16 candles in the '58 edsel'

Yes, its 1 of 2 multi user password accounts stakz.

talking about chasing value, i see people are piling into s&p shorts again this week as it takes a breather near the top of it’s current leg.
quite a large top heavy load accumulating again on that instrument by all accounts.

grantyboy noted the lethargy across most pairs & markets lately.
have you guys spotted any stand out candidates attracting likeminded funding?

:slight_smile: Good man. Knowing when to fold & stand aside is half the battle & there’s no better smoke signal than the one you’re embracing!

Apart from the usual numbnuts shovelling barrow loads of long oil bets onto the fire & subsequently being forced to liquidate each day as fast as they’ve been placed, the only other noticeable clueless bets have been long aussie, particularly via yen, kiwi & sterling & even more strangely, long euro & sterling v/s yen.

Even the supposed “professionals” (cough) have had to claw themselves out of the oil ditch once or twice this week. Clearly stupidity knows no bounds

based on the structure filters they’re all neutral/bearish this week.

stakz observations applied to all 3.
aud/jpy dropped through last week’s low early tuesday morning & never gained traction again above last friday & monday’s highs, so according to the structure that was never a long aud candidate this week.

same with aud/nzd.
it failed to clear last friday’s highs on monday, closing out nearer the day’s lows than the highs never so much as threatening a higher closing high or higher low since then.

and gbp/aud has been in drift mode for the past 2 weeks.
no clear structure or bias.
horrible chart.

even i’m not going to comment on gbp/jpy & eur/jpy lol.

i note DoubleEcho’s comments from a while back re brokers, but are you all involved in those types of roles? or do any of you work from the other side of the screens.

The template guys who were active here (Tessa, Jocelyn, Sean, Andre, Carll, Kevan, jjay et al) are part of a group who punt bankrolled cash for various investors.

The rest of us get up to mischief at brokers & bookies. A couple crunch numbers, filtering & formulating statistical data for stock market gamblers with deep pockets as well as developing, constructing & calibrating algorithms for referred punters.

It absolutely beggars belief doesn’t it.
3 of the retail shops & 2 tiered firms were advertising +85% short exposure earlier this week lol.

It’s suffered only 2 intraday low violations in 22 business days & that was during the light volume independence day holiday pullback, which is to be expected.

It’s about ready to grow wings into more clear air beyond 2176 & when it does they’ll be more liquidating bets firing off than you can shake a stick at. Another full satchel of lovely stressed stops!

They never learn.

& thar she blowed, no doubt taking a large bunch of short defensive stops with her!
as we’re now edging into the quieter holiday period I suppose we’ll need to keep one eye on potential pullbacks emerging from some of the more extended instruments possibly leading to more choppy trading conditions for a while, but as you say the very large majority of traders who are/were positioned short on dow, s&p & other indices leading into the weekend have been shaken around quite a bit already.

i’ve got a couple of kiwi pairs (cad & usd) on my A list into early week for prime continuation set ups along with aud/usd, silver, gbp/nzd & cad/jpy.
they’re performing their usual monday morning shuffle at the moment, pulling back from early week asian session moves, but if any of them click back into directional mode i’ll take a crack at them.

That’s the usual game play but the beauty of observing the types of additional back-up tools you focus on (prior day & week markers + your average range numbers) means you don’t need to concern yourself either way coz they’ll shine a light ushering you in & keeping you out anyway.
Just continue to use them as your guide & you won’t veer off track.

Aye, the boards across all the firms were quite warm with the usual nervous types folding stale shorts into late friday & this morning lol.

The same ones have been active early doors today panicking into longs on those instruments terrified they’ll miss the next leg & getting trapped yet again, while the savvy group(s) have been easing out of profit longs, calmly managing their remaining exposure & stepping in to take advantage of range extension pullbacks.

Fresh highs/lows, big figure breaks & option defended levels are incredibly dangerous places for the naïve & unprepared to go hunting!

That silver gamble has attracted good, solid business for a few weeks now, especially last week when it had a good feed at 20.0
It hasn’t seen that area for 2 years & unsurprisingly it’s acted as a decent fulcrum so far.

i know some of the more established shops have had basic sentiment & positioning information available for a while now, but one of the brokers i use offer quite detailed breakdowns these days on client activity.

one of the premier bookies for instance go into layered detail for those so inclined.
i suppose you all get a very good feel for who is doing what, where & when.
priceless footprint information indeed.

yes, i had that area primed as a possible busy zone & engaged again last week underneath 20.0 off the higher low, keeping what you guys have continually encouraged about getting involved ahead of potentially key & active levels at the forefront of my mind.

that tactic is now well & truly part of my pre-entry ticklist.

because i keep such detailed records of my trades i know exactly how successful it’s been making me money by keeping me seated in moves i would have previously decoupled from, whilst saving me money by allowing me to scratch or pull trades that have reacted aggressively off a figure/round number/day-week high low with plenty of time to arrive at the decision calmly & objectively.

it’s most recent & profitable successes have been on dow @1800, aud/cad ahead of 0.9800 & usd/jpy @100 seeking a cheeky test on that big level.
wasn’t to be, but it allowed me plenty of time to scratch & re-assess.

that one snippet alone has so far been worth its weight in gold & i thank you all for constantly reminding us of its relevance.

Well filtered!
Unsurprisingly all on the move in the right direction…blow me down with a feather.

There’s enough information & data these days on individuals & groups to virtually pinpoint the precise time some punters take a dump in the morning. Would make your eyes bleed to see what can be plotted & tracked on an activity chart.

