Beer

Are Americans drinking 30%, or 40%, or 50% less beer than a decade ago? Not very damn likely!

But, their tastes are shifting in a major way. Sales have been declining for many mass-produced American brands, in favor of imported beers and craft beers. Here are the 8 biggest losers (according to 24/7 Wall St.):

Budweiser

Milwaukee’s Best Light

Miller Genuine Draft

Old Milwaukee

Milwaukee’s Best

Bud Select

Michelob Light

Michelob

Here’s the rest of the story — The Eight Beers Americans No Longer Drink - 24/7 Wall St.

On one of the blogs, a poster who calls himself “Raised by Wolves” had the best comment I’ve seen:

“Why drink yellow snow, when you can have a Sam Adams?”

A man after my own heart. I’ll have another Boston Lager, please.

“When you say Butt-Wiper, you’ve said it all.”

Thank god.

8 beers I can do without. It leaves room on the shelves for better stuff.

Like Dogfish Head, or Ballast Point, or Rogue…

Sam Adams will do in a pinch though:D

On tap tonight, Rogue Captain Sig’s Northwestern Ale.

1 Like

That’s because America beers are wuss beers. Why is lite beer like having sex in a boat? Because its fcking close to water! LOL

give me a guinness any day!

1 Like

Correction.

American BIG BREWERY beers are wuss.

The craft brewery market just slays these days.

So many stellar American brews available, that are pushing the boundaries of taste, and style.

It’s an awesome time.

I do like Guiness though:D

I’ll agree with that.

I tried making a few batches of beer myself. It was ok, certainly better than the yellow pee beers, but it wasn’t good enough. Maybe I’ll try again one of these days. I wouldn’t mind brewing some mead too.

There is a very good English/Irish “soup”, which is called red beer. They have it at Wal Mart in tx, but I don’t know where else. Plus there is a very good German beer, called Kristallweizen (very hard to get in the US and even sometimes in Germany). All what is left is for the crowd who doesn’t know what beer is, but calls it beer, lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well okay, some Mexican beer is also very good. :slight_smile:

1 Like

red beer? I’ll have to look in the local Wal Mart. If RCarter was here he would recommend ESB. I’ve been to Octoberfest and had some good German beers but I can’t remember the names

It tastes really good. Look at the section where they have this foreign beer. It’s from the UK. Looks red. In tx they have two or three brands. Could be that the bottle is changing the color, though. Unfortunately I don’t remember the name. Sry for that! Albeit it’s not cheap. 8 til 12 bucks for 6 small bottles I guess.

Guiness is too sweet for my taste. I drink it, but not very often. Maybe once or twice in ten years, lol.

“ESB”? Sounds like a name for poison, lol. Don’t ever ask anybody from the UK what tastes good, lol! Just kidding, but if you look at the typical breakfast from UK: :26: :smiley: I do rather like steak and potatoes from tx. :13:

ESB.

Extra Special/Strong Bitter.

There was an article in the paper not too long ago about how Cleveland’s (the **** hole I am from) google searches reflected a higher interest not only in beer relation to wine, but they also found out, that Cleveland prefers craft beers.

I bartend downtown on the side, and I can see so many choices for craft beers I don’t know where to begin.

My favorite is Xmas Ale by Great Lakes Brewery, drop a shot of half baileys and half crown and down it (called a ‘Xmas Storie’) your on your way to paradise;-)

On the future side, I hope to have this same conversation about White Widow compared to Northern Lights:D

I think all beer tastes like crap. Hard liquor, baby!

Finally a subject worth reading. Dont get me wrong I do like a draft bud with my hot wings but for the most part this tasteless club soda we try to sell as beer here in the states is mostly crap. I will take a good guiness anyday.

I agree, the occasional bud or miller is great watching the football game and eating tortilla chips but I’d prefer darker beers such as Shiner Bock or Killians.

I like a nice ale myself, Jennings or the Ulverston Brewing Company if I’m out.

I prefer The Stella Artois

Hobgoblin from the UK by far my favoirte beer on earth. If i could only choose one beer for the rest of my life. It would be that one. Honestly AMAZING!!

That one?

Looks also like those nice tasting red beers. :5:

Cheers!

I have to admit, I’ve never tried PUMPKIN BEER

Five Fantastic Fall Beers

Edit: Well, that link is shot. It was an msnbc article. NBC is so screwed up, they can’t even maintain a proper archive.

Seinfeld: Stella…Stella!!! - YouTube

https://youtu.be/qVrU0JNAgqI

I like Canadian beer…made from Canada.

I have some German chocolate beer that I won in an Oktoberfest beer pong game a couple years back…really! I keep waiting for Easter to drink it, but then I forget, and I still have it…lol …I wonder if it improves with age or not…hmmm.