WoW ! Oh My God ! Guys take a look at this indicator!

I hope the indi that you attached here, was the last version of xpMA.mq4 :smiley:
Thx for the shareā€¦
I will try itā€¦

Does it work? I tried the EA and it made no trades so I stopped using it.

Thanks for using my Expert Advisor.

It sounds similar to the new indicators in MT5, namely:

1. The DEMA (Double Exponential Moving Average) - calculated by using (2 * n-day EMA) - (n-day EMA of EMA)
  2. The TEMA (Triple Exponential Moving Average)

This is a very old indicator that is ok, but not good on itā€™s own, since it lags.

I know this is an old thread but came across it when searching for something, but I am always amazed that people hightlight the fact that an indicator ā€œlagsā€ and thus is not good.

The thing I think people forget is that if it lags than means it does get you into a trade late but also it keeps you in a trade longer.

Further, I would be interested in seeing any other kind of indicator other than lagging ones. Even they way most people use non-indicator based trading methods they ā€œlagā€.

You very rarely see anyone trading fibs trading systems (as an example) successfully placing orders in advance and just leaving them. They usually have to wait and watch price behaviour around those levels.

So is it not the same that some indicators are just reflecting this waiting period.

Respect to the coder for making it, since he is a great coder, but Iā€™m sure even he knows the ma cross doesnā€™t work.

on the 30mins and 1hr tf,this indicator helps me bank at least 30 pips a day on the eurusd and gbpusd (dont be greedy if u must use this indicator)

Not good indecater

do you mean the calculation is wrong or that you donā€™t know how to use it or what it tells you about price?
This indicator like almost all others performs some math on some data, usually past price levels. Then its displayed in a visual graphical format. If you cant figure out what to do with that information it doesnā€™t mean the indicator is bad.