Spidypips Journal

Hello babypips member or guest. I’m spidypips, one of nice and lame student in babypips.com -___-

I wanna make my own journal and analysis here. My first intention ofcourse for the sake of my learning progress. Feedback, criticism or comment from others will be my next target of my learning progress, and i do what my mentor suggest to me.
I prefer do journaling my trade with old style, paper journal. But I will try to be more advance by writing too in this thread.

As we can see, generally my journal divided like picture above on paper journal. But for now, what I write only based on news release analysis. Before start to make my news analysis, I will explain my very strict rules on that with this link:
http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/50741-spidypips-news-release-system.html#post447872

Spidy,

Gonna follow your thread… Happy trading!

[U]Period:[/U]
Jan 28 - Feb 1 2013

[B][U]Potential trade:[/U][/B]

1. GDP news (USD) --> Jan 30 2013; 21:30 GMT+8
    [U]a. beritaforex:[/U]
  • Before: 3.1%
  • Forecast: ?? --> [I]update : 1.1%[/I]
  • actual: ?? --> [I]update : -0.1%[/I]

[U]b. forexfactory:[/U]

• Forecast: 1.3% --> [I]revised : 1.1%[/I]

[U]c. dailyfx:[/U]

• Forecast: 1.2%
  1. NFP & Unemployment Rate news (USD) --> Feb 1 2013; 21:30 GMT+8

[U]a. beritaforex:[/U]

• Before: 155K --> [I]revised : 196K[/I] & 7.8%
  • Forecast: [I]update : 160K & 7.8%[/I]
  • actual: 157K & 7.9%

[U]b. forexfactory:[/U]

• Forecast: 156K --> [I]revised : 161K[/I] & 7.8%
  • actual: 157K & 7.9%

[U]c. dailyfx:[/U]

• Forecast: 155K --> [I]revised : 165K[/I] & 7.8%
  • actual: 157K & …
  1. GDP result:

I have work that i must do. So, i cant 24 hours keep an eye on my trade. But whatever the result will be, either up or down, my trade already at breakeven position. If i get breakeven, it would be great learnin for me :slight_smile:

And sorry i only scan my usual journal. So, maybe not eye catching like others have…

This is my GDP result:

Maybe tomorrow on NFP and unemployment news i cant trade due to my work. I must help my job coz the plant already start up tomorrow.

I’m sad miss that opportunity, but i will try to keep make analysis on that for the sake of my learnin progress ^___^

I somehow can manage to avoid workin on my job. And get chance to do NFP analyse. The “before” value suddently changing from 155K into 196K just when NFP release. That makes prediction US will get stronger now turn into weaken.

Then, i see and wait for a while. Hope i can enter EURUSD when it go down first.
And the result, i have no idea, what market doin right now. It just drop for some great movement. Opposite from the value news prediction.

So, i avoid this trade. To much risky for my self. But i will watch till the end, what happen into that phenomenon.

Hi spidy pips,

Sounds interesting! Is this a new idea you are testing or have you experience trading the news? Have you don any back testing to give you targets? I ask this as I have help USD positions that have rallied on better than expected NFP’s only to reverse and trade some sixty pips the opposite direction… And that was within 2 hours!

Will be a keen follower of your journal, good luck!

Sorry for late reply mtaylor2 :slight_smile:
I learn from another person who already success in this method. Not like usual people that still hiding secret key to adapt their system, but he is very opened person. As for now, i already tested his method many times, and proof it my self. But this journal actually for my learning progress. I’m not giving signal for trade. But more like to warn everyone, to watch out in that time i already said. That market would be movin not like usual for technical analysis.

Get the positive thing from my journal, and give me feedback on that :slight_smile:

I like your journal. :slight_smile:

Nice thread spidypips :slight_smile:

I will follow this I don’t include enough (any) news analysts in my trades!!

A good way to organize & record your thought process. To teach & To learn is the same process, different name.
:slight_smile:
I will follow your journul .
Thanks.

