Favorite Mystery Book or Writer (fiction)

ForexGump is in need of a good mystery! Any recommendation on titles or even just authors? I must say, I’m a Dan Brown fan, but there aren’t any more books to read! Yikes!

Wilbur Smith

John Grisham

Dennis Wheatley

Agatha Christie

Not a mystery book at all, but I have to mention it anyway. It’s the book that has had the most impact on me. I’m sure we all have one such special book, tv series etc.

It’s a science fiction book written ages ago by Frank Herbert: Dune. I read it the first time when I was twelve but don’t mistake it for a youth adventure, it’s a masterpiece for adults.

It’s not space planes and laser swords like much scifi crap is. It’s take your breath away descriptions of a desert planet, it’s eco system, it’s indigenous people, the struggle between two powerful rivals to control the unique planet’s resources and most of all, it’s a study in the human mind and the whole spectrum of greatness and evil it is capable of.

Let me just say: Mentats!

If you’re just gonna read one scifi in your life, try this one and don’t forget that there are several sequels… :slight_smile: