Why don't most traders believe in EA?

Indeed, no doubt of it. Most discredit comment are come from commercial EA user, but there’s rarely comes from ea trader who truly profitable. Because they wont give a damn an errand while they keep collecting pips each days. I dont have a good skill with programing but i do know how to turn my trading into logic version. For now I keep with my own developed trading system, reason why I keen to made automatic version, because human just like any other organism, its ‘expired’, alog with time our discretion, reaction, aging, fade in time. But when all our developed system are well written (logic code) it would last for long as other would easily to improve it setting, modify, and use as better reference rather than trading suggestion.

I’m always looking to add more strategies to my portfolio, if you have a strategy that you’d like to try getting automated, and wouldn’t mind explaining it, let me know. I’ll be happy to code it up for free as well as use my own infrastructure to test/develop it for you. Nowadays, even my backtesting/optimisation is automated, so I can tell you whether a strategy is viable or not as an automated system within 6-8 hours after coding it up. :slight_smile:

at last a coder :). I have several trading strategies currently at deep development, mostly breakout one.
my last attempt are related to historical trading system, and I currently tested manually. what I need for now is an indicator who shows last year’s daily candle related to current daily candle. usually I had my coder write it for me, but for now he’s on the mood of getting married, and for the next 2 months I wont bother such couple in “hibernate” state.
as for indicators, it shown candle information such range, body length, bear/bull candle type.
for example : current daily candle 10 march 2015, I need to fetch candle information from 9,10,11 march 2014 (range, body length, bear/bull candle type), simple as that.
if you dont mind to playing around with the code in your spare time, would be a great help for me. and I will make it on public thread to discuss it, share with other member.

Let’s not clog up the forums. Send me a private message with more detail and I can follow up. :slight_smile:

My money manager said he use EA, and so far he never disappoint me. I get extra $1500-$4000 every month for 5 months already, maybe its not much but it’s good enough for me. So i think EA is good, or at least the one they use is good.

Most traders simply haven’t found the right EA yet.

I don’t believe in robots because they are not certified to be the best way we can trade good and win consistently. I prefer trading manually after my analysis than hoping on a software to trade this market. I don’t believe on robots.

Wow, you got $1500-4000 monthly. How many dollars your capital to use in order to make $1500-4000 monthly? I think EA could work well if you had proper money management and you know how to use it well in timing and setting. But if you don’t know how to use it, so it could cause big losses too you either.

Majority of traders don’t believe in EAs because they don’t work. Even if they work, they will be useful for some days or weeks. And my personal experience is also that in my 4 years in forex market, I have never met any trader that’s been using an EA for long time.

I do not believe in EAs because they are static in nature and cannot capture the rapid changes in market activity, which in my opinion sometime require human judgement when making a trading decision. Also there is a lot of junk out there hyping EAs only to lure the unsuspecting newbies into a scam.

Some-one doesn’t have a trading plan and relies to heavily on discretion. Rapid changes in market activity, man what a load. Same market toady as it was yesterday as it will be tomorrow. When it becomes volatile you simple don’t trade. Thats a rule not a discretionary choice. So you turn the bot off it is that simple. Most people don’t know how to do that but.

EA itself is not a reliable method to trade for long term, you can enjoy it for some days or weeks but using it consistently over a period of some years is not possible. This is why most traders don’t believe in EAs.

that’s only happen when we dont own those ea :). how bout there’s a few expert traders who keep using his own ea, which constantly develop the ea core system based his own trading method.
it’s bit silly I think but I intend to had one, there’s no way I could keep with manual trade all the time, we do all need to put more time with something else , like family matter for example :).

This is another scenario, if a trader can develop his own EA then that should give him different results rather than buying any EA from internet.