Nice Journal Spidy :cool:

Thanks for the compliment voodoopips, sydneysteve, BimPan, and WilliamD ^_____^

I will try to post every trade on news release with opportunity analysis each next week. Just keep an eye on my first post (about opportunity analysis and result), maybe in our mail cant noticed. Coz i only revised that post if wanna make update.

I will make new post each week if i see opportunity on that :slight_smile:

[B]Period:
Feb 4 - Feb 8 2013
[/B]
[U]Potential trade:[/U]

[U]1. Employment Change & Unemployment Rate (AUD) --> Feb 7 2013; 8:30 GMT+8[/U]

I wanna trade on those news, but i cant. I cant trade around that time due to must work on my current job. But those news are high impact. With same direction based on “before” and “forecast” values. Try to search ur self for the value. I already said how i analyse news on my news release system at the first post.

Other news have high impact too. But i’m not interested becoz “before” and “forecast” values are same (outside of my system).

[U]Conclusion:[/U]
I dont trade based on my news release system, and prefer focus to demo and do lot of trade based on technical stuff. Hone my new target with TP, not Trailing Stop.

[U]Look my main problem at Trailing Stop in this thread:[/U]
http://forums.babypips.com/forex-brokers/49825-oanda-mt4-truth.html

Following you SPidy :slight_smile:

Nice Journal Spidy, I only glanced through it. Can’t wait to have more time and read it more in depth. :slight_smile:

Period:
Feb 11 - Feb 15 2013

Potential trade:

1. CPI (GBP) --> Feb 12 2013; 17:30 GMT+8
    a. beritaforex:
  • Before: 2.7%
  • Forecast: 2.7% --> revised : 2.8%
  • actual: ?? --> updated : 2.7%

b. forexfactory:

• Forecast: 2.8%

c. dailyfx:

• Forecast: 2.7%

Result: I dont trade on this news

1. Retail Sales (USD) --> Feb 13 2013; 21:30 GMT+8

a. beritaforex:

• Before: 0.5%
  • Forecast: 0.3% --> revised : 0.1%
  • actual: ?? --> updated : 0.1%

b. forexfactory:

• Forecast: 0.1%

c. dailyfx:

• Forecast: 0.1%

no trade on this news too, coz actual value same with forecast -___-

Check too for another news that will happen near that time or even same with that. And be sure not believe that value exactly, coz they will change or revise after news release ^___^

(i hardly make snapshot for beritaforex website coz they have different way to show FX calendar. But check too if u interest with my analysis)

very interesting method. do you have any results so far (forward or backtested)?

I write this journal for my learning progress my senior :slight_smile:

I had that result with my paper journal. Lot of lossing trade to be honest.

But now, its different and i start to make profit :slight_smile:

permission to listen

I like your journal Spidy. You put lot of time and effort in those candlesticks. I use bars and I tried many times to draw by hand but I didn’t have the patience or the time. Looking at your journal will help me develop mine. Thank you

[B]Period:
Feb 18 - Feb 22 2013[/B]

Potential trade:

1. Claimant Count Change (GBP) --> Feb 20 2013; 17:30 GMT+8
    a. beritaforex:
  • Previous: -12.1K
  • Forecast: -7.5K --> revised : -5.0K
  • actual: ?? --> updated : -12.5K

b. forexfactory:

• Previous: -12.1K --> revised : -15.8K
  • Forecast: -5.3K

c. dailyfx:

• Previous: -12.1K --> revised : -15.8K
  • Forecast: -6.0K --> revised : -5.5K

Watch out for other news, MPC Meeting minutes on GBP.

Be sure not believe that value exactly, coz they will change or revise after news release ^___^

Will take trade if the result positive.

(i hardly make snapshot for beritaforex website coz they have different way to show FX calendar. But check too if u interest with my analysis)

Result:

No trade, due to will oppose my system and very strict rules.
News result from 3 sites seems different each other.

Be patience, just because our chance miss. We still have another week :slight_smile: