Vantage FX Chart of the Day

[B]Chart of the Day:[/B]
We continue our Aussie dollar theme with a look at the EUR/AUD cross in today’s chart of the day.

[B]EUR/AUD Daily:[/B]

Do you see opportunity trading the Australian Dollar around the RBA?

Going to give some love to one of the lesser traded Commodities on the Vantage FX Market Watch: Palladium.

“Palladium is a chemical element with the symbol Pd and atomic number of 46. This metal was named after the asteroid Pallas, which was itself named after the epithet of the Greek goddess Athena.”

[B]XPD/USD Daily:[/B]

Do you see opportunity trading Palladium?

Damn. No bites in my search for a successful Palladium Trader. I guess we’ll have to leave the search running in the background and turn our attention to Gold. You have to fish where the fish swim after all!

[B]XAU/USD Daily:[/B]

Do you see opportunity trading Gold?

With Kuroda on the calendar today, we take a look at USD/JPY as today’s chart of the day.

[B]USD/JPY Daily:[/B]

Do you see opportunity trading USD/JPY?

A post-NFP look at one of the more important majors in today’s chart of the day.

[B]EUR/USD Daily:[/B]

Do you see opportunity trading EUR/USD?

With the US Dollar forging to new highs, we today take a look at where Cable sits to start the busy week.

[B]GBP/USD Daily:[/B]

Do you see opportunity trading Forex?

Let the bells ring out, the Swissy is once again ABOVE the SNB Floor Level!

[B]USD/CHF Daily:[/B]

Do you see opportunity trading USD/CHF?

A return to clean, clear charts for today’s chart of the day!

[B]AUD/USD Daily:[/B]

Do you see opportunity buying AUD/USD at these prices?

Further to yesterday’s AUD technical analysis post, we stick with the Aussie Dollar theme and today take a look at a couple of AUD/CAD charts.

[B]AUD/CAD Weekly:[/B]

Do you see the stops accumulating at the highs lasting?

Stock indices traders didn’t escape unscathed either, with the German DAX taking a heavy 3.6% hit.

[B]DAX30 4 Hourly:[/B]

Do you see opportunity in the ECB fallout?

Today’s chart of the day takes a follow up look at last Monday’s GBP/USD chart of the day in which we took a look at a clean bearish channel that price has been creeping down between over the past few months.

“I just can’t find a technical argument that would make me want to buy against the trend at a weak bearish channel bottom.”

Well we certainly found a reason didn’t we! Just a certain Italian named Mario Draghi.

[B]GBP/USD Daily:[/B]

Do you see opportunity trading these Cable parallels?

Lets take a closer look at the Oil chart.

[B]Oil Daily:[/B]

Do you see opportunity trading Oil?

If you’ve been following the Vantage FX blog, then you will have seen the AUD/JPY chart of the day that we featured a few weeks ago.

“Zooming out to the daily and we can see that price smashed through the 100 SMA that we were watching last week, and looks like it is reaching for channel resistance. I have re-drawn the horizontal support/resistance line to take in the spikes and we now have a nice confluence of possible resistance from which to take trades from.”

[B]AUD/JPY Daily:[/B]

Do you see opportunity trading AUD/JPY?

With the SP500 falling off resistance, across the Atlantic the FTSE100 has seen similar weakness set in but a confluence of support has caught my eye.

[B]FTSE100 Daily:[/B]

Do you see opportunity trading the FTSE100?

Chart of the Day:
With last night’s other major piece of news being the interest rate decision out of Switzerland, the SNB left rates on hold and maintained the now hollow pledge of intervening when needed to possibly weaken a currency they still see as overvalued. Today’s chart of the day takes a deeper look at the Swissy.

USD/CHF 4 Hourly:

Do you see opportunity trading USD/CHF? Is there more than 50 pips in this bounce?

With the long USD trade obviously crowded and expectations way too focused on the Fed hiking in December rather than how hard each subsequent hike from them on will be, we have spoken about a USD squeeze being a possibility.

[B]USD/JPY 4 Hourly:[/B]

In which direction do you see the biggest Forex trading opportunity heading into the Fed decision?

I’ve read a few headlines and market notes highlighting last night’s bounce in the price of oil and whether this could signal some sort of bottom. Today’s chart of the day takes a look at a few charts and what market sentiment could mean for Commodity traders heading forward.

[B]OIL 4 Hourly:[/B]

With short oil an already very crowded trade, taking a contrarian view does have its merit, but calling lows off these charts isn’t something I’m jumping out of my skin to do. Do you see opportunity buying oil?

It seems crazy as the Fed is hiking rates, making the free money that has been fuelling the stock market bull run for so long now more expensive, but the SP500 weekly chart is screaming rally.

[B]SP500 Weekly:[/B]

Do you see opportunity trading stock market indices?

Where did the Oil has bottomed stories go? In Tuesday’s FOMC Lead Up blog, we featured Oil as our chart of the day, questioning the sensationalised headlines on the back of what the charts are actually telling us.

[B]OIL 4 Hourly:[/B]

Is the opportunity in trading forex or trading oil?

USD/CAD continues to be the best performing currency pair on the Vantage FX Market Watch, breaking decade old swing highs and refusing to let up.

[B]USD/CAD Daily:[/B]

With Canadian CPI numbers out tonight, do you see opportunity fading USD/CAD into resistance?