Fearless Girl

“The girl is standing there, like this, in front of the bull,
saying, ‘Now, what are you going to do?’”

Copied and pasted from the June issue of [I]Modern Trader[/I] magazine.

What has the mayor of New York City and countless others up in arms? Fearless Girl.

The equal rights icon… the bank advertisement… has been standing in front of the iconic Wall Street bronze bull for a few weeks now, and the latter’s sculptor wants it gone – even though he put his statue in the middle of the street without a permit several decades ago.

The bull’s sculptor, Arturo Di Modic, says that the little girl’s statue changes the meaning of his artwork. The bull was there, and now she’s standing in front of it – fearlessly – and taking this bull on, which turns the bull from a symbol of the economic growth of the 1980s into an aggressor – and apparently – a symbol of today’s male-dominated Wall Street world.

Even though he’s right, remember, China is putting troops on the border of North Korea, and our military is training for an event where we have to disarm an erratic nuclear power.

But back to Fearless Girl.

New York Mayor Bill DeBlasio took a break from photo ops at local city diners, to tweet out that Fearless Girl is needed more than ever, and that the statue will remain until at least February 2018.

What happens if Di Modic gets frustrated and moves the bull? Without the bull standing in front of her, she’d just be “Girl Staring into Space Wondering How She’s Going to Get from Battery Park to the Upper East Side in 12 Minutes When the 4-5 is Delayed.”

thats plain stupid even to idealize , bull is gona hit her and she will be no more. That is definitely not the equality women want.

Looks like a lot of women, and girls, disagree with you.

BREAKING NEWS: The girl won.

Lol xd Very interesting article, and what intrigues me even more is where did the author get this idea, what do you think, what inspired him to do this?