What did you do when you realised you were a scalper?

Absolutely agree

I still scalp at the moment, but Iā€™m looking into entering some longer swing trades. Researching this now. Iā€™ve kind of discovered that as I learn more and trade more, iā€™ve developed more patience, stepped back to see that there are some oppertunities to be had understanding the longer game.

I think maybe two things, alot of noobs scalp, because ā€¦well you have to start somewhere and scalping is very hands on, very quick and very attentiveā€¦needs a lot of attention. You can learn fast, in either a good or bad way lol

Longer trades require you to be a bit more thoughtfull about your entry and exit, your research and understanding of trends has to be more tuned to be succesfull. Would anyone agree?

Yep i would agree, i may be a noob and only demo trading, but by watching the 1 and 5 min charts it has allowed me to see what happens when certain news reports get released. Monday was interesting with the news about the spanish banks on the weekend.

But yes i think if i was trading the hourly or daily charts it would need more long term planning. Its easy on the 5 min chart to ignore the news and grab a few pips, but the hourly ones, well more planning i think :slight_smile:

I started scalping, took some beating and switched over to more of a day trading type strategy, but then started scalping again and managed to develop a profitable strategy so here I am loving every second of it!

This is kind of unrelated, but I am writing an article for my journalism class about scalping and I was wondering if I could ask you some questions.

If anyone here who scalps on the regular or for a living would not mind answering some questions for me for a journalism article I am writing in school, I would GREATLY appreciate it.