Stuff

See a spectacular supermoon Sunday night

[B]Article:[/B]
Night delight: ‘supermoon’ to grace Earth’s skies

[B]Excerpt:[/B]
"The largest, brightest full moon in nearly seven decades will be on display in the coming days, promising Earth-bound sky-watchers a celestial “supermoon” spectacle.

“The full moon will come nearer to Earth than at any time since 1948, astronomers said.”

Happy Thanksgiving, America.

As you gather with family and friends, honor the spirit of this day
by thanking God for the blessings of this great country.

The President of South Korea was impeached today.

[I]Washington Post[/I] article —

South Korea’s president was just impeached.
This is what it means and what comes next.

The only thing dumber than awarding the
Nobel Prize for Literature to Bob Dylan was
Bob Dylan not bothering to accept the prize.

Dylan notably absent as Nobel laureates accept prizes

Dylan declined to show up for the award ceremony citing “pre-existing commitments”.

Nobody in the news media covering this sideshow has any idea what was so important

that Dylan was unable to get his butt to Stockholm, dress appropriately, and show up.

Girl-Fight

Paige VanZant vs Michelle Waterson

UFC - strawweight division

8 pm, Saturday, December 17 - Fox television

Another good video — YouTube

I’ve always been fascinated by hyperinflation. It’s a morbid sort of fascination, like slowing down and staring at a really bad traffic accident. Some time ago, I discovered a table of hyperinflation episodes in the modern age, titled [I][B]The Hanke-Krus Hyperinflation Table[/B][/I]

So, naturally, I wanted to see the absolute highest rate of hyperinflation ever recorded.

Here it is —

In Hungary, in July 1946, the inflation rate hit 4.19 x 10^16 % [I]per month[/I]

That’s 41,900,000,000,000,000 % [I]per month[/I] (41.9 quadrillion percent [I]per month[/I])

The equivalent annual rate of inflation in that fateful month cannot even be calculated on a typical scientific calculator, because the result is beyond 10^99 (the limit on most calculators).

But, that equivalent annual rate would be meaningless, in any event – once hyperinflation reaches its climax, it cannot continue for even another month, let alone for a year. When the climax is reached, the currency collapses, potentially taking the government and the entire society with it.

At the height of the Hungarian hyperinflation, the DAILY rate of inflation was 207% —

— and prices were DOUBLING every 15 hours.

[U]December 9, 2016[/U]

[U]February 17, 2017[/U]

Samsung Group chief Jay Y. Lee was arrested yesterday.

[I]Reuters[/I] article —

Samsung chief Lee arrested as South Korean corruption probe deepens

[B]Vanda Dendrobium EV[/B]
electric hypercar

1,500 HP, 0-60 mph in 2.6 seconds, 250 mph top speed, price-tag not yet announced

Vanda Dendrobium Is Singapore’s EV Hypercar - 95 Octane

"My moral compass is in my vagina."
Kate Blanchett

Breitbart article

I wonder whether she keeps her phone in there, as well.

It is now [B]illegal[/B] for any North Korean man
to have the same haircut as Kim Jong-Un(stable).

Thank God. One of those damn haircuts is one too many!

I came across this short piece in the June 2017 issue of [I][B]Modern Trader[/B][/I] magazine –

This weekend’s Kentucky Derby (Saturday afternoon, U.S. central time) threatens to be a muddy mess,
so it’s debatable whether the horses are going to do much flying.

Bill Maher lives his life in the gutter.
Lately, he’s been licking the gutter.

From the Huffington Post - HuffPost

Bill Maher is taking some heat for an incest joke he made
about President Donald Trump and his daughter Ivanka.

Some took to Twitter to call out Maher.

Bill Maher knows a lot about incest.
His first experience with it was right after puberty.
And, this perversion has been a frequent habit of his, ever since.
Naturally, he just assumes that the rest of the world is as perverted as he is.

Surprise! Lockheed Martin’s “Expensive” F-35 Now Costs Less than a Boeing F/A-18

Article in The Motley Fool

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/surprise-lockheed-martins-expensive-f-35-now-costs-less-than-a-boeing-f-a-18/ar-BBEvX4t

Gorgeous photo of The Pillars of Creation from the Hubble Space Telescope

“The Eagle Nebula, also known as Messier 16 or M16, consists of a star cluster and many emission nebulae and dark nebulae, in the direction of the constellation Serpens the Serpent … visible at this time of year. It’s the location of several famous structures including the Pillars of Creation, whose photo you see above.”

Go to EarthSky for the rest of the article http://earthsky.org/clusters-nebulae-galaxies/the-awesome-beauty-of-m16-the-eagle-nebula

1 Like

Interesting (but useless) information —

The 7 largest stockpiles of gold in the world.

Chart: The Sovereign Investor Daily

Total depicted in the chart —

20,993.7 metric tons = 20,993,700 kilograms = 674,963,129 troy ounces

Worth: $874,752,215,000 — that is, $875 billion (rounded) — at today’s gold price

Conversion factors:

1 metric ton = 1,000 kilograms
1 kilogram = 32.1507466 troy ounces
current price of gold = $1,296 / troy ounce

1 Like

why gold stuck in there pissed off , what was reason

Daylight and darkness around the world at midnight GMT on
December 22, 2017, about 7½ hours after the winter solstice.

Sunrise on the winter solstice at Stonehenge.

1 Like

Man, boredom in the boardroom, necromancing again. Delete if you like Clint.

So, anything that breaks the sound barrier make a boom, or crack. The size of the object determines the intensity of the noise. For example, the tip of a Pidgin, or Dove wing make a distinct snapping sound when vigorously flapped, because the wing tips exceed the speed of sound. When you snap a wet towel, the tip is also exceeding the speed of sound. It is also why, in a Pennsylvania or Kentucky long rifle there is a distinct crack, as opposed to a musket that just goes boom, it is the ball leaving the muzzle at supersonic speeds.

Any suppressor cannot silence this issue, it will silence the muzzle blast, but if the round is moving FTS, it will still Crack, which is why the favorite weapon for up close Assassinations for years was a Suppressed .22 short hammerless revolver, wrapped in a towel, the revolver was used because there was no slide action, it is amazing how noisy a slide can be once the muzzle blast is suppressed, and the round is travelling subsonic.

Anyway, there is that, also the .458 SOCOM was specifically designed for suppressed applications, it is subsonic, and as such, very quiet, while delivering a large amount of energy. Great for dealing with nuisance hogs, because they will not scatter due to the noise.

As far as energy, Kinetic Energy = Half Mass X Velocity Squared, this is how and A1 Abrams can defeat Russian tanks with reactive armor, with either a Depleted Uranium, or Tungsten penetrator, with no explosive, just a sharpened rod with fins.

The Ever Wow Am I Bored VIPER

There’s a thread on this forum that needs one of these pacifiers.

2 Likes

Were, you guys are always in the know, were is said thread??

The Ever In The Dark Under The Log VIPER