Political Opinion

Hillary Clinton won the popular vote with a margin of 2.8 million votes,
if you count the 3 million votes cast by illegal aliens.

ARTICLE

(which conveniently neglects to mention the illegal votes)

The Islamo-Fascist Caliphate
claims responsibility for the terrorist attack in Berlin

AP Article

Your “god” must be so proud of you sub-humans.
Ollie Ollie Akbar

How did the United States come to be the world’s policeman?

Why is the United States responsible for the security of Europe and Japan?

Why do Europe and Japan and several other “dependents” of the United States
refuse to shoulder the lion’s share of the cost of their own defense?

Now that we have essentially mortgaged the future of our children and grandchildren
well into the next century, by paying far more than our fair share of the cost of maintaining world peace,
how can we shift the burden onto those countries that we have been defending for seventy years?

These questions are addressed in the following video, [I][B]American Umpire,[/B][/I]
which is a co-production of Shell Studios in La Mesa California, and WETA in Washington, D.C.,
and is based on the book [I]American Umpire[/I] by Texas A & M history professor Elizabeth Cobbs.

The Islamo-Fascist Caliphate
claims responsibility for the terrorist attack in Istanbul, Turkey

[U]AP Article[/U] —

IS makes unusual claim of responsibility for Turkey attack

[U]Excerpt[/U] —

ISTANBUL (AP) — The Islamic State group on Monday made an unusual claim of responsibility for a major terrorist attack in Turkey, saying a “soldier of the caliphate” carried out the mass shooting at an Istanbul nightclub that killed 39 people as they welcomed the new year…

In its claim, IS said the nightclub attack was aimed at Christians celebrating a pagan holiday, suggesting a symbolic choice of target that can be justified to radical Sunni Muslim supporters as punishment of sinners. But in reality, many of the victims hailed from majority-Muslim nations in the Middle East.

…The President-Elect …

… and the President-Reject…

The power-dynamic in this meeting was obvious — Obama could not even make eye-contact.

Maybe a little unfair - the above still was at 2.25mins - full eye contact made between both men at 2.23 and 2.24 mins when they shook hands.

[I]"This was a meeting that was going to last for maybe 10 or 15 mins, and we were just going to get to know each other, we had never met each other.

I have great respect, the meeting lasted for almost an hour and a half. and it could have, as far as I’m concerned, it could have gone on for a lot longer. We discussed a lot of situations, some wonderful and some difficulties.

I very much look forward to dealing with the President in the future, including counsel."[/I]

Quote from President-elect Trump following that meeting.

So, just have watched all the Washington stuff, takes me back awhile, I remember well those words of “America great again”.

Ronald Reagan remains a happy memory, one of the good guys in a ever shrinking good guy world, he set out to make a difference - and that he did.

This side of the Atlantic there was some media hype regarding ‘B’ movies, but mostly it was disregarded, Reagan was seen as a Statesman, a force for what is right.

A US/UK relationship was re-born that was reminiscent of FDR and Churchill.

Sunday past I visited RAF Greencastle, immediately upon construction in 1942 it was handed over to USAAF and renamed AAFStn237 ( Americans liked to use numbers instead of names), I gazed at the broken concrete now used by local farmers for wall boundaries, I remembered how my Mother spoke of Eisenhower and his visit in 1944, her stories of those ‘Yanks’ and their antics, I could see the grass grow over what remains of the runways, and marvel how the Nazis never found it.

Then tonight I watch ITN, a major UK news channel - the focus shook me some - his twitter was ‘America First’. ‘Protectionism’. ‘Borders’. The day internationalism died. Europe be warned - the 1930’s are back"

He was reporting from Moscow on prime time here, how it is that the Russians are rejoicing, the likely break up of NATO and the EU.

Then I recall an old saying, well worth remembering in the Kremlin - be careful in what you wish for.

All blessings to the new President and America.

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your good wishes for America and our new president.

As for Russia, I think the Russians are engaging in wishful thinking, without knowing how the US/Russian relationship is going to evolve. They certainly don’t have any special, inside information on some secret alliance or partnership that Trump is plotting behind the scenes.

Your ITN reporter’s alarmist view that somehow Trump’s abandonment of “internationalism” will throw Europe back into the 1930’s is wildly overstated.

America has some housekeeping chores to do, here at home, and that’s the essence of “America First”, and “Make America Great Again”. These are more than just slogans, in my view — they are the names that our new president has given to action-plans for accomplishing those housekeeping chores. But, those action-plans should not be viewed as threats by the rest of the world (except, of course, for ISIS and North Korea!).

Regarding America’s “special relationship” with Britain, you’ll be pleased to know that Obama is out of the White House, and the bust of Sir Winston Churchill is back in the White House, where it belongs — one of President Trump’s first acts as president.

If you enjoy the “pomp and circumstance” of inaugurations, coronations, and such, I think you’ll enjoy SOME PICTURES of yesterday’s festivities in a rainy Washington, D.C. (with London weather to further emphasize the “special relationship”!).

Trump has a management style, and a public persona, that we haven’t seen in a president. Some find his style off-putting. I think, in time, you’ll be impressed with what he can accomplish.

Cheers. Have a great weekend. For American conservatives, our weekend is already great!

On Thursday evening, Piers Morgan (who has been a friend of Trump’s for a decade, and really knows him pretty well), was on the panel of the BBC’s [I]Question Time[/I] (its flagship political discussion show), and made at some length the point that whereas Trump has sometimes “run off at the mouth”, to some extent, especially during the campaigning, he also has clear objectives which he’s stated very consistently and repeatedly, and that if people give him some time and then assess him by what he actually [I]does[/I] as President, rather than by some of the things he’s said in the past (and the ways he’s said them), they may well be pleasantly surprised.

