Vantage FX Chart of the Day

Chart of the Day:
We’ve been watching GBP drop, drop and then drop further… With some temporary relief in Cable that we’re all obviously watching, we today turn our attention to GBP/AUD.

GBP/AUD Daily:

Click here to view the Chart of the day analysis from Vantage FX news.

Sold off the bottom of the zone EXACTLY.

Thanks guys $$!

Chart of the Day:
Nikkei225 Weekly:

Click on chart to see a larger view.

I guess the major trend line support across Indices markets have survived another week.

Compare this Nikkei chart to the one in the technical analysis post and you can see how buyers stepped in as soon as price tested the support level.

As we see from the SP500 chart in Thursday’s stocks on the brink blog, the fact that the US tested its own support level almost to the pip was a huge reason that the Japanese market rebounded like it did.
For more Japanese Data please check out here

Chart of the Day:
It is the Kiwi where the most action could be reasonably expected, with economists expecting the RBNZ to hold, but another cut a huge possibility.

For more NZD Data check on our website

Chart of the Day:
Before we take a look at a current chart, lets take a step back in time to a blog post from October 2015 which also featured AUD/NZD as the chart of the day.

AUD/NZD isn’t a chart that I spend a lot of time focusing on, but I never wipe major levels (daily/weekly/monthly) from my charts, even if price has chopped through them one way or another. While flicking through my NZD watch list following this morning’s RBNZ decision, low and behold price is back testing one such major level.
AUD/NZD Daily:

FOR more about AUD/NZD dataclick on our website

Chart of the Day:
Further to the Bank of Japan decision today, lets take a look at USD/JPY chart.

USD/JPY 4 Hourly:

For more about Japanese Data click on our main webpage

Chart of the Day:
Following on from our indices analysis post in the Technical Analysis section of the Vantage FX News Centre, Friday’s BoJ move gave us an interesting technical point which we feature in today’s chart of the day.

The economics of negative interest rates and how the theory will actually transfer into the real world economy is something the jury is still out on, but the Japanese stock market liked the idea behind it anyway…

For more about Japan Data click on our website

Chart of the Day:
A few Aussie related charts here today as we head into this afternoon’s RBA decision.

AUD/JPY Daily:

After breaking a major weekly trend line last year, AUD/JPY has been consistently channelling down for a while now. As we spoke about back in December in our last AUD/JPY chart of the day price was at the top of this channel and it was make or break. Well here we are over a month later and the channel is still intact.
For more about Japan DataClick on our website.

Chart of the Day:
With the current market themes around Oil, stocks and the Japanese Yen, we can sometimes get bogged down looking at the same charts. The idea of the chart of the day section was to keep the blog fresh and highlight some new trading opportunities.

The currency cross of EUR/AUD is one pair that we don’t get a chance to feature all that often, with the last time the pair made our chart of the day being way back on Melbourne Cup Day in November 2015!
EUR/AUD Daily:

To see more correlations about EUR/AUD DATA check out our website to find out more.

Chart of the Day:
The fact that USD/CAD hasn’t managed any sort of a bounce throughout last week’s US GDP number highlights the short-term weakness in the pair. Of course I say short term as even a further 600 pip pull-back will still see the pair correct healthily to the weekly bullish trend line and still remain bullish overall.

To see more correlation about USD and CAD check out our website to see more information.

Chart of the Day:
Following the last Australian employment data release, we featured this AUD/USD 4 hour setup as our chart of the day, and follow up again today.

For contenxt, while price sits where it does on the weekly chart, my bias is still to the long side.

AUD/USD 4 Hour:

For more about thecorrelation about AUD and USD, check out our website.

Chart of the Day:
Yesterday before publishing the morning blog, we had a little motivational sharing spree on Twitter:

“The analyst who talks about his mistakes is the guy you want to listen to. Avoid the guy who doesn’t — his are much bigger.”

With today’s USD/CHF chart catching my eye in a morning scan of our MT4 platform, it wouldn’t be right if I didn’t bring back this technical analysis blog post: Swissy Back to Pre-SNB Floor Level.

Long USD/CHF was a sure thing!

Oh.
USD/CHF Daily:

For more information about USD and CHF data,check out our website.

Chart of the Day:
With today’s Australiana theme, we will also give the SPI200 Indices market some deserving attention.

SPI 200 Daily:

For more information aboutAustralian data,check out our website.

Chart of the Day:
With the above EUR/USD 15 minute chart, we have to take a step back to see where price sits on the higher time frame for some context.

EUR/USD Daily:

For more information about EUR/USD data,check out our website.

Chart of the Day:
OIL Daily:
Commodities chart, OIL Daily 160308

Oil has also rallied overnight, breaking through the $40 level for the first time in 2016. And what’s this? Finally some technical damage being inflicted to the upside on oil? Has the world gone crazy?!

I’ve spent a bit of time having a laugh at months of what were totally unwarranted Oil headlines on this blog and now that I feel they’re justified, I find it hilarious that I can’t find any!

Oh finance journalism, you’re so zany.

For more information about Oil price,check out our website.

Chart of the Day:
CHART UPDATE fromyesterday’s Extraordinary European Expectations blog:

For more information aboutOil Data,check out our website.

Chart of the Day:
Speaking of tonight’s ECB meeting, let’s have a look at some more charts. In Tuesday’s blog we looked at some of the Euro expectations that markets might have heading into the meeting, so keep this in mind while reading today’s post.

For more information about European Data,check out our website.

Chart of the Day:
DAX30 Daily:

After breaking major trend line support, the German DAX has come back to retest the underside of the level this time as resistance.

With a fundamental driver backing up the technicals on the charts, this level is well and truly in play heading forward from here.
For more information about German Data,check out our website.

Chart of the Day:
With the monetary policy statement and press conference out of Japan really kicking things off tomorrow during Asia, I wanted to take a deeper look at the USD/JPY bigger picture.

A couple of weeks ago in the headlines and correlations blog, we featured USD/JPY as our chart of the day. The angle of that post was comparing the pair with the S&P 500 but the technicals are the same.

For more information about USD data,check out our website.

Chart of the Day:
With the topical AUD/USD and USD/JPY charts used in yesterday’s Central Banks’ Right of Reply blog, we have to move to the crosses today to find our key levels.

In the technical context of the above commodity prices, taking a contrarian view on the Aussie up here wouldn’t be a terrible play.

For more information about AUD data,check out our website.