What happened to babypips?

No. I don’t do this anymore.
I was running a site, and flaunted my myfxbook account.
Jammed twitter and youtube w/ tons of trading info.

@ the end of the day, I realized I was spending anywhere from 5-6 hours on babypips, twitter, facebook, stocktwits, tradingview, email, and maintaining the blog on the site.

I shut everything down, archived the site, and took a 1.5 month break from trading to re-gather my thoughts.

Decided to come back anew, and focus much more of my time/effort on improving my process, rather than seeking validation from others on the web.

My plan is to lurk on BP, and interject wherever and whenever I want. :slight_smile:

Hope that explains it.

Sharing information is the basis of this & most other likeminded trading forums scattered around the internet. There is nothing wrong at all with that admirable pursuit.

It’s when people begin presenting specific models, approaches, strategies & systems claiming consistent success without validating or verifying these claims that the waters become muddied & the damage begins to set in.

New members, especially those with no prior experience of this environment, very quickly become hooked on the bait laid down by these sometimes outrageous claims. Even those [I][U]giving the impression[/U][/I] of accumulating consistent profits without providing any regular evidence whatsoever, are causing untold frustration & false indications of the potential when following specific threads, which often entail sacrificing hundreds of hours of reading & study.

Why on earth should individuals be purposefully led down blind alleys simply to feed the ego of some forum addict?

If these thread vendors and/or their regular co-contributors simply linked their independently verified trading history on page 1 of their thread, interested parties could see the updated records each time they decided to invest time, effort & perhaps money into a long, detailed & often never ending thread.

It would offer confidence that those dispensing said advice & recommendations were both competent & more importantly, credible individuals.

Giving out specific strategy advice and/or posting up regular analysis giving the impression it’s a successful approach without verifying any sort of proof has nothing to do with seeking validation though.

Jake… This is what has been said:

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/69482-there-future-currency-trading-2.html

It does not look too good.

You should answer back, if it is a pack of lies.

Jake, welcome back. Now first off all. To those that don’t know I am a great fan of Jake. His wealth of knowledge and ability to articulate it is as good as any. But I am also his greatest critic and he has copped all he needs from me. But that’s all histroy and personally I hope we can put that behind us. Personally i think the forum lucky that Jake the trader has come back. Hope all is well bro and the pips are churnning in

Nice one, Bob!

That’s the spirit!

Welcome back, Jake!

I’ll comment on that. If anyone accused Jake of anything it would off been me. But I didn’t accuse Jake of being a scammer, just a marketer using babypips. But that’s all history. I’m glad Jake is back. I know who the better trader is and its not me.

[QUOTE=“bobbillbrowne;663897”]

I’ll comment on that. If anyone accused Jake of anything it would off been me. But I didn’t accuse Jake of being a scammer, just a marketer using babypips. But that’s all history. I’m glad Jake is back. I know who the better trader is and its not me.[/QUOTE]

There’s only one reason a marketer takes his myfxbook link down… Lol

Going back to Emerald’s thread topic, I give you…

the cover of the 25th October issue of the magazine ‘The Week’:

How topical!

This is probably a little more applicable.

How I imagine what the OP looked like while posting this thread.

…Jesus, I can’t believe I had to respond to that.

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/69482-there-future-currency-trading-3.html#post664024

Well- sorry Bob lol. I didn’t read this post until after I made my own (which wasn’t too nice). Listen, I’m all for moving on- 100%.

No hard feelings, but, I’m not deleting my response to your claims. It needs to be out in the public.

Good luck out there- see you around.

Jake

Vent all you need my friend (you have been official upgraded fro bro to friend). I am glad we can put the past behind us. As I have always stated I have great respect for Jake the trader. Your depth of knowledge and ability to articulate that knowledge speaks for itself. So my sincere apologies if you ever thought I was attacking you or stalking to defame. If I ever question you it was soley to promote independant thought amongst others.

That’s why I don’t like marketers. Marketing is a very cold calculated science that promotes an enitities goods and services and rarely does it promote independent thought. Dont think anyone can survive in this game who can’t think for themselves.

