Political Opinion

I hadn’t seen either … these are absolutely appalling stories! :o :23:

We have what I think is a similar thing, over here, now: groups of concerned parents can set up their own little schools (I can’t remember what they’re called, now) that actually teach, and can qualify for some of the local education grants, and so on. I understand some of them are doing rather well (not too difficult, I think, compared with the state system). :cool:

This is a positive read, many subjects covered.

For currency traders maybe scroll down to the bottom, there is little doubt that the president wants a lower USD, something tells me that he often achieves what he sets out to do.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/02/10/remarks-president-trump-and-prime-minister-abe-japan-joint-press

Few good options in Trump arsenal to counter defiant North Korea

Excerpt:

"The Trump administration had been expecting a North Korean “provocation” and will consider a full range of options in response, but they would be calibrated to show U.S. resolve while avoiding escalation, the U.S. official said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

“The stakes would be higher, however, if nuclear-capable North Korea makes good on its threat to test an ICBM of a kind that could someday hit the United States, analysts said.”

Yo, Fat-Face

Listen up —

If you keep screwing around with your stupid kimchi missiles,
you’re going to get your little rats-ass country melted down and vaporized.

CNN (Cable News Network) will officially change its name
to FNN (Fake News Network) on Saturday, April 1, 2017.*

After the humiliating news that Venezuela has kicked CNN out of the country for propagating fake news, the network – which now has only 129 viewers worldwide** – is facing an existential threat (for you newbies, that means a threat to its very existence).

Here’s an article from ZeroHedge –

Maduro Kicks CNN Out Of Venezuela, Accuses It Of Spreading Fake News

• not really – I just made that up, in keeping with the fake news theme

** ditto

Wonder is he acting in his capacity of “geopolitical observor” ?

Venezuela’s Maduro: If U.S. Elections ‘Were Free,’ Bernie Sanders Would Win

Think I’ll quit the political theme until things settle, currently have a son in Sweden, heading to Nice myself in a couple of weeks, have been there many times, tonight I heard this baloney.

Short and simple, it’s called scaremongering.

President Donald Trump Says, ‘Look What’s Happening In Sweden.’ Sweden Asks, ‘Wait, What?’ : The Two-Way : NPR

California Governor Jerry Brown delivers a threat to President Trump

Gov. Jerry Brown to Trump: ‘You Don’t Want to Mess with California’

How Jerry Brown became Governor Moonbeam — NY Times

Decided not to leave the month of March without a comment.

This is unique, different, I’d say in a long time since a politician has spoken so from his heart.

Maybe I’m biased, but there is something very special in this man.

Your evaluation of Vice President Mike Pence is spot-on, in my opinion. He is what conservative Americans wish all our politicians could be.

Pence and Trump are aligned on one key issue: The abomination that is [I]Obama-ism[/I] must be torn out by the roots, and destroyed. Beyond that, Pence and Trump could not be more different.

Trump is a disrupter, a bomb-thrower, a bully, a kick-ass autocrat, determined to win at any cost. He pays no attention to ideology, and he doesn’t give a rip what anyone thinks of him or his agenda. Trump expects God to respect him, to side with him, and to help him succeed.

Pence is a statesman and a diplomat. He is grounded in Christian conservative ideology, and that ideology animates everything he does, everything he says, and everything he stands for. He submits to God’s will, as he understands it, and he prays that God will lead and guide this nation.

We need both of these men, at this critical time in our history.

We need [I]Trump, the destroyer,[/I] to tear down the monstrous bureaucracy that Obama and the democrats created. And we need [I]Trump, the builder[/I], to replace all of that with a new government structure which frees American citizens and American enterprises to be all that they can be.

And we need Pence to succeed Trump as President of the United States of America. We need Pence to complete, and finish, and refine the structure erected by Trump, so that the federal government once again will be [I]of, and by, and for the people.[/I]

God willing, the destruction phase will be completed during Trump’s first term; the framework for a new federal government will be erected in Trump’s second term; and the structure will be completed and perfected in Pence’s term as president.

As you have astutely observed, there is something very special about this man, Mike Pence.

1 Like

Do not mess with values that we hold dear.

Syria war: US warns of ‘more’ after missile strikes - BBC News

Obama endorses Macron in French election, taking a side in Europe again.

Washington Post article and video

Does anyone actually believe that the French people
are [I]incapable[/I] of deciding for themselves whether
(1) to reclaim their national sovereignty, or
(2) continue their membership in the EU
[I]without the expert guidance[/I] of the world’s smartest man,
[I]Nobel Peace Prize Winner[/I] Barack Hussein Obama, Peace Be Upon Him?

In early 2016, when Obama attempted to sway the Brexit vote in the U.K.,
the British people rejected Obama and his advice.

In late 2016, when Obama attempted to sway the presidential election in the U.S.,
the American people rejected Obama and his advice.

And now, in 2017, when Obama is attempting to sway the presidential election in France,
the French people should reject Obama and his advice.

Hmmm… talk about Obama meddling in Europe.

Went past this place today, it used to be only a tiny village with green fields and sheep grazing.

Then a certain US President came calling, now an entire visitor area is doing a roaring trade.

It’s a small world :slight_smile:

Homepage - Welcome to the Obama Plaza

A majority of French voters have voted for open borders. They deserve what’s coming.

The rest of France deserves better.

If the majority of French voters think that radical islamists will now be placated by the open-borders stance of the Macron government, those voters are sadly mistaken.

