Rags To Riches - Multi Traders

[QUOTE=“Leg0nd;624814”] Yes it’s pretty awesome. It appears like all day the liquidity providers have been long AJ, the only pair I have been watching out of my 4 I traded today. My trades are looking really good. Down like 15 going into the news in AJ, no big deal. Down about 10 in GU, still good. Up 5 pips or so in UJ. I’m feeling confident my trades will clear today and I will make some pips by close. I like this pitview thing, but to actually trade off it, would require more volatility in the market and right now it seems nill. Everyone is waiting for the Australian news it seems like. I’m obviously expecting it to be greater than forecasted which would be excellent for my trades :). How’s your trading going?[/QUOTE]

It’s going good just taking a break I had a nice 300 pip set up on gold but my entry was not proper
Therefore trade didn’t work out as I planned but it happens so i decided to take a little break for a few weeks but prob going to trade next week , I’m telling you man if you have gold or XAU on your platform have a look @ the charts man I know you said befor you don’t trade it but IMO I find it the best pair to trade and most times spread are low , unlike most exotic pairs or currency’s that are very volatile .

Did you happen to to try that pitview out yet ??, I just signed up for the free trail and did you or anybody els find out how much it cost a month ?

[QUOTE=“Libertysilver;624821”] It’s going good just taking a break I had a nice 300 pip set up on gold but my entry was not proper Therefore trade didn’t work out as I planned but it happens so i decided to take a little break for a few weeks but prob going to trade next week , I’m telling you man if you have gold or XAU on your platform have a look @ the charts man I know you said befor you don’t trade it but IMO I find it the best pair to trade and most times spread are low , unlike most exotic pairs or currency’s that are very volatile . Did you happen to to try that pitview out yet ??, I just signed up for the free trail and did you or anybody els find out how much it cost a month ?[/QUOTE]

XD I have no where near enough capital in my account to trade gold lol. I was wondering the same thing about pitview. I noticed the demo lags some. Its probably just because it’s demo? Hopefully full version doesn’t. Anyhow let me know if you find out how much membership costs lol.

[QUOTE=“Leg0nd;624822”] XD I have no where near enough capital in my account to trade gold lol. I was wondering the same thing about pitview. I noticed the demo lags some. Its probably just because it’s demo? Hopefully full version doesn’t. Anyhow let me know if you find out how much membership costs lol.[/QUOTE]

It’s $60 a month for basic

& 100 month for pro package

Kinda expensive if you ask me how are you liking the demo ? Gold is the bomb Man U gotta find a broker that let’s u trade gold with small capital Or load up some more capital xD

[QUOTE=“Libertysilver;624824”] It’s $60 a month for basic & 100 month for pro package Kinda expensive if you ask me how are you liking the demo ? Gold is the bomb Man U gotta find a broker that let’s u trade gold with small capital Or load up some more capital xD[/QUOTE]

Lol. Yes it’s expensive, but it is institutional data. I love it. Unless the lag is fixed when you pay for it, it wouldn’t be worth it. Otherwise it is king. I’m going to use it for entry tonight. I like Oanda lol. They are very good. Some slippage but not so bad. I will be loading up some capital at the end of summer. I want to see if I can continue on this streak this time. I am killing it this week. 3 months like this and I am golden and will need less capital to put in :slight_smile:

That sounds very cheap for what it’s supposed to represent.

As has been strongly recommended already, be sure you’re completely satisfied with the answers you receive surrounding the very specific questions regarding this data & how/where it’s sourced. You might want to press them why it’s being offered at such a cheap price.

I don’t know about you, but if it was me I’d want to be speaking to these guys as opposed to communicating via e-mail/message & I would then want to speak (by dialling the number myself) to one of these liquidity providers to suss out the link up.

Do a bit of digging around the people involved & see what else they’re involved in/with.
I don’t have a lot of experience with retail offerings but the little I’ve seen isn’t positive.

