What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

You are not wrong…that is the one I was referring to. I can’t remember which PTC video it is, but it was one of the earlier ones. Here are the notes I made from the video:

[B]London Close – Intra-day Scalping Set-up

Around 10am EST to 1pm EST there is a likelihood that the market will slip back into its daily range.

Parameters

You want to see a market that is either overbought because it has been trading over its Average Daily Range (5 days) or oversold because it is trading below its Average Daily Range. While this is an ideal condition, it is not necessary that you have that. If it is overbought and we see it trade to a key resistance/support level where the Fib or Pivot Points show a confluence of resistance or support, price should correct if not altogether reverse.

You can use the Optimal Entry on the 15 minute chart to catch this trade.

It is consistent. It happens a couple of times a month. There have been times where it has happened two or three times in a week. But do not expect it to happen every day, and do not think that you won’t get faked out sometimes.

It is a scalping technique, but it can be used to get in to longer term moves at times.

(ICT posts a trade example on the video but unfortunately I can’t get the picture here at the moment)

E.G. We have been trading in a very bullish direction for 3 days. Every day trading in the ‘sell zone’ above the Daily Pivot.

On this day we traded up past R1 (the first yellow line) to the mid-resistance point that is highlighted with the white, thinner line. This was at a time when we were going into the London close, and the pink box highlights the zone where we would be looking for the trade to set-up.

ICT places a Fib at the top of the move, and brings it down to the first swing low which occurred 9 candlesticks after the high. Price then reversed back up, but it never made it into the Optimal Entry (62%-79%) sell zone. Price traded back down for another 4 candlesticks after the small high, and then finally reversed back into the Optimal Entry zone. It is at this point he placed his sell trade with a S/L above the initial high.

More Ideal trade conditions for entry:

The swing low before the Optimal Entry should be 20% of the day’s range or over. In this example the day’s range was 2 pips short of 100 pips (call it a hundred), so we should be looking for price to fall off by 20 pips before swinging up for the Optimal Entry. In this example, it actually fell back by 25 pips.

So, 1.6210 was his entry price. Where should we look to take profits? There are in fact several ways to do that. Here is one:

Take your Fib and place it at the swing low before you took the Optimal Entry. Pull it up to the main high (to the left) that was initially made. The way ICT sets up his Fib gives extensions, and in this case price traded down to the 161.8 extension netting 70 pips.

Another way to find the EXIT for this set-up:

If you take the low for the day, or in this case as we have been trading very bullish for a few days, take the previous days low, and pull the Fib up to the high, our scalping trade exit comes in around the 38% retracement. Further to that, by pulling up the Pivots, we can see that there is a confluence with the 38% retracement and the MR1 (between PP and R1).

So in conclusion, if price has been bullish all day, or for a few days, you should be looking to see price trade back into the day’s range around the London close.[/B]

Sorry I couldn’t get the pictures in, but this is basically Optimal Trade Entry during the London Close ‘kill zone’. Note that from the 7 trades I have taken, only one was Cable, and two were Fiber. The others were USDJPY, EURGBP, and EURJPY x2 (all low spread pairs). What I have found is that ICT’s example where he netted 70 pips is a BEST CASE scenario that came about because we had been trading bullishly for more than just one day. In my limited experience, it seems more likely that the move fades out at the point that you initially drew the Fib to for OTE. This represents a Risk:Reward ratio of 1:1, which might not sound good, but if all the parameters are met, it does seem to have quite a high success rate.

N.B. When I say parameters, the ones that I have been sticking to religiously are: ADR High or Low met AND 20% retracement of the ADR. The first one allows me to easily filter candidates from a possible 8 low spread pairs (sometimes down to 3 or 4 on any given day, less rarely down to none at all) in order to give more opportunities than just Cable or Fiber alone; the latter makes sure that I get a good swing to place the Fib on. Last night I had 4 candidates, but only Fiber came off nicely before retracement back up to OTE. The others either meandered and continued higher, or else didn’t come back to the OTE zone. I don’t mind letting these go because although they might head back into the ADR, they don’t present that low risk entry that I feel comfortable with.

Anyway, this is where I am at right now based on the information that ICT has supplied so far. Don’t take this as the complete article because he has said that there is further stuff to come. You should also note that ICT presented this move as a Cable move, and not as a move that should necessarily be tried on other pairs. It is me that has made the decision to use iot across the board as I need more opportunities based on the fact that I am unable to trade the nice big earners that appear regularly at London open.

With regard to more insight, ICT has promised it, but from what little I have seen in these last few weeks, I think we have the meat of the information here, and we are just waiting for the bells and whistles. He did mention 90% accuracy though, and the fact that I am only looking at 71% so far (5 wins, 1 loss, 1 BE) might just be because of the lack of data to base it on.

Regards
Alishijo

^^ yep then we are referring to the same video lol PTC 02/02/11 if anyone didnt see it in the other post =P

Thank you, ICT, for this fabtastic and epic post. I’m a novice in the world of forex trading with zero trading experience and hope to benefit from the wealth of information here. Thank you once again for your time, selfless effort and benevolence in imparting such knowledge, useful tips and guidance.

Unfortunatly for me i was a little late starting on this thread/video journey. I only discovered it a few weeks back and am bringing myself up to speed. Yesterday and this morning everything ive learnt up to this point (about halfway through the thread and videos) suddenly came together. Wow.

I just took my first winning trade using ICT’s methods and i am really happy :slight_smile:

I went short at the 1.6100 level which was also 50% fib and MS1 pivot level. The 1.6100 level had offered good previous support and a little resistance. My stop was set at -20 pips and i took a 40 pip profit at the S1 pivot level. Thought about sitting the trade out because of the pending Univ of Mich news report at 13.55 gmt but im glad i didnt.

