16 candles in the '58 edsel'

I guess if one were taking on those aussie hooks you would be looking to take them through pending orders overnight. I believe Andy moved over to set-and-forget for a while.

Is anyone on this thread preferring to engage through orders set and left to trigger as and when? Or are folks strictly engaging and triggering during the early session on the faster timeframes?

Well I’m not as yet, but to be fair with the wide & varied choice of 25-30 currency pairs, indices & commodities, i haven’t really needed to think about the prospects of having to.

Even Yen, Aussie & Kiwi based pairs offer up pullback & breakout opportunities during the european & american trading sessions. I can see where some very good opportunities are missed by not being around at that time, which obviously would be snagged by placing orders, but i’m not particularly inspired enough to begin considering that option.

I’ll probably need a bit more time & experience with this to properly assess the merits & maybe it will appeal further down the line, but i’m not particularly suffering from a shortage of high probability opportunities at the moment.

Who is Andy?

My long-list is slightly shorter than that with about 15 pairs plus a handful of indexes and commodities. My broker has disappointing spreads for the minors such as 4 pips on NZD/JPY. With an ATR of 100 that’s only 25 times the spread which for the way I operate - short punts over a few hours with no rolling overnight - racks up the risk for me.

Maybe I’m being too cautious but there’s no doubting it limits the options.

He’s an irishman that goes under the banner of Captain Currency and shared the 3-Ducks method which got some airtime earlier in this thread.

If you’re referring to limits etc then I have done in the past, as have one or two of the guys who used to post on FSR. The UK/European based guys used to set quite a few of their orders into late NY trade on the Australasian pairs that were cycling up or down in reasonably established trending cycles, but they were heavily into rollovers.

Kyle, zilly & shona set a good percentage of limits, buy & sell stop orders. But I do recall Kyle & strobe mentioning the benefits weren’t all that cracky as there were usually opportunities to be had engaging via pullbacks anyway as Frankfurt, Paris & London came onboard.

I suppose you have to tailor your activity to your lifestyle.
If you’re missing an abundance of opportunities because you can’t adopt a sit & watch approach then you’re going to be more motivated to seeking out a set & forget type tactic.

Horses for courses.

the singles are certainly home & hosed.
we can bank & cash the doubles too if he manages to book his white house ticket!!
go donny…

Donald Trump Clinches GOP Nomination | KERA News

Jos & a few others also have combination Trump/Brexit gambles bubbling.
Some pretty serious moolah will hit the satchels if that treble combo rolls off!

Be lighting cubans with $100 bills till they die lol.

The EU & its shyte currency is, & has for an awful long time, been a busted flush.
The more distance the UK puts between it & them the better.
Remaining part of that shambolic catastrophe would be a gigantic mistake.

#nigeforpm #trumpforpresident #votebrexit
dreams sometimes really do come true…& then the real fun begins!

so…will the 10-in-a-row gold gamblers pull off the bet & repeat February’s feat??
Scott’s satchel say’s a big fat NO!! (see john light up a cuban & pour a large malt….see the punters faces turn an ashen grey as they ask for tap water with a slice!)

Gold – just scratching away the veneer! :slight_smile:

lol, with 4 hours till end of month?
no fookin chance, it’s in the bag…again! :slight_smile:
loads more heavy bets placed thursday & Friday too

#mugpunters
#layersdoitbetter
#tictactoe
#maldivesvacationbooked

i’ve been following this thread for a while & especially used to enjoy the regular weekend heads up from all you guys.
are you regulars still using the concepts & trading the set ups?

it’s gone quiet & would be a shame to see it disappear altogether, as along with 3 ducks it’s one of the better quality ‘how to’ threads on the forum.

love most of the music vids too :slight_smile:

Yes of course.

To be honest there’s no need to keep updating the thread with the same pre-market examples because once you’ve got your bearings (which you’ll get very easily from the excellent content) you’ll quickly be in a position to identify, filter & execute your own trades just as efficiently.

It’s not a complicated process even for a relative newbie to get their head around, & I’m proof of that, lol. It really is very straightforward & idiot proof. Wash, rinse & repeat.

You’ve obviously noticed the precise similarity of the watch list candidates that were identified & presented within the thread by different posters each weekend ahead of the next week’s activity, & that’s testament to not only the quality of the information presented, but also the accuracy & consistency of the concept.

After a while it simply becomes samey & the posts/charts all take on a very familiar appearance. You know which currencies & pairs are going to be posted before they appear on the thread because we’re all (or should be) identifying & filtering those which are currently offering the higher probability continuation potential.