It reveals a detailed map of the habits, disciplines & general behaviour traits of the 2 primary categories of punter, be they professional or amateur. The footprints are especially interesting when certain individuals & small groups of consistently successful gamblers begin to stir and/or ease off on specific instruments/candidates.

It’s all fun!

whilst either keying off combinations of round numbers & prior day-week highs/lows or dutifully stair-stepping (silver) in tune with the flows!

One or two chirping birdies inform me he’ll be sitting in [U]someon’s[/U] favorite leather seat wearing a headset again soon?!!

Make sure you supply him with a double mic set though…sonny boy loves his mic’s lol.
So does that mean forex roools now???

couldn’t resist :slight_smile:

Going back over the thread, I saw that sketcher was able to get in touch with the original TT group to assist him with his programming.

My question is twofold: given that you guys (and them) have guided us towards successful betting techniques, I would naturally like to throw some money at them and have them manage it for me since I’m still a wage-slave. What kind of investment would they require? Are they open to new capital or are they locked up like Lipschutz?

Secondly: I’d love to automate a few models based on these concepts. But there’s a “missing link” between manual execution and automation in my mind. You guys spoke about executing & trailing multiple orders, hedge/net off & control specific percentage profits or minimise drawdown as specific levels kick in, grid trading (God knows what kind of rubbish pops up on the net if you google Grid trading strategies :-/ ). I must say I’m quite “lost”. Going back to the days before programming was available, I imagine you successful guys were manually executing most of these strategies…so you invented them and executed them manually before being able to program them.

Where does that “light of genius” come from? Is it simply a by-product of experience?

Thanks.

Without wishing to go into too much detail about my specific circumstances, it actually turned out to be quite a bit more than merely assisting me.

The stuff you’ve referred to forexspot represents a very significant investment of time & money & even though I was extremely fortunate to gain access to their programmer’s knowledge & experience, I had to wait long periods of time just to get basic stuff completed.

They were snowed under then & it hasn’t gotten any better.
I don’t think wyntac has managed to get his stuff completed yet either.

Hate to be the bearer of disappointing news on both fronts forexspot, but we’ve worked an exclusive arrangement with long standing investors for quite some time & have no plans or wishes to integrate outside investment streams into that relationship.

On the programming front we had to put the brakes on I’m afraid. Although they’re resource rich, we’re time poor & the distractions were beginning to impact on our own business schedules & requirements.

You’re by no means the only folks vying for their attention so we made a collective decision to pull the rug.

Hello Jocelyn,

well thank you for stepping in personally to clarify. If you heard something weird this morning, it was my “sigh” but I definitely understand that if the core biz was being impacted by side-shows then the decision is straightforward.

:cool:

jocelyn,
these lads have given hints & glimpses of your likely preferences & current v/s previous views since you were last active on here, but where do you imagine you’d have taken the threads had you still been in situ since 2010?

a lot of what you presented nearly 10 years ago is still very much relevant even in today’s market action which is testament to the quality of the framework & templates you shared.
in fact i & other new thread contributors are still probably using 80% of it in our planning every time we research & trigger trades.

do you think situations & circumstances would have influenced the delivery & specifics of your content over that period of time? & what, if any of the material would still be included on the current roster?

That’s an interesting prompter.

We presented that approach back then attempting to offer something that folks could use as a guide to structure their template & maybe anchor a strategy to.

It’s incredibly difficult & virtually impossible to fine tune a specific & precise set up to an individual without working with them exclusively because so much of the personal behavior traits, attitudes, risk & style preferences are missing from the picture, & those are absolutely imperative must haves to fit the complete jigsaw together when matching a process to a specific personality.

Best you can do in these types of scenarios is throw out a bunch of stuff, try & offer a base or foundational structure & steer folks in the general direction, but at the end of the day they have to use whatever intuitive skills they possess to filter & process enough of that information get the job done based around their own variables.

Like everything in life, change impacts & affects what how & when you interact with something, & financial market instruments aren’t immune from that cycle.

Priorities, goals, structures & circumstances will have changed several times with folks since we first introduced those threads & you need to flow with the momentum & tweak accordingly.

If we’d still been active on the forum the past few years the majority of the tools would have still been in play such as directional momentum, sentiment themes, average daily & weekly range percentages & the primary focus on figures/round numbers. The only casualty would be the support & resistance zonal stuff, in favor of the more visible & less subjective period highs & lows which these fella’s have championed.

More clarity & flexibility, less subjectivity & ambiguity & easier to quantify when attempting to review & revise activity & performance.

The herd still exhibit & display typical behavior traits when gambling on markets, always have always will. Fear & greed are highly visible footprints which will reveal themselves to you if you look at the right stuff & the tools described above are sufficient to give you a bright enough signal to get involved, especially the sentiment biases now much more freely available.

We certainly haven’t followed the content on here religiously, but I must admit the stuff you guys post regards pre-market open filtered A & B list candidates is very impressive indeed. I can’t remember many being off key or out of sync at all. That gives you an absolutely huge advantage when prepping & triggering pressured moves via pullback & breakout entries. It also offers variety & opens up multiple opportunities to engage.

Don’t change what you’re doing. It was efficient & effective back in 2007 & it remains so in 2016.

Very well put Jocelyn, glad everything is working great for you and thankx for all the great effort that you have put in this sight.

With USD floating around in a range recently which probably reflects the neutral data fundamentals I’m interested to see whether Yellen takes anything other than a neutral stance.

Not that fundamentals are really my game but like to keep an eye on these things.