What's happening to GBP/USD?

You have definitely overcome every traders nightmare and IMO you are bound to be on 21st century market wizards in the near future. I only managed to capture a measly 175 pips and was just worried about holding over the weekend in case especially with such a move.

Well done amigo!

Gracias señor…

Nowt measly about 175 pips, esp. if you slapped a standard lot on that… I am at 515 pips profit so far on my Cable short, with a 5k exposure…

A couple of high-profile Carney/BoE speeches today (11.45am) and tomorrow (2.45pm) may halt or exacerbate what is a train heading south at full speed… So glad that Kashif got out of those Pound longs…!!!

I keep thinking the same everyday. At least he has half an account. The power of cutting losses.

Yes Pip, I did slap a standard lot so it was crazy but it is all about capital growth. Anyway as a trader you always want that perfect trade. I don’t hunt for it though, it will come sooner or later.

[B]Hello Traders!

Here is my updated Price-Volume Analysis, showing accumulation phases and sell-offs, backed by volume (the first one is
now off-screen, being that massive one on the 13th August); you will see how the latest sell-off happened on the back of the weekend gap down, with zero volume behind…

Interestingly, Carney’s speech and the August GDP (NIESR) estimate today, both of which rated as high-impact events, were completely disregarded by the markets, with almost zero reaction from GBP/USD… Will the BoE members’ speeches tomorrow bring new fuel to the fire? [/B]

[B]Due to comments from BoE members and Governor this afternoon, the GBP/USD rose a little…

I was stopped out, closing with a profit of 440 pips.

Very happy and letting the next few hours go by to see what happens …

[/B]

I also Had a great run with Cable. I may short again after this retracement. :slight_smile:

I was looking at gbpusd but couldn’t see a clear direction and saw (or thought I saw) a clearer direction with audusd so I went with that. Got stopped out as well. Must be stopped out day for VSA traders.:17:

[B]Here is the (almost) minute-by-minute account of what Carney & Co. said to the Parliamentary Committee

in Westminster regarding Scotland’s independence and what the BoE would do for the BoS (Bank of

Scotland), a.k.a. ‘contingency plans’…[/B]

Mark Carney grilled by MPs about Scottish independence – business live | Business | theguardian.com

Yes these days shorting this pair is a win win situation because it,s falling like a rock . Every buy order is a suicide and just like catching a falling knife.

My target was 1.5834 for this pair. I am off the table anyway. Sterling rose against NOK and JPY so it is a dark horse at present for any other short moves. Should do one more wave down I expect, which may explain all the volume.

hello dears what do you feel about current raising GBP/USD? still are you feel falling this pair, please give me your opinion…

You are right mate :slight_smile: We can see the little bull pressure on daily chart at the moment but i believe that won’t sustain much longer in front a huge downtrend.But i am also off the table anyway but if again the bears defeat the bulls i will be looking to short this again.

[B]Hello Traders!

Looking at GBP/USD for the last fifty years (courtesy of FXtop.com), I saw that we seem to have a Head and Shoulders pattern from the 1990s to the present day… We may be looking at a two-decade-long technical pattern in the making, possibly, subject to confirmation: [/B]

The GBPUSD stays above the 1.6200 level and that level could serve as support for this pair.

I got short at 1.6555 on 9/2 when it broke the three day low to the downside. Stop is now at 1.62827. I am hoping the downward move will continue without hitting that stop. I will not go long today at anything less than 1.6800ish (I am bearish for now).

Still short, my 1.62827 stop was not triggered friday. The high was 1.62759 (close, but still in).

It is a heavy week ahead for trading Pound, Dollar, or Euro… By next month we should know whether this ‘head and shoulder’ pattern will have been observed and how far it may develop…

Yes, next week will be a tense week for GBP, Dollar and Euro.

This session begins with the price moving just a tad south. Stop is still sitting untouched at 1.62827, ready to take profit and go flat if the price moves that high. But the three day low bid is now 1.61847 so I placed a sell order at 1.61842 with a stop for that added unit at 1.62827. If we break that low I will be in with two units.

Although the drop from the 7/15 high is over 920 pips, we are still only roughly 475 pips below the 200 day moving average. During the run up from July 2013 to the 2014 July high, the new high maximums ranged from 500 to 800 pips above the moving average, so there could easily be another 100 to 300 pips left in this leg down from the July 7/15 high before we get into unusual activity using the last few years as a reference.

Nice analysis, arbitrager…