Honorary Member Q&A: Clint

Which reminds [I]me[/I] of a Newt Gingrich quote: “Any ad which quotes what I said on Sunday is a falsehood, and because—I have said publically that those words were inaccurate and unfortunate”

Thanks for all the good posts Clint!

mark twain i believe said that or at least that is who i’ve always attributed it to… but then again who knows

Nice post. I really enjoyed reading your post. I have noted down the compounding profits part as my target…1000% per year…haha :slight_smile: I will work hard for that…Thanks for your post and it motivates me…:slight_smile:

Excellent article.
Everything boils down to two things . Two C-s
Compounding
Consistency
A real hard part is a " trading method which has a high win-ratio " .That is the next to impossible part , to develop it.
Good trading
Dan

Nice insight with the compound interest thingy and the a lil over more than 24% increase monthly…I still got a lot to learn and do to get there.Nice interview all the same

Great to get a update on some friends from a few years back. Also glad to hear that Phil is still doing well, was just checking on his system from 09 and it seems to get a revival.
Yet, in the meantime I know it is not a system or holy grail that makes you money, it is you, experience, discipline that makes you the money. There is no short-cut to it for my opinion. :21:
You just have to be there, do it every day observe and adjust. Simple as that.
Of course it was fun using Phil’s system or Trevpicks0001 Win-Ratio system. Again, bottom line it was the learning curve that was needed.
See you around, from time to time. Oskar :21:

God bless you and your family!!! You have assisted my trading since I was a newborn trader. I am on my month old live account and I am profitable. Hope I am not just lucky. Every trade I implement everything I learned from the school and you. I owe yo my success.

You are da Best Man:35:

Clint seems like a good guy, always plenty to say, strong opinons, conservative, likes to trade the same pair as me during the same hours as me on the east coast (which is wierd) and not mention his posts have been a HUGE help to me.

kudos.

Clint hi!
I read with interest your interview. I understand that you’re a classic Forex scalper. Please tell me what the dealer (the marketplace, dealing center) you prefer to trade. Thank you.

Hi Clint,

I like your writings and expertise. I am quite new to Forex and I do not get something. Thought I ask you. I read the article from Piponomics about unemployment rate in Australia (Trading Guide: Australia’s Jobs Report | Forex Blog: Piponomics).

There are two figures in this article. On the first figure the unemployment rate is better then expected and the AUD/USD pair started to fall. In the second pair the unemployment rate is actually worse then it was thought and the rate of the AUD/USD still dropped dramatically. Can you please explain me how can it be that the unemployment rate had two different months two different reporting but the outcome was still the same?

The other question would be to this topic if you could say something about how long do the effects of an unemployment rate last? Are the rates usually back after a couple of days to their original value? Or does it take longer?

Not to this topic but if I am asking already then why not a third question:-) I read everywhere how important the different reports are on GDP, unemployment, inflation etc. However I do never see a source where I can get these kind of informations the most up-to-date. Do you have a favorite site where you gain your information? Or is there a speical radio that makes these broadcasts? I get the news way too slowly, when there are articles about the topic and then basically the time when I can react, everything is already over.

Thanks Clint for your great answer in advance,

ForExchange

Thanks.

You’re asking the wrong person. I am strictly a technical trader, and you are asking questions about fundamental trading.

Actually, to be more accurate, [I]all[/I] traders combine some mix of technical and fundamental analysis in their trading decisions. But, a [I]technical trader[/I] relies predominantly on technicals, and only watches fundamentals out of the corner of his eye. Let’s say that, for him, the mix is 90% technical, and 10% fundamental.

A [I]fundamental trader[/I], on the other hand, might use 90% fundamentals, and 10% technicals.

You should ask your fundamental questions on the [I]Fundamental-ville[/I] forum. The traders who hang out there know much more about that stuff than I do.

There are several forex calendars on the internet which list all of the reports you referred to. Babypips has a good one. My personal preference is the Forex Factory calendar. And there are others.

These calendars show you — days or even weeks in advance — every important [I]pre-scheduled[/I] economic report. Obviously, [I]un-scheduled[/I] news can happen at any time, without warning, and that’s a different matter altogether. But, for the pre-scheduled items, the calendars I mentioned give you not only the date and time of the report release, but also the numbers which market analysts are expecting, and the most recent previous numbers. Then, when the current numbers are released, the calendars are updated (always within minutes, and sometimes within seconds), so that you then have last month’s numbers, the numbers expected prior to release this month, and the actual numbers just released.

The only way to get faster information on these data releases is to subscribe (at considerable cost) to a news service like Bloomberg. For a newbie like yourself, just learning this business, that sort of expense would be a waste of money.

In fact, I think you should avoid spending money on [I]any[/I] sort of forex data feeds, software, or educational courses or materials. There is more of that stuff than you could ever digest, available for free on the internet.

In addition to the [I]Piponomics[/I] blog and the [I]Fundamental-ville[/I] forum here on Babypips, you might check out [I]DailyFX[/I], if you’re looking for commentary and analysis on forex fundamentals (and technicals). I keep an eye on that site to be alerted to things that might blindside my trades.

Lastly, there’s a wealth of information already archived on this forum, in the form of 7 or 8 years-worth of threads on every conceivable topic. Learn how to use the [I]Search[/I] feature on this forum. You can type individual key-words or phrases into the [I]Search[/I] box at the top of this page, click the [I]magnifying glass[/I] icon, and pull up tons of useful information. Basically, it works like any internet search engine (Bing, Google, etc.), except that it searches only this forum. The key to success is cleverly picking the key-words for your search. You should train yourself to become a search expert — it will aid your forex education, and save you from asking questions that have been asked and answered on this forum a dozen times already.

Welcome to the world of forex trading. And welcome to this forum.

2 Likes

Thanks Clint!

The answer was very useful and I wish you start soon a blog as well! It would be the perfect time!

Have a nice weekend

Amen on the compounding! My goal is 5% per month so my sights are a bit lower than most :wink:

You’re a wealth of information and an asset to the forum.

You are right Mr. John. Thank you so much

This is my first interview to read as a newcomer forex student. It’s really informative and well written!
I would like to thank both Clint and Ananais for this thread.

I can’t wait to dive further into the world of forex, I’ve already started on the preschool phase!

Kind Regards,

Hello! PipGypsy back for a School Re-do, its been a while but Im gonna make it this time! Very glad be here!

Hi Clint,

Thank you for that great insight into your trading day and trading philosophy. I’ve saved it to file.

The question that I’m going to ask may seem a bit bold, but if I don’t ask I’ll surely get no answer. Would you care to describe the kind of setup you look for in a trade, your technique for entry, and how you determine stop size and take-profit level(s)?

Handle the question as you see fit, and thanks for all your very helpful input over the two years I’ve been studying forex.

Norm

hiya Clint,

I love Clint Eastwood like you and you are one of my favorite FX-Men. Thanks for all of your contribution to my posts.

Best of luck for you
Campione_A00

God favor you and your family!!! You have helped my exchanging since I was an infant broker. I am on my month old live record and I am productive. Expectation I am not simply fortunate. Each exchange I execute all that I gained from the school and you. I owe yo my prosperity.