"Quotes" worth quoting

[B]“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.”[/B] — Albert Einstein

Another good Einstein quote…

[I]“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”[/I]

This is one that I like

“Only when we have caught the last fish, cut down the last tree and poisoned the last river will we realise, that we can’t eat money”

Not entirely who the source was, I found it in a Trade Aid store :stuck_out_tongue:

[B]“There is no such thing as a little freedom. Either you are all free, or you are not free.”[/B] — Walter Cronkite (1916-2009)

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars. --Les Brown
:stuck_out_tongue:

dream big… aim higher :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

wow…I could list a million…

the one that got me into fx…

[I]In the middle of difficulty there is always opportunity. [/I]

a few others that I apply to my journey into the fx world…some of these came from the bp gutter I’m sure.

[I]"It’s the constant and determined effort that breaks down all resistance, sweeps away all obstacles."
Claude Bristol[/I]

[I]"All things are difficult before they are easy."
Thomas Fuller[/I]

[I]"Continuous effort, not strength or intelligence, is the key to unlocking our potential."
Liane Cordes

"Mistakes are the usual bridge between inexperience and wisdom."
Phyllis Theroux

"Failure is a part of success. There is no such thing as a bed of roses all your life. But failure will never stand in the way of success if you learn from it."
Hank Aaron

Rita Mae Brown - “Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment.”[/I]
[I]
Samuel Smiles - “The shortest way to do many things is to do only one thing at once.”

KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE are the handmaidens of the riches of forex, and i buy them roses every day, with many a thank you ! Mike Parker
[/I]
and one from my favorite quote person of all time

[I]The sensitivity of men to small matters, and their indifference to great ones, indicates a strange inversion.
Blaise Pascal
[/I]
and the man with a million funny verbal slips…

[I]I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have was that I didn’t study Latin harder in school so I could converse with those people.
Dan Quayle

One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice-president, and that one word is ‘to be prepared’.
Dan Quayle[/I]

Today is the 40th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing, when Neil Armstrong became the first man to set foot on the moon. Later he would say:

[B]“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn’t feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.”[/B]

Seven months earlier, on Christmas Eve 1968, Astronaut William Anders had taken the iconic photo “Earthrise” from the window of the Apollo 8 Command Module, in orbit around the moon. That photo shows the Earth as Neil Armstrong would later see it.
To view the photo, click this link: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a8/NASA-Apollo8-Dec24-Earthrise.jpg

Clint…since you have switched your avatar I feel as if I don’t know you. :eek:

It’s kind of weird how you associate people with their avatars so much.

and for a quote…

“When I eventually met Mrs. Right I had no idea that her first name was Always.”

[B]Hi, sandpipper[/B]

I know what you mean about avatars. I especially like Phil’s avatar. If I ever find out that he doesn’t look exactly like his avatar,
I will be really disappointed.

Your quote reminded me of this one:

[B]“A friend of mine spent twenty years looking for the perfect woman;
unfortunately, when he found her, he discovered that she was looking for the perfect man.”[/B] — Warren Buffett

[B]“Imagine a world in which every single person on the planet is given free access to the sum of all human knowledge.”[/B]

— Jimmy Wales, Founder of Wikipedia

"Learn one thing about every thing, and learn every thing about one thing"
My Dad

1 Like

[B]“Of the seven deadly sins, envy is the silliest, because if you have it, you don’t feel better. You feel worse.
I’ve had some good times with gluttony… We won’t get into lust.”[/B] — Warren Buffett

If I had a time machine and the choice between going back to see Jesus, or to see the founding fathers of the US, my choice would be easy.
Only at few times down through history have so many great minds existed at the same time and in the same place.

“The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.”
- [B]Thomas Jefferson[/B]

I liked, “The Jefferson’s”, great comedy! (Just kidding, it is a pun on the amount of tv that the average person watches!)

“No matter where i go, there i am.” :o

[B]“Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart;
and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains.”[/B]

• Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Not sure who the created this one, but this is a what I pray to myself every morning.

“Today is a brand new day. I have been given this day to use as I will. I can waste it or use it for good. What I do today is important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; and in its place is something that I have left behind… let it be something good.” - Author Unknown

“The only thing more stupid than being stupid is not knowing that you’re stupid, Stupid.” - mastergunner99

Very nice quote.

The greatest test of courage on the earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.

“I’ve always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come. I don’t do things half-heartedly. Because I know if I do, then I can expect half-hearted results.”

Michael Jordan :smiley:

1 Like