VSA & Price Action – A powerful combination

I didnt say it wasnt good. my point is this thread was created combuination of VSA. If you post your examples or own strategy with VSA no problem Im very eager to learn.

let me take this one purple.

mario please do me a favor = find a post by purple = click on his name = this opens a box where you can click on view profile,
then once that page opens =- view the items on the left = specifically the one that sats “threads started by” or something onf that nature.
Then count the number of threads that have VSA in the title of the thread that he started.

. . .don’t forget to look past the first full page of threads started. (I am not trying to be an a&&; just trying to point out you seem a bit flippant in the way you post)

Hey guys. Sorry about the bad update but there’s just not been any high probability trades using the 1hr method I provide in this thread.

[B]Note that I use both VSA and Price Action, not necessarily together, sometimes the volume might not be there but Price Action is, then I take a trade solely off of Price Action etc (see my second example). That is what the powerful combination is about. A VSA trader would not take a trade if volume tells NO but if Price Action screams SELL/BUY you could take the trade anyway.[/B]

With the current market conditions it would be good to use a smaller Timeframe to enter and purplepatchforex provides perfect examples of just that, only that he does not use Volume, that is fine with me because I don’t always rely on volume.

Take the chance and learn from him, the method is very simple and it’s the same as I use for Price Action.

Here’s an example of what might happen if you don’t wait for confirmation.

A- a high volume candle like this will often make you think that the market will turn at this point, but as I’ve mentioned before it’s very important to wait for that bullish close to confirm. And as you see in this example there’s no confirmation and price just keeps going down.

This is why I don’t use the volume indicator any more, and this is important, it takes my focus away from price action, which in itself gives away the volume.

Ok, it’s always easy after the event, but the previous bar to A, is a strong bearish bar, small wicks, indicating strong bearish volume, and it’s breaking through a support level, the market just hasn’t got the momentum to continue at bar A, but the following bar is a bearish reaction, and so the market continues bearish, confirming that the high Volume at A was indeed push volume as opposed to SV, but as I say by the time you’ve confirmed if it’s SV or push volume, your entry is gone, the secret is in the previous price action, pin bar trendline rejection. There isn’t a trendline on the above screenshot, but you can easily see where it is, and you could enter off of the break of the pin bar.

ok many thanks!

Oh, yeah I forgot to mark that up, I hope you guys can spot it yourself!

See the strong reaction from the 2690 level, I’d say that shows a lack of supply, but it doesn’t necessarily mean the market will fly up, most likely it will now range for a couple of days at least, before it moves up or down. And there’s the thing with applying VSA to Forex, you can do your head in trying to work out if it’s accumulation or distribution phase, I’ve seen it look like one then the following day behave like the other and back and forth, but if you trade the pinbar rejections off the supply/demand trendlines you can get a number of winning trades in, and also the chance to be in a mark up or mark down phase at the end of the range.

This might just break short as I’m posting, but if I see more rejection, I will think about going long, it’s against the trend, so it lowers the probability.

Falling Knife! Some traders never trade a falling knife, however when you have a drop like that and then a channel forms like this:- You can scalp from the knife’s edge, There’s a good chance it will hit the bottom trendline again, and give us a scalp.

Don’t aim for too many pips though, the market is bearish.

Shorted at the first arrow, TP at bottom trendline for 20+ PIPS, looking to go long at the bottom arrow, will need a pinbar after the current last bar on the chart.

Hey Purple - two questions if you don’t mind - first is on this chart - and entry - you mention it is the second entry ‘signal’ / type - - where if i have my thoughts right I would say your looking for a
Bearish ‘longerish’ wick on bottom but also sort of ‘full body’ candle if that makes sense LOL - then a pinbar -rejection (usually off a trend line or s+r but in this case I assume you assumed - it is a nice pattern and is ‘close enough’ to the bottom) and then a bullish close after the pin bar…
is this ‘right’ thinking as I am not sure I see that in the chart. - OH WAIT – upon another closer look yes I do - duh!

Still -is this ‘right’ thinking’

Second question - what sort of win/breakeven rate do you suggest is ‘normal’ for your style of trading?

Not sure I understand exactly what you mean, but I trade longs off lower trendlines and shorts off the higher trendlines, single pinbars at confluence, 3 pinbars / long wicks at s/r only, and that’s all.

Stay in trades when the market is making a strong move i.e. when you have full bodied bars.

I have no idea what my win rate is! But doing that keeps me in profit and I don’t think to much about it.

Nice short this morning, normally I’d be taking profit, but with the Wyckoff possibly in the play, I am more tempted to stay with it, as always see how it goes.

The red circle was an entry I nearly got into yesterday, but decided against it, Oh well (damn and blast and bl**dy heck, and oh that would have been a great trade, p345£$%£$%), that’s forex.

Don’t you think entering short that low and into that buttom is very risky?

I’m looking to go long if we get a nice bullish close on this.

A - Price is unable to close below this area, indicating strength.

B - High volume and a huge pinbar. Again, indicating strenght and I’ll most likely enter long on a bullish close.

No :slight_smile: Like I say I don’t think too much, 2 pins + 2 pins on the 5m, follow the trend, it does what it says on the tin.

My entry is at the 1.2671 level, the little yellow triangle yes, not at the lows on my chart, is there where you were thinking?

That’s where I’m referring to when I say take profit, price is being rejected so yes I think TP is the order of the day.

I didn’t even see the triangle :stuck_out_tongue: I thought you entered on the arrow on the bottom!

No, that’s hopefully the second phase of markdown, after the re-distribution, but it’s not looking like it much at the moment, strong rejection at that 1.2620 level, so could well be going up like you say.

Yes Danny, looks like we’ve got a bullish reaction to that Volume now, but I’ll be very careful of longs, it could easily test again.

I find doing potential scenarios quite enjoyable, but of limited value, but here’s one that could play out.