Why are there so many forex and stock trading gurus

Doubt it mh.
They were never students + the only ex-forum members participating in their live trading room actually transact business via their various accounts.

It really doesnā€™t matter who these members are, where they are now or what evidence they showed. I contributed to this thread not to cause a debate but to simply say that there are professionals, and they did/do exist on this forum too. I used to be a much heavier contributor to this forum years back and as a result you start to meet a few good people (and some complete idiots).

As already said, past members leave for one of two reasons. They either lose everything and run out energy and the dedication required, or they succeed and surpass having to repeat each and every bit of advice which is posted to help out others (and quite honestly itā€™s ignored 90% of the time and shat all over by spammers)

Anyways, best of luck!

But it does to poor old Alderney :frowning:
Heā€™s trying to sort the wheat from the chaff, asking you a direct question in the process, & you dangled a nice juicy worm in front of him only to then swiftly yank it away without so much as a bye your leave.

Some of them also leave when the temperature begins to rise due to more & more folks asking them to validate all their hindsight calls & analysis.

There are ā€œgurusā€ in every singe forum niche on the internet. Just trying to take money away from the newbies basically.

Stupid quote. But the comment is great.

The real thing is that trading is stressful and emotional. And people prefer making money from teaching which is much more enjoyable than actually trading.(plus money is bigger teaching than trading, because of all the idiots that donā€™t want to take time to learn by themselves).

But please do not confuse education with product selling such as: Hey Iā€™m selling my new EA or indicator. This is where the real bull**** is.
But I canā€™t blame them, I blame the idiots that buy them. They still believe in santa and do not deserve to win any money from the market because those people have a loser mindset. They donā€™t want to put any effort. So better for this money to be in a pocket of those who put the effort, even if itā€™s in the real market with real dumb money rather than on stock charts.

Thatā€™s how it is. But then itā€™s just my opinion.

I wasnt reffering to repuable books or sources.

I was reffering to stuff like:

ā€œHey, 30 pips a day with my system! dude try it out youl be a millionair, for only ā‚¬5 subscripion fee/monthā€

Or:

ā€œwith this indicator/oscilator mix sucss is guarantdd! i swear, look at thisā€

Or:

ā€œThe way to sucess is using this technique combine with this attitudeā€

Im not reffenring to reputable books like john murphy, a random walk, or thory of reflexivity, or books that teach you economics.

I dont know 4 market wizzards, but the title already tells me i dont need to read it at all.

Yep Agreed.

But you know itā€™s up to people to not buy into this ****.
If people really want to learn some realistic stuff I can suggest.

Those guys for forex:
TradeEmpowered ā€“ Empowering Traders Worldwide
Those guys for stocks:
Investors Live | Day Trading Stocks with Nathan Michaud
And those guys for futures:
Chris Dunn - Day Trading Training Systems And The Good Life
Day Trading Academy: Investing & Trading Education

Choose who does provides more value to you.

Cā€™mon, you cant be serious! I know these guys know their stuff but, other than the free basics that they dangle as a worm to bait you, they all charge big money for their courses.
All newbies would be better off learning the ropes here and reading the threads here to help get a grip on the stepping stones of forex, before possibly looking at some free videos, then maybe the free training with the above (Jason Stapleton is very good, but a hell of a hard seller). Having done this, and then having a better idea what type of trader they are, they could then consider paying for a more in-depth course.
A lot of us on here forget the site is called Babypips, its specifically aimed at newcomers and less-experienced traders.

Itā€™s a profitable business, so of course there are people selling their services. That said, Iā€™ve always wondered the same thing - if theyā€™re so good at trading why are they wasting their time selling their strategy to people when they could be trading and making money off of it? Frankly, I too prefer to watch and read free tutorials or get a Forex-related book by a big name trader.

A review of that scammer Chris Dunn Chris Dunn and Daily Trading Profits, Et al. - Trading Schools.Org
All the guys VladWulf recommended are 100% gurus and not traders. But then again, in another thread he was talking about how heā€™s making 20% per weekā€¦:29:

Hahaha, just lovely. Obviously thereā€™s no end to the long line of idiots that throw away their money on scams, guruā€™s and everything else that is the exact opposite of what they should spend money on: building their account and buying as many trading books as possible (and reading them!)

lol, you donā€™t really need to scratch too far beneath the surface do you.
the flashier & more cringe worthy the website, the faster you need to run in the opposite direction, especially if thereā€™s also the obligatory [I]accompanying music[/I], be it a subscription or free site!!

actually Magnus apart from reading up on & familiarising themselves with the ins & outs of risk & bet management, thatā€™s the last thing they should be doing, but thatā€™s undoubtedly a topic for another day.

