Where do I start?

Hi,

-Finish the school
-Open demo account
-Read books, forums.

Good luck

Try a “copy some trader” too and learn the ropes.

How do you learn from copying someone else’s trades?

[I]“The only shortcut in forex is the shortcut to failure”[/I]

Opening a demo account with one of the brokers is a good place to start apply all that you have learned in babypips it does not involve charges it is free by all broker. You need to demo first before going into live account and start trading with real money.

Demo Demo Demo. Use it, test it, crash it, do it again, till you learn proper money and risk management, then start with a micro account risking 10% of your monthly savings only (or more in line with your risk profile). Of course education is never ending, read good books, do research on areas that need improvement, understand your trading mistakes and fine tune. Last, Let your curiosity push you to read more. Enjoy the journey!

You have to do more more research to improve your trading . A demo is a good place to put all your knowledge into practice . You can practice forex trading with having to risk your money .

This answer here is just it…“look for a good broker and start a demo account with them”…Practice in that account for as long as you want until you feel ready to go real…That’s what all newbies should learn to emulate.

I believe u should use demo to know ins and outs of the platform. making trades on it will not get u ready emotionally for whats gonna happen in live trades. Open micro account and trade that and u will learn more doing that than a year on demo.

demo account is very advisable for anyone who starting forex business . that are early process for learning as directly to practice soany starter can learn by doing and take advantage from this

This is not true. Some brokers will not let you open a demo account without having a funded account with them as well. While it will not affect your balance on the demo account, some consider this part to be a cost.

There are enough brokers out there that will let you trade a demo account without having to open a regular trading account, however. Once you get your system tweaked to your satisfaction, you can then open a regular trading account and go live. But I recommend doing research before just going with broker X, even if they were the one that let you demo account trade. Make sure that you are going to be happy with them, at least as much as you can, because they will be responsible for helping you while you try to increase your account balance.

Demo is good for newbie, But demo contest will be more great for them, if you are able to master the trade faster than common newbie, you will get real money an can start real trading.
Here is the best place for participate in demo contest Forex demo trading contest from LiteForex

Hello Robo

There is one big concern with contests, Even though it helps a lot in getting used to trading and taking every trade seriously, the main problem with contests is that the winners are not using correct money management, mostly throwing 50% of their capital in 1-5 trades using a 1:500 leverage and to gamble on a rally or a dip. Once you get used to this, it becomes a (bad) habit that can wipe your account if you go live.

I have rarely seen consistent winners in contests. The top 10 list is always different. This reflects lack of consistency for the winners. In contests trading is prone to become more or less like a gamble with ugly money & risk management.

It is fine to try out and get $500 or $1000 prize and start trading without risking a cent from your own money, but i would not depend on them for building good trading habits.

I’ll second Oceanman.
I’ve entered a few comps, purely for a bit of fun and I never use mm in them.
The last one I entered I went from 10k to 54k in a couple of days, dropped to 20k, back up over 50k, then blew the lot.
I just enjoy not having to be concerned what happens and if I’m lucky enough to win the competition thats a bonus

totally agree. it is fun!!. The selection process in weekends is fun along with the long swing trades. It can be very profitable at times but i have never won anything. That would be a bonus :slight_smile:

One way to look at this, if the winner is smart about it, is to try to win, and use the winnings for seed money for their actual trading account, and if they are smart, use proper MM on their live trading account. If I were to enter a contest like that, and by some huge stroke of luck, I would do it that way. Of course, I am still learning a lot so probably would not live trade immediately after anyway until I had learned a lot more.

I did some checking on that link (more so the site specifically) and found some stuff that doesn’t quite add up.

First, on the Top 10 Forex $2 500 page, the prize amounts listed, for places 1-10, only equals $545, and they say the total monthly prizes awarded total $2500
"Winner:

the first 10 traders with the highest balance value will be the contest winners. The monthly contest prize amounts to $2 500."

However, if you multiply the weekly total by 4 (obviously only an approximation of 1 month), you only end up with $2180.

Also, at the end, under the conditions, item 3.12.
“Winners are invited to participate in LiteForex’s advertising and marketing actions such as interviews, photo- and video-reportages, and press releases concerning the contest. At the same time LiteForex commits itself not to divulge winner’s private information (including name and surname) without winner’s consent. Should a winner refuse to participate in these actions, LiteForex group of companies reserves the right to disqualify the winner and award the prize to the participant occupying the next place in the final rating.”

If they are winners and invited, that usually means they can choose to do the advertising and marketing and videos and interviews and all that stuff, or they can choose not to? Then later it says if they refuse to participate, they can be disqualified. Now to me, that says if they are disqualified then they are not winners. Nitpicking, I know, but since these terms are expected to be the conditions of the contest, shouldn’t it just say that winners are required to be available for “advertising” and forfeit the contest if they aren’t?