Honorary Member Q&A: bobmaninc

[B]bobmaninc[/B]

###1. Tell us little bit about yourself. Where are you from? What do you do full-time? What are your hobbies?

I grew up in Miami and now live in Jacksonville, FL. I was working full time overhauling jet engines but now I trade and do side jobs on peoples cars. My hobbies are reef tanks and cooking. I have been out of the reef tanks for a while but just set one up.

###2. When/why did you start trading forex? What resources did you use to learn how to trade (websites, books, apps, mentors, etc.)?

After moving to Jacksonville my buddy told me about BabyPips. I learned pretty much all I know from this site.

###3. What do your friends and family think about you trading currencies?

My friends are all behind me and push me. One of them turned me onto forex. As far as my family they are for it but at the same time give me that deer in the headlight stare when they ask what it is.

###4. What were your first strategies in forex trading? How are they different from your strategies today?

My first strategy was trading price action. Your basic S/R level candle formation and go from there. Then after going on Youtube, I tried everything out there. I could see it in a chart so I traded it. Needless to say the end results were not good. However I can now say it was a waste of time. I learned what didn’t work for me. I learned why (for the most part) they didn’t work but for every strategy I dumped I did pick up something good from it. Either it was not going to work (not a bad thing) or I gained just that one piece to look into.

After all of it the one thing I learned the best was finding S/R levels. I heard it from so many different angles I can’t even remember them all. But sure enough I can see them on the screen.

###5. Describe your current daily or weekly trading routine. What do you do before you trade?

Tricky question here. When I started trading I worked full time so could only trade after NY close (Asia session). I would get off work come home and take a nap. Then about 7pm (EST) I would get up and open my charts. I traded the AU pretty much all the time. So I either had a trade or I didn’t. Then I either would enter or go about cooking dinner or whatever else I was going to do till I had a trade or went to bed.

###6. What are some of your most unforgettable trades and trading moments?

Some of my most unforgettable trades are all posted on this site. Nikita’s thread has a couple and so does mine. The one that stick deeply in my mind are when things went wrong. Missed stops, typos, and risked too much, going long when I meant to go short. I don’t want to go into them but I will say pay attention to detail when placing orders.

###7. Forex trading is not an easy business. What motivates you to continue trading when in a trading slump?

When in a slump it’s simple. It’s my money and I want it back lol. In all seriousness what motivates me is money.

###8. Do you trade during the summer months? If you don’t, how do you usually spend your summers?

I trade when I have a trade.

###9. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the most important, how important is it to practice flexibility and adaptability in your trades?

If you can’t adapt then the market will eat you alive.

###10. Do you have any advice for trading newbies out there?

Yep stay with it. If you want this, you got to go get it. No one can hand it to you. If you want it as much as you want air then you will find a way.

I can relate to you, im an aircraft mechanic and really want it and still in infancy stages here, but some day with time I will be doing this and confidant about it.

Well good luck man! Motivation is all you need.

That’s right… Never give it up. Just go all the way for it :slight_smile:

Always nice to learn a little more about the person behind the moniker.

Longechoes, you are right i agree with you.