Much of the trading literature is, like most of what is found online, rubbish, but for those who can learn to separate the wheat from the chaff, they will find their way to the nuggets out there.

Iā€™m guessing you refer to the rubbish part and I agree, but the trick is to read a lot and use your critical thinking to place most in the rubbish bin and put the rest on the skillset shelf in your mind.

I could rant about what you should go out and read, or who is worth listening to online, but I think thatā€™s up to everyone to figure out for themselves.

Oh dear, I didnā€™t even notice the music. Now itā€™s perfect :smiley:

I donā€™t know I never bought their products nor subscribed to any survice.
Check their youtube channels. They have plenty of ressources.
And again as Iā€™ve told. If you were to buy something without verifying their value you are an idiot and your money is better in his pocket than in your pocket.

So Nathan Michaud is a 100% gurus and not trader? Funny Mala fides omnia corrumpit.
By the way if you are too poor to buy a course there are other ways to get it.

And MrBurger 55% this week as Iā€™ve shown on my screens.
The time you spent giggling here would be better spent at learning how to read market.

I know you never watched JS stuff but I remember what he said once and that made me laugh so true it is.
People spend lots of time at babyschool are not traders, they are losers.
But hey, you are fun anyway.

I remember how people criticized Tim Sykes by the time and how they were saying that short selling is illegal. True story
What you think I donā€™t really care. Itā€™s up to you to look at the links and check what you need to pick and what you donā€™t.
If you are trusting my word 100% you are an idiot and deserve to lose your money.

This being said. Trading is not just about account and strategy. Trading is also a lot about psychology and watching some Chris Dun motivation stuff is really nice. I have learned about everything I know about market structure from Jason Stapleton stuff on youtube. I got their courses too (I didnā€™t pay I was too poor back then) but they were mostly about psychology and being consistant.
Iā€™ve got everything else from here and there. Chris Dun was advising to look to futures than Forex, Investors live had a huge stock of live examples of trading in real time. And even if they traded stocks it was very useful to understand why and how the masses do behave. Time Sykes explained very well about short and long squeezeā€¦etc

Anyway. What I want to say is that I picked things from here and there and didnā€™t pay anything. But I worked my ass off. Like really.
I am a computer science student so my knowledge of code let me code a lot of algorithms to test all thepossible strategy that are based on indicators. What usually noobs do when they begin is they go to the indicators and during 1-2 years they are switching from one system to another. I saved myself this time after 2 month of programming lots of indicators and strategies based on them.

I am also studying law in master degree and I specialized in finance. Especially High Frequency trading from a legal perspective.

There is one thing I hate, this is when people question my integrity. But even more when losers do so.

And for the old stupid ā€œcomment those who canā€™t do teachā€. I have a lot of very known lawyers teaching law in the university. So according to you they canā€™t do?

Ps: Donā€™t buy books. Books are garbage if you want to use them to create a strategy. All the books that talk about breakout strategies must be avoided because they are obsolete. HFT will most of the time chase your stop losses when important breakouts happen.

Iā€™m not getting dragged into this, with each post itā€™s less and less helpful to the OP.

[I]Never argue with an idiot. Heā€™ll drag you down to his level and beat you with his experience. [/I]

The people who work in stock can easily understand forex ,forex is easy than stocks so they are interested in doing trading. Many people like forex much because they can work any time in day or night . The reason to work in this market for a lot of people is that forex support all type of people to do trading.

[QUOTE=ā€œimbest;741634ā€]The people who work in stock can easily understand forex ,forex is easy than stocks so they are interested in doing trading. Many people like forex much because they can work any time in day or night . The reason to work in this market for a lot of people is that forex support all type of people to do trading.[/QUOTE]

This isā€¦deep.

Well, profiting from trading is way more difficult then profiting from teaching.

to be honest??

itā€™s very easy.
You can make money. And in this field your clients are people who are ready to throw their money out of the window.
you catch them by saying: doā€™nt throw it out, 95% lose money, I can teach you.
when you read this, you are interestedā€¦ at least when you are new.
but some of them are really good teachers and traders.

I by myselfā€¦ yeah. I trade. Even with small profit. I consistenly make between 0.5 and 1% a month. not a big fish :smiley:
But Iā€™m currently building my own teaching website. and why?
I want more money. when I get my 1% on a millon bucks I got from students I can live quite good. when I donā€™t teach and make 1% on a small accountā€¦ I can eat for one day a month and starve the rest.

Itā€™s mostly about multiplying. -> this is just my opinion and why Iā€™m doing it.