The monthly subs might well amount to a couple of rounds of drinks in the pub but if this software is nothing more than a mickey mouse piggy back feed from a low end broker it could unsettle your whole approach & cause more problems than it’s supposed to solve.

[QUOTE=“dancat;624854”] That sounds very cheap for what it’s supposed to represent. As has been strongly recommended already, be sure you’re completely satisfied with the answers you receive surrounding the very specific questions regarding this data & how/where it’s sourced. You might want to press them why it’s being offered at such a cheap price. I don’t know about you, but if it was me I’d want to be speaking to these guys as opposed to communicating via e-mail/message & I would then want to speak (by dialling the number myself) to one of these liquidity providers to suss out the link up. Do a bit of digging around the people involved & see what else they’re involved in/with. I don’t have a lot of experience with retail offerings but the little I’ve seen isn’t positive. The monthly subs might well amount to a couple of rounds of drinks in the pub but if this software is nothing more than a mickey mouse piggy back feed from a low end broker it could unsettle your whole approach & cause more problems than it’s supposed to solve.[/QUOTE]

Very true. I don’t need it to be honest. The market reverses so often now (low time frames) it’s practically of little use. Especially if you take into account spread. But it is very fun eye candy to watch. I was reading on Oanda stock twits that large institutions/central banks are dampening volatility. More progressively. That really pisses me off.

[QUOTE=“Leg0nd;625014”] Very true. I don’t need it to be honest. The market reverses so often now (low time frames) it’s practically of little use. Especially if you take into account spread. But it is very fun eye candy to watch. I was reading on Oanda stock twits that large institutions/central banks are dampening volatility. More progressively. That really pisses me off.[/QUOTE]

You don’t like using it anymore ? :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=“Leg0nd;625014”] Very true. I don’t need it to be honest. The market reverses so often now (low time frames) it’s practically of little use. Especially if you take into account spread. But it is very fun eye candy to watch. I was reading on Oanda stock twits that large institutions/central banks are dampening volatility. More progressively. That really pisses me off.[/QUOTE]

Also I’m pretty sure I saw a guy on wallstreet warriors forex episode using a very similar tool to pit view @ least it had the same colours as it
, you can tell it’s a program like pit-view also Cheak this video it’s pretty sick video but this guy is using a similar program Day In The Life Of A Forex Trader

[QUOTE=“Libertysilver;625019”] Also I’m pretty sure I saw a guy on wallstreet warriors forex episode using a very similar tool to pit view @ least it had the same colours as it , you can tell it’s a program like pit-view also Cheak this video it’s pretty sick video but this guy is using a similar program http://youtu.be/mk1PfbYjZy4[/QUOTE]

Like I said, banks are dampening volatility. To a retarded amount. Why do you think things have been insanely flat lately? Pit view is great during high volatility and trending markets. ranging markets like right now = terrible

Yes you can see the move before it happens. But the moves right now suck. You can’t clear spread.

Okay. Only pitview sucks. (Due to reasons posted above). Pitview plus ones own edge = ace in the whole. Did you figure it out yet silver?

[QUOTE=“Leg0nd;625039”]Okay. Only pitview sucks. (Due to reasons posted above). Pitview plus ones own edge = ace in the whole. Did you figure it out yet silver?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it looks pretty useful especially with gold gold unlike most markets is always moving bro this week it moved more then 1000 pips
Very volatile market , but I’m just figuring out how to use all the indicators and tools and what not and the demo dose not offer you so move the important tools you get with the paid version but
With good understanding this can be a very useful and powerful tool

So did you already pay for it?

[QUOTE=“Leg0nd;625043”]So did you already pay for it?[/QUOTE]

No going to fully understand all the tools and test it out for a few weeks based of results I will see how it gose , what about you ?