It’s certainly my impression that Piers Morgan wouldn’t have disagreed with a word Clint says, just above.

We live in a media world, thus I mentioned ITN, and I see Lexy mention P Morgan, a very media aware gentleman, and former newspaper editor.

Likewise, I sense that Mr Trump is media aware, I’ve seen his excellent TV ads back some years where the use of technology was striking, I figure that his many words, spoken and tweeted are measured.

I mentioned Ronald Reagan really because each time that “America great” was used I remembered Mr Reagan’s use of those words in the 1980 campaign, I knew back then that he meant it, and in my view he delivered.

Many others have used those words since, it seems the President has registered the slogan with the trademark office, which is smart, it’s a media world.

What is more important is that he has also registered “[B]keep[/B] America great”.

Clint, I’m Irish, not British, so not really into the pomp stuff, although we do go sort of go green around mid March :slight_smile:

Funny video about Donald Trump:

[B]Note[/B]: I’m neither pro or against Donald Trump.

Great video! The best video on the internet. Nobody makes better videos.

And Mexico paid for this video. You are going to love it. It’s true.

Note: I’m pro-Trump. Great president. The best president we’ve ever had. You are going to love Trump.

And Mexico is going to pay through the nose. It’s true.

The no-fly decree has been ridiculed by some world politicians and groups - not a major surprise in itself.

What is surprising, the law of unintended consequence, is the possible effect on the US tech industry.

A company like Google or Microsoft, their wealth creating assets is not found in commodities, their main source of wealth, their means to compete with their international competitors lies in the brain-power of their employees.

Problem for the US up ahead is that often tech knowledge knows little of political geography, thus the reaction from some US tech companies.

Good news for other countries who have been trying, with an increasing degree of success, to attract those very same companies, also good news for other Tech companies domiciled outside US and have been actively head hunting.

Will be interesting to see if investors are bothered, Nasdaq will give some clues to that.

RBS have said to sell everything, “In a crowded hall, exit doors are small.”, not a reference to current politics since they issued that note back on Jan 11, more to do with China.

Four hours from now, at 8 pm eastern time (0100 GMT), Trump will announce his nominee to fill the Supreme Court vacancy created last summer by the untimely death of Justice Antonin Scalia (who was a rock-ribbed conservative).

Trump’s nominee will be equally rock-ribbed, and the [I]libtards[/I] are going to have another hissy-fit.

Expect demonstrations — maybe riots — all over the place. It’s going to be fun to watch.

Next, the Democrats in the Senate will attempt to block Trump’s nominee by insisting on confirmation by a filibuster-proof vote of 60-40, or better.

At that point, the Republican-controlled Senate will initiate THE NUCLEAR OPTION — which simply means dispensing with the (currently) required 60-vote majority, and returning to a simple 51-vote majority.

Then, the [I]libtards’[/I] heads will explode, and all hell will break loose. Fasten your seat-belt.

THIS SORT OF CRAP is exactly what’s wrong with public “education”.

That happened in Australia.

But, the nannies who run the unionized public schools in the U.S. are just as bad, or worse.

Remember THIS FOOLISHNESS ?

If [I][B]the chocolate cake scandal[/B][/I] had erupted over [I]my[/I] child’s lunch, the school would have gotten a reply to their snarky note, as follows:

Parent to Nanny School System:

I’m in charge of feeding my child.
You need to butt out.

Thank God for Trump’s nomination, and the Senate’s confirmation, of Education Secretary Betsy DeVos.

Mrs. DeVos advocates [I]school choice[/I] – letting parents opt out of the unionized public school system, in favor of charter schools or private schools [I]that actually teach.[/I]

Mrs. DeVos will be the Secretary of Education, [I]not the Secretary of the Teachers’ Union.[/I]

I hadn’t seen either … these are absolutely appalling stories! :o :23:

We have what I think is a similar thing, over here, now: groups of concerned parents can set up their own little schools (I can’t remember what they’re called, now) that actually teach, and can qualify for some of the local education grants, and so on. I understand some of them are doing rather well (not too difficult, I think, compared with the state system). :cool:

This is a positive read, many subjects covered.

For currency traders maybe scroll down to the bottom, there is little doubt that the president wants a lower USD, something tells me that he often achieves what he sets out to do.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/02/10/remarks-president-trump-and-prime-minister-abe-japan-joint-press

Few good options in Trump arsenal to counter defiant North Korea

Excerpt:

"The Trump administration had been expecting a North Korean “provocation” and will consider a full range of options in response, but they would be calibrated to show U.S. resolve while avoiding escalation, the U.S. official said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

“The stakes would be higher, however, if nuclear-capable North Korea makes good on its threat to test an ICBM of a kind that could someday hit the United States, analysts said.”

Yo, Fat-Face

Listen up —

If you keep screwing around with your stupid kimchi missiles,
you’re going to get your little rats-ass country melted down and vaporized.

CNN (Cable News Network) will officially change its name
to FNN (Fake News Network) on Saturday, April 1, 2017.*

After the humiliating news that Venezuela has kicked CNN out of the country for propagating fake news, the network – which now has only 129 viewers worldwide** – is facing an existential threat (for you newbies, that means a threat to its very existence).

Here’s an article from ZeroHedge –

Maduro Kicks CNN Out Of Venezuela, Accuses It Of Spreading Fake News

• not really – I just made that up, in keeping with the fake news theme

** ditto

Wonder is he acting in his capacity of “geopolitical observor” ?

Venezuela’s Maduro: If U.S. Elections ‘Were Free,’ Bernie Sanders Would Win