So emeraldoc, what’s happen to BP. Nothing at all. We are still a community of passionate traders that can disagree in zealous rage but can respect each other at the end of the day. Some just need to toughen up.

All the best Jake and I look forward to learning more from you

Bob

What happened to BP?

Not really a lot. It’s just like any other forum that has many members. I visit a lot of Hot Rod forums. There are always the loudmouth types that act like they just built a Ridler winner, and dispense advise whether solicited or not. Then there are the quieter lurker types that actually have some wisdom, and a ton of experience, but don’t pop up every time someone has a question that they could have easily answered with the judicious use of the “Search” function.

That pattern is prevalent on just about every web forum on almost ANY subject you can imagine. Gardening. Guitar playing. Sports. There’s always a few loudmouth know-it-alls, and a few truly knowledgeable lurkers, but it’s always mostly a soup of inexperienced beginners that are generally ill equipped to discern the difference between the two.

No matter the subject, the internet in general is a “buyer beware” situation.

Here’s an internet mechanic horror story for you: Tuner wrecks customer’s Ford GT, situation devolves from there - Autoblog

The reason that’s not happening is because if they did link to an independently verified account folks would see some very disappointing results & would very quickly conclude that the potential returns v/s the time invested would be negatively skewed & not worth the effort.

That’s why you witness so much resistance from these vendors, their cohorts & others who casually trawl these forums throwing their hindsight trades around like confetti to supplying live proof of their trading progress directly linked to the strategy/model being presented.

They constantly trot out these excuses about confidentiality agreements or privacy & hacking issues & try to paint those enquiring as trouble makers or trolls. The reality of course is most of them are either running a net negative or barely profitable (live) balance or simply playing via a demo account.

Revealing their actual trade sheets to the forum membership would very quickly expose their inadequacies & burst their bubble.

So, what happened to Babypips?
The same thing that’s playing out on similar forums.
It’s becoming tired of high profile members dragging hundreds of posts behind them, giving false impressions of financial success to novices.

Newer members need to become much more savvy before blindly accepting these rose tinted views being painted by some on here.

And the only realistic means of identifying the genuine articles on these forums is to see an independently verified track record of that persons live trading history before investing their time & effort.
And no-one should be shouted down or belittled as a troll or trouble maker for requesting the most basic form of validation before investing that time & effort.

In fact anyone who doesn’t, needs to ask themselves some uncomfortable questions.

Wow, is that really FXJake? Or am I confusing myself with another Jake? :slight_smile:

No connection Kevin.

[QUOTE=“FOREXunlimited;664271”] No connection Kevin.[/QUOTE] LOL, :p…

I could not agree with MT more…

I know you. You’re that professional hedge fund manager or … hang on… listern… what’s that…crash… bang… slap. Thats the sound of me jumping up and down slapping my bare behind. Because I don’t care about you or you’re hired goons that only have something to say on this types of threads. Your input into the BP community has in effect been sweet FA. Talk about trawlling and the pot calling the kettle black.

First how about you show us the way. Lets see you letter of employment. Your salary. Use your real name ( not some greek muse of song and dance). Your verified track record.

Second the only people that need this information are incompetent lazy metally retarted sheep. These people don’t like hard work or have the intelligence to figure anything out for themselves. They look for short cuts and wish only to copy some-one-else’s system. They will always be failures in whatever they do. The path to success is the longest, hardest and most tedious journey one ever takes. And its more a journey into self discovery than speculating. People fail because they are not prepared for the huge amount of time one must invest in one self. As I said. People are lazy. And they certainly don’t like to have to critic themselves.

One only answers to themselves. One has to accept reponcibilty for ones own actions. You have to do this for yourself. That means hour upon hour of research. And lets face facts. Most of the crap out there has been produced by the industry marketing themselves. No different here at BP.

If you haven’t got the intelligence to figure out which members are active for the right reasons compared to the likes of yourself and your hired goons who only pop up at these times then I am afraid your not going to succeed in this game. End of subject.

So to conclude, I challenge you to open up and actually share some of your knowledge rather than trolling around hiding behind your desk.

And just for the record and I have said it before. I am a dairy man. I make things from milk. BP’s is where I have shared my journey. Its easy to use the search button and get a good laugh at my misadventures