Your a good man ICT, thank you :wink:

Thanks Alishijo, I will make sure to check out that video again!

I do remember ICT stating that he will release an actual London Close Scalping System, so I thought that was released already. Got my hopes up because it is the perfect time for me to trade (versus 1am in the morning for London Open).

I have been slowly developing my own London Close system based on ICT principles as well. As I try to refine it more, I will try to show you if anyone is interested.

Regards,
Clark.

Hi guys, after some loss on Monday, I decided to take a break from trading this week and trade only small test account. I also decided to do again the same exercise which I did last year almost every week. I just simply sat down on friday or weekend and found the best possible trades of the week and how I should trade it and then I looked back how I actually traded.

I decided to share my top-down analysis. Here is 1st part (any comments are appreciated, but if it is not useful for anybody, just tell me and I will keep it just for myself. Well, this is not my thread :21: ):

D1: http://www.mantafx.com/pics/manta_week12_eu_d1.gif

H4: http://www.mantafx.com/pics/manta_week12_eu_h4.gif

H1: http://www.mantafx.com/pics/manta_week12_eu_h1-1.gif

M15: http://www.mantafx.com/pics/manta_week12_eu_m15-1.gif

M5: http://www.mantafx.com/pics/manta_week12_eu_m5-1.gif

part 2:

Pics for D1 and H4 are the same…

H1: http://www.mantafx.com/pics/manta_week12_eu_h1-2.gif

M15: http://www.mantafx.com/pics/manta_week12_eu_m15-2.gif

M5: http://www.mantafx.com/pics/manta_week12_eu_m5-2.gif

part 3 (the last one hehe :wink: ):

Pics for D1 and H4 are again the same…

H1: http://www.mantafx.com/pics/manta_week12_eu_h1-3.gif

M15: http://www.mantafx.com/pics/manta_week12_eu_m15-3.gif

M5: http://www.mantafx.com/pics/manta_week12_eu_m5-3.gif

So finally only 3 very good trades on EU for the whole week. There were some 2 or 3 more possibilities if you are not so strict and not wait for 72% retracement, but take also e.g. 61.8% or 50%.

Conclusion for me…Don’t overtrade idiot, wait for good and clear set up.

Have a nice weekend.

there you have it folks, a full week of sittin on your hands. I paper traded a short on the fiber, the only “trading” I did and it netted me a 42 pip gain, but as you can see the only $$$ going into my account was the 28 cent oanda interest payments : p

Didn’t trade at all either but there’s always next week!

This week’s been pretty hectic (probably because of Japan) in my opinion. I’ve been watching the markets, but did not trade a thing. I did miss out on a couple nice entries but that’s alright. There’s always next week. :slight_smile:

Hope everybody’s week went well. Have a good weekend everybody. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Clark.

Well it was an up and down week for me. I ended up -6 pips for the week but learned a lesson from both of my losing trades

1: It’s not necessarily wise to go with the minimum 10 pip sl al the time. I set a sl with the minimum of 10 pips above the last SH and price went just above it before retracing

2: Never place the sl 5 pips before the figure. Seems pretty basic in hindsight. I didn’t even realize i did that until later in the day (it was to late by then) Price went 2 pips above the figure and then retraced.

So good week over all I lost 6 pips of fake money and learned two valuable lessons. :smiley:

Have a good weekend everyone

Mike

Okay, this is a daily chart on the cable, and what I’m seeing here is market flow still bullish despite the last 3 down days. It has to break that 1.5980 level in order to turn bearish, or maybe there will even be a stop hunt just below that level. But if 1.5980 holds and market flow is still bullish, good long entry brewing? We’ll see, glad to be trading again this week :slight_smile:

I know I promised to code some kill zone indi, but I’m very lazy and besides I think, it is so simple, that you don’t need any kill zone indicator.

Instead of that, I share my small info indi. It shows actual profit/loss, spread, tick value and Lot size (even with 1/2, 1/3, 1/4 fractions) based on predefined stoploss and percentage risk.

Hope it helps somebody. Enjoy.

Info about settings is in attached zip file.

I use white background in Metatrader, so don’t forget to change Colors, if you use default black background!

Today was a great EU long setup and finally bounced off S1 pivot up to central.

PTC online :31:

GLGT

Thanks ICT! I was starting to suffer PTC withdrawal :35:

Welcome back ICT!
I hope you’re feeling better.
The bug is everywhere now… =/

Took a hit last night during London Open, my analysis was on spot, but my entries were taken in a hurry.
Tonight I am look at the reactions price will make around 1.60 level on the Cable. Long term sentiment indicates a bearish signal. While market flow is about 13 pips from indicating a bullish bias (4H), and with support at 1.60, I will be looking for a long entry. Pulling a fib from the recent bullish swing, the 79% rests closely to the CPP.

Hopefully tonight works in our favour. =)

Regards,
Clark.

Hey all, i been lurking around this thread for a while now. Going through the videos a second time because the first time i was in a hurry and i didn’t really “get” some of it. Can any of the newbies/exnewbies tell me how long it has taken to really see this stuff come together? Seems like some really solid concepts though. Thanks ict for taking the time.

It took me 3 years to see all the stuff come together and gain more money than lose. Although I still have periods when Im not satisfied with results and sometimes still fighting with consistency.

I have extraordinary talent to make things complicated :smiley:

I think ICT’s tools were the last missing piece in my trading. It helped me really lot. And I’m sure he has more interesting tools to share…