volume doesn’t work in FX, someone had better let my account know.

I traded stocks the same way for years, and applied the principles to the short term with fx just as well, with the minor exception that I prefer forex. :slight_smile:

Total Rubbish it is not my friend.
[I]If you are going to consider volume as a forexx trader you must first consider the trasparancy of the market along with the regulatory bodies in order to get true or as near to true readings as is possible otherwise you will be dependent on the
figures arrived at by your broker who according to the BBC is your Bithc will fork you over as soon as with no comeback to
thim or his dishonest cronies after all it is your money he is taking there are always hundreds more born every day your
dishonest brokerage can send out manipulated data stoprunners as soon as he sees his trade orders placed around so called
volume it is easy for his unscrupulous IT dept to manufacture volume I know because I have worked in that field consider
this only to be the retail brokerage volume given to you by your brokerage who is your bithc not even 20% of the real forex
volume which neither you nor he has any transparacy figures in relation then your strategy is that of a muppet trader or non trader by acting in ignorance of the real money volume provided by institutions using mechanical trading rules such as a
5min chart with a 60ema work that one out if you have the nouse although I know you have not because you are attempting to ridicule anyone who questions a dubious strategy around dubbious and inconsistent broker is your BIThC volume.
[/I]:32::32::32::32:

This must surely be the most perfect and brilliant reason not to use volume as a strategy core element. The pilloxism of those that do is legendary amongst those in the IT field working for brokers who as exposed by the BBC are your BITCEHS. Read price action, that will tell you all you need to know about market moves, not broker manufactured non transparent Volume Bars.
PS Tom Williams started life as a P***.

Looks to me like you are grumpy in regards to trading as a whole. Perhaps you have searched endlessly for a system or even tried VSA and failed… I doubt VSA is the only system you are against. You seem to think Brokers are out to manipulate “all” tools us traders can use… so why are you bothering? everything you see on the platform comes through a broker and so this cant be trusted also right. How exactly are you going to trade if everything you see on the screen is BS?

How about you stop speculating and read whats on the internet in regards to success in trading FX with Volume… its very simple if you research it to see that your talking nonsence.

I trade currency futures, this market is regulated so the broker cannot fork me over given that the futures market is regulated. Dig this baby, I use the same broker to trade Fx spot, this broker does not provide us with Volume as he is aware of how astute we are in terms of trading, not like the average Fx broker who according to the BBC is your BITHC. Sell your “VSA” system to those who wish to buy it by all means, but please do not tell lies about volume being relevant to a retail trader when it is the institutions that determine 80% of all Fx exchanges. Your broker can act like a BIThC because he is squandering your money on providing Volume.
No transparancy=no accuracy = Forex trading using volume for Dummies.

Have you never compared volume in FX futures to Spot FX? Are you going to tell me they show completely diffferent Volume bars with no correlation? you know they do so any argument against tick activity volume not working in FX is wrong. It cant be argues against. If the correlatoin is there then what does that tell you? clearly what you see on the screen is working… I dont no what else to say.

I can advise you of what else to say my original post was a reference to the CME futures currency markets for the respective volumes of USD EUR CHF SEK CAD GBP JPY AUD NZD not the buy sell volumes between vaious pairs as encountered in the unregulated spot market only volumes as provided by your broker or miscellaneous brokers whose only interest is drawing you into a false sense of security with provision of dubious volume as dictated by them their IT depts their aimless aspirationless chief executive officers ignorant of providing ignorance of the true fx exchange volume as regulated by the cme dictated by the orders placed and filled from the institutions governments banks drug dealers terrorists scum.
Just use price action , its a lot less to think about and you don’t have to worry too much about false data. If you get spiked out by your broker and you think he is having you over just give him a call and tell him what you think of him having recorded your chart using snagit proof of price action against highs and lows of the day, hour et al.

Guys, just let him be. Agree to disagree. :slight_smile:

I see your point but Volume still works.

To add, no one said we trade by volume only. Who said we dont use Price action? I do… Every little helps as long as it provides useful information and doesn’t lag etc… And most importantly, if you use it in the right way. Sure if you trade volume based off of supply and demand without taking into account what phase of the market cycle your in and also SnR levels, fibs… then yes you will mess up.

Each to their own.

A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. 7Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. He who has ears, let him hear.

If you trade using volume as part of your core strategy then you will be forked over period.

I guess I like being forked then…I would hate to see the real gain percentage I would be getting to my account if I was not getting forked…and stuck to what I was doing before…to each there own I guess…I am sticking with the tick volume…hope you find something that works for you as well as tick volume has worked for me in the past 8 months…:57:

Volume in the Spot FX market = Broker induced figures
                   Broker induced figures = False incorrect nonsense
   Therefore Volume trading Spot FX = False incorrect broker induced nonsense. 

Your methodology has come straight from the book “Forex for Dummies”. Never forget according to the BBC your Broketr is your BITHC.

I’ve come to the conclusion that these guys that slag off VSA, are closet VSAers, it’s like it’s a secret they want to keep to themselves and don’t want to let anyone else trade it because it’s such a successful method.

Sorry guys, I think that is totally unfair which is why I’m quite happy to help anyone that can see this, succeed in their trading.

Nice try - but the cat is out of the bag!

He is right, I said this before, this is why I feel [B]time[/B] is more important then[B] Volume[/B] itself…

BUT, I also find it better to trade when volume is low, lol… Especially if you want to catch the big moves… Once Volume hits a high level, its to late anyways, unless your a countertrend trader,

Yes, absolutely, I never could really get the countertrend moves, but the low volume trend continuations are great, I don’t use VSA much for entries now though, but I find it brilliant to tell you when to stay in the bigger trades, steady increase in volume, and you have a well sustained move.