And I imagine that is/was the objective these guys set out to achieve when introducing it in the first place, so job done really!

yeah, i take your point.
it’s a shame though because they brighten up the place a bit with their banter & there’s also some very interesting views & advice presented within the thread.
at least they know what they’re talking about.

i suppose it depends on which type of trading you’re involved in as to how often you filter your pairs?
do you guys split your activity up much into day & swing or do you find which works best & stick with it.

The filtering task takes me 10 minutes tops each evening, a little longer at w/ends.
Because the objective is to only look for a currency exhibiting an established or developing background structure to move to the filtering stage, you soon get used to grading the quality of the watch-list & I’ll occasionally dial in & out of 4 & 1 hour timeframes to obtain a wider or clearer view of that cyclical action.

It helps enormously, well it certainly did for me, that there are no indicators to muddy the waters other than a stochastic at the bottom of your sub 240 minute chart profiles to focus pullback entries.
There’s no complicated analysis to perform.
They show you how to identify & filter the higher probability pairs & instruments.
They show you which price aids to use in conjunction with the process (ADR, prior session highs/lows & round numbers) & present 2 trigger options to get you into the trades.

You can day or swing trade using the exact same principles & you work your risk according to, & based on your own appetite. I don’t know about the others but I toggle between day & swing depending on the volatility conditions. If I’m getting knocked out early of potential rollover trades I’ll readjust my objectives on that particular currency or pair until conditions are more condusive.

The trickiest part I found was filtering the candidates properly, but like anything else, the more you perform the task & observe the behavioural characteristics, the more efficient you become. If I can get to grips with it without too much trouble & no previous trading experience, then anyone can!

One piece of advice I’m glad I took & which I’ll strongly endorse is, register with a performance tracking & recording service such as FXSTAT. That will allow you to monitor your performance statistics & quickly highlight strengths & more importantly, weaknesses in your activity.

Like wyntac say’s, the beauty of the basic template is its flexibility.
Because the structure is universal & there are no conflicting or extra confirmatory additions to think about, it can be easily wrapped around any timeframe combination of choice, which lends itself to short or more medium term market participation.

If there’s a particularly strong or weak currency in play the filter will highlight it. If the volatility conditions are erratic or mercurial, you have options to flip from one objective to the other without too much hassle, providing of course your entry criteria offers you the opportunity to engage.

providing options is always a major benefit particularly in current market conditions, & if you can get it in such a tight package without having to switch between strategies then all the better.
not many approaches offer such luxuries, so being able to seamlessly adjust at will is a very fortunate position to find yourselves in.

:slight_smile: ink wells - long time since they were part & parcel of the schoolroom furniture.
you’re either showing your age or you’re an observant soul.

Here he is in full flow leading from the front as usual chuckling like a maniac at Mr Chippings little joke…dropped a few pounds since then hey Billy!

Those aren’t the only large political bets we have simmering away gently on the back burner as Dan/Billy & their merry band of odds compilers will attest to

UK has stirred the pot & other natives are getting very restless indeed….
Keep your hand on your h’apenny, the fun has just begun! :wink:

:slight_smile: & the 2nd part of the gamble falls nicely into the satchel thank you very much!!

it certainly doesn’t pay to take the other side of their bets lol.

he’s a very confident & assured orator & throughout the whole build up he stuck to his guns & wasn’t ruffled, unlike a good few of the remain supporters, & I think the british people eventually saw through all their bluster & ridiculous scare mongering.

i agree it’s a shambles & i think this is the beginning of the end of the EU in its current format as more countries will now press very aggressively for their own referendums.
they were waiting to see the results of the UK. & their confidence will now rocket to new heights.

oh how i would love to see the expressions on the faces of Junker, Merkel & Hollande this morning, especially Junker who in my opinion is an insufferable, obnoxious creep.
that would indeed be priceless!

as you say, the dream is now reality & the fun will now begin.

I see you’ve been ingtatiating yourself with one or two of the natives again today :slight_smile:
We really must equip you with a harness & keep you tethered to the camp fire where you can’t go causing any ructions lol

I don’t know why everyone’s so surprised, it’s not like it wasn’t expected.
Woe betide anyone who starts poking sharp sticks & dictating to the British. They’ll soon let the lion loose, as those bumbling eurocrats have quickly found out to their cost.

Merkel & the other numpties over there in Brussels are now going to have a hell of a fight on their hands trying to control & contain the other restless natives eager to follow suit.

What’s that noise I hear in the background??
sounds like the collective thud of a million or so migrant hearts hitting the ground as the realisation dawns the UK gates are closing tight.

God save your queen
Britannia rules your waves.