Jame's Journal

Hello, My name is James Newman, trader since 1981. I’ll be sharing some trades and views about Forex. I am fond of Yen pairs, my favorite AUD/JPY I also keep a close eye on EUR/USD. I also trade ES and DAX30. On Forex, I trade Currency Futures. Although I like yen pairs, I scan the whole market looking for opportunities. I stay away from the stock market as far as I can.

Trading Methodology - Price zones, failures, pullbacks, HH, HL - Just a couple of horizontal lines on the charts. Nothing fancy. I don’t have a fixation on time frames, normally I use daily, one hour and five minutes. All depends on market conditions, volatility etc. I let my trades mature, sometimes carry them to the next day or more.

I am here to make new friends and share views . I don’t respond at all to inflammatory comments. If you want to make comments or want to share your views etc. orderly and respectfully, by all means you’re welcome. I love to make friends and I am open to any diverse and/or unique trading criteria anyone has about the markets. If you’re an “old timer” like me and what to reminiscence about pink sheets (provided by WSJ), flow charts, dumb terminals, dark pooling, all this crazy stuff from back in the day, please join.

James.

EUR-USD - I’ve been calling this the “1.2500 pair” Past Friday looks like the market was about to break that level on a bull run from 1.2400. I anticipated a point of struggle @ 1.2580-1.2600. Today, the market bounced off 1.2680 area (1.2578 on my feed) bears taking over on a full-formed fractal as the picture shows. Level of interest would be 1.2500(again) and 1.2400. I am not particularity a fan of round numbers but I admit, sometimes they work.

USD-JPY short @ 116.93 SL/@ 117.13 Target @ 115.61 - My target is a bit ambitious, I know. But my plan is to reduce the risk in a sensible way. This pair has been good form me so far during this year. If I lose eon’t be a big deal . The opportunity is good. Let’s see what happens.

EUR USD- we can be a simple or as complicated we can on this pair Simple would be - take 1.2500, 1.2580, 1.2550 and 1.2400 go to a lower time frame and trade the hell out of it.

EUR-USD - Despite FOMC move today, some sweet trades on price levels.