[QUOTE=“Libertysilver;625047”] No going to fully understand all the tools and test it out for a few weeks based of results I will see how it gose , what about you ?[/QUOTE]

I just got my old job back. Pays really well, so if all goes accordingly I will definitely consider purchasing it this summer. I already understand how to use everything except for the depth of market tool. It’s pretty simple. I’m going to watch more videos of course to better my understanding. However, I know plenty to trade it, already placed 3 trades off it today and I closed two trades I normally hold for the whole day early because of it. Ended up being incredibly wise to do so. Made more pips gettting out than staying in had I waited to close til close today

[QUOTE=“Leg0nd;625061”] I just got my old job back. Pays really well, so if all goes accordingly I will definitely consider purchasing it this summer. I already understand how to use everything except for the depth of market tool. It’s pretty simple. I’m going to watch more videos of course to better my understanding. However, I know plenty to trade it, already placed 3 trades off it today and I closed two trades I normally hold for the whole day early because of it. Ended up being incredibly wise to do so. Made more pips gettting out than staying in had I waited to close til close today[/QUOTE

Nice nice in going to send you a private msg there’s a few questions I have , maybe you can explaine things abit better , but going to spend some time watching a few more videos as well
I’m trying to see as well if it’s more effective long term or short term trading , & I may email them about the news feed I’m also very curious about
What banks / liquidity providers that news feed is for as we know the forex is very large market and that could be a group of small hendgfunds / private banks that don’t really have that much effect on prices . I did some research on other market data providers & some of them charge way more there a few company’s charging like $1000+ a month. Witch is crazy !! But also makes me think why this guys are offering so cheap ,

Sounds good. Yeah they are relatively cheap compared to other day providers, but what do the other data providers offer? Possible a different form of data. Maybe 1second data who knows. To be honest I would kill for even just 30 second data. Would put me on a whole new level in excel. I’m curious what that world even looks like. I’m hopefully taking programming classes in the fall. Doubt it’s enough to work for a firm but maybe I wil trade well enough by the time I graduate to get noticed by one. I think it would be amazing to trade high frequency for them. The data they have access too is my holy grail. I have lots of really Incredible stats I could trade off of. Maybe even get someone to help me write a continuous volume equation.

Well the thread started off exciting. About 6 pages in it became depressing. Sorry for the drawdowns guys. Hopefully, lessons have been learned and luckily only a few bucks have been lost seeing how the accounts were tiny to start with.

wasnt going to add anything but thought why not? there is no holy grail … there is persistance persistance persitance … Find your trend on DAILY then try smaller time frame , listen or not matters not to me , ive seen guys lose $200k aud trying to scalp short term … conquer long term first with small positions and discipline (which brings me undone time after time ) then the shorter time frames can provide some scalps .cheers Q

What a train wreck this thread was, huh?

You know, This dudes posts really got to me, and you know what else, These dudes posts always stuck in my head, and you know what else, My chart looks exactly like his today.

He was correct, in every single post he wrote in this thread. I took them as insulting, but there was always the," Your doing it wrong" that always stuck with me.

I wish i could shake this kats hand today. He gave me the slap in the face i needed. And I want to thank him for that.

Today, my trading is totally different. I dont use indicators, NONE. Except the Fibs, and I now see the bigger picture.

Im still in rags i guess, but Im a totally different trader, so with time, those rags will change.

And I can guarantee we learn from the same individual due to some of the things i see on his chart.

How ironic, huh? The cow in the fence was still freaking funny, because that is exactly what i was doing.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Mooooooooooooo ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ MMMOoooo

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Now, I take 2 trades a day, and make 10% on my daily balance. Im still “out there”, but at least I know how to trade now, and its all down hill from here.

This business isnt easy. There are ups and downs, and a whole bunch more downs, but Im still standing after the beatings, and stress, and testing, and " Insults" and encouragement from so many people on this forum. Its how you take the insults and the slaps, and know people really want to see you do better, and are in your corner.

Ive come a long way, and Im confident In my trading, and my future in this business.

Thanks TooToo, Aaron, Aiek, maybe even ICT himself, I dont know, but You changed me brother.

Thanks,