VPS suggestions

Hello,
I am based out in USA (not many options for brokers other than forex.com, OandA) and would like to explore VPS for scalping or otherwise. I have an account with forex.com. Trading investment would be around $10k.

Any thoughts on which VPS services is robust, stable, fast and allow me to TRADE and TEST/optimize the EA’s? I am not able to find a reliable review for these services.

Will be using MT4 or Ninjatrade.

Thanks in advance.

I strongly suggest that you don’t even think about it.

The one thing you need for scalping (apart from the skill set, which very few people have, outside financial institutions) is an ultra-fast connection, with very fast upload and download speeds, no latency issues, and so on. All exactly the opposite of what a VPS can ever realistically offer.

Beside which, scalping and retail forex trading are mutually exclusive activities, as explained here:-

What kind of “otherwise”? What would a VPS enable you to do that you can’t do without it?

1 Like

Thank you LukasVisser.

I see my EA is getting disconnected multiple times with the broker during the day. In addition, I was also wondering the lag between my home computer compared to VPS ma be smaller and that can cause issues if I have to open or close quickly.

Yes, I see. Possibly, then. I think probably you mean “fast intraday trading” rather than “scalping”, really?

1 Like

Hi @Mangrad,

Using a VPS could help with both goals you mentioned:

1. maintaining a stable connection, and
  2. reducing latency

between your terminal and the server.

The size of your FOREX.com account would qualify you for a free VPS through either FXColo or BeeksFX provided you execute at least 10 round trip mini lots or the equivalent per calendar month. See the section at the bottom of this page on Free Expert Advisor Hosting: http://on.forex.com/2EGtj7g