Radical islamists do not assimilate, because they have no desire to assimilate. What they desire is the total destruction of western culture. Now that their beachhead inside France has been strengthened, the destruction of France from the inside will continue.

Brace yourself for more terror in France.

1 Like

are those your words and thoughts or a quote you found somewhere?

My own words. Every one of them.

So… it’s OK for Obama to influence elections in France, Israel, or Kenya, or anywhere else in the world, but, let Putin even attempt to influence the American elections (even if didn’t) and the left does their best to destroy, not Putin, but our legitimately elected President, Donald J Trump. Does not compute.

July 4, 2017

Happy Independence Day, America!

1 Like

The Democrat Party and the Democrat National Committee
are at the center of the swamp that Trump wants to drain.

The story of Imran Awan illustrates the corruption of the Washington Establishment in general, and the Democrat Party in particular. The mainstream media should be focused on this story, rather than on their fabricated “Russian collusion” fiction.

This opinion-piece appeared in The Wall Street Journal, and was then reprinted on MSN.com.

The Scandal That Matters

The Wall Street Journal
KIMBERLEY A. STRASSEL

Imran Awan was arrested at Dulles International Airport July 24, while attempting to board a flight to Pakistan. For more than a decade the congressional staffer had worked under top House Democrats, and he had just been accused by the FBI of bank fraud.

It was a dramatic moment in a saga that started in February, when Capitol Police confirmed an investigation into Mr. Awan and his family on separate accusations of government theft. The details are tantalizing: The family all worked for top Democrats, were paid huge sums, and had access to sensitive congressional data, even while having ties to Pakistan.

The media largely has ignored the affair, the ho-hum coverage summed up by a New York Times piece suggesting it may be nothing more than an “overblown Washington story, typical of midsummer.” But even without evidence of espionage or blackmail, this ought to be an enormous scandal.

Because based on what we already know, the Awan story is—at the very least—a tale of massive government incompetence that seemingly allowed a family of accused swindlers to bilk federal taxpayers out of millions and even put national secrets at risk. In a more accountable world, House Democrats would be forced to step down.

Mr. Awan, 37, began working for House Democrats as an IT staffer in 2004. By the next year, he was working for future Democratic National Committee head Debbie Wasserman Schultz. Over time he would add his wife, two brothers, a brother’s wife and a friend to the payroll—and at handsome sums. One brother, Jamal, hired in 2014 reportedly at age 20, was paid $160,000. That’s in line with what a chief of staff makes—about four times the average Capitol Hill staffer. No Democrat appears to have investigated these huge numbers or been asked to account for them.

According to an analysis by the Daily Caller’s Luke Rosiak, who has owned this story, the family has collected $5 million since 2003 and “appeared at one time or another on an estimated 80 House Democrats’ payrolls.” Yet Mr. Rosiak interviewed House staffers who claim most of the family were “ghost” employees and didn’t come to work. Only in government does nobody notice when staffers fail to show up.

The family was plenty busy elsewhere. A litany of court documents accuse them of bankruptcy fraud, life-insurance fraud, tax fraud and extortion. Abid Awan, a brother, ran up more than $1 million in debts on a failed car dealership he somehow operated while supposedly working full time on the Hill. One document ties the family to a loan from a man stripped of his Maryland medical license after false billing. Capitol Police are investigating allegations of procurement fraud and theft. The brothers filed false financial-disclosure forms, with Imran Awan claiming his wife had no income, even as she worked as a fellow House IT staffer.

This is glaringly shady stuff, in no way “typical,” yet nobody noticed. Federal contractors are subject to security standards, but individual congressional offices have giant leeway over their hiring—and apparently no quality control. If a private firm had such shoddy employee oversight, it’d be sued into oblivion.

The most recent FBI affidavit accuses Imran Awan of defrauding the Congressional Federal Credit Union by lying about the use of his rental properties to get a $165,000 home-equity loan—which he immediately wrapped into a $283,000 wire transfer to Pakistan. At one point, when the credit union asked Mr. Awan (who was pretending to be his wife on the phone) why he wanted to send money to Pakistan, he replied, “funeral arrangements.”

Told this was not an acceptable reason, Mr. Awan went to “look online for an acceptable reason” and responded “buying property.” The bright bulbs at the credit union approved the transfer. His wife was already in Pakistan. The FBI stopped her at the airport in March, and despite finding $12,400 in undeclared cash (in excess of the legal limit), they let her go. Seriously.

Imran Awan has pleaded not guilty to bank fraud. The law office representing him issued a statement casting the investigation as “part of a frenzy of anti-Muslim bigotry in the literal heart of our democracy.” It calls the accusations “utterly unsupported, outlandish, and slanderous.”

Yes, it is weird that Ms. Wasserman Schultz continued to shield Imran Awan to the end. Yes, the amounts of money, and the ties to Pakistan, are strange. Yes, it is alarming that emails show Imran Awan knew Ms. Wasserman Schultz’s iPad password, and that the family might have had wider access to the accounts of lawmakers on the House Intelligence and Foreign Affairs committees.

Yet even if this never adds up to a spy thriller, it outranks most of the media’s other obsessions. The government, under the inattentive care of Democrats, may have been bilked for ages by a man the FBI has alleged to be a fraudster. That’s the same government Democrats say is qualified to run your health care, reform your children’s schools, and protect the environment. They should explain this first.

Write to [email protected].

Hide From Washington’s Thought Police … Now!

By Ted Bauman, Editor, The Bauman Letter

https://banyanhill.com/washingtons-thought-police/

It certainly has enough plot, and enough characters, to be a spy thriller.