My Gartley trades

Hi, my name is Larry Borden and I’m starting this thread mainly to keep up with my own progress this year but also for anyone else who might be interested. I welcome any questions or input. I’ll explain my strategy in the following posts.

Basically I just look for a fib expansion of the AB leg to coincide with either the .786 or the .886 retracement of the XA leg. I always take my trade at the .786 or the .886. This would be the D point. D must hit a trend line or horizontal structure. I place a stop just past X and target a 1 to 1 RR. The fib expansion levels I use are 1, 1.27, 1.618, 2, 2.618, and 3. I like to trade on the 1hr. and the 4hr. time frame.

Other rules;
There must be more candles between A and D than between X and A.
The distance between the entry and the stop loss must be at least 4 times the spread.
There must be at least 25 candles total to make up the pattern.
I don’t enter trades during major news events.
Price must come into the pattern from at least the .618 XA retracement to be a valid pattern.
The XA leg must make a new low or high.

Here’s a couple charts I’m watching (AudChf and UsdJpy)

I took 2 trades on the 1hr charts.

My 4hr UsdJpy trade was triggered. We’ll see how that goes.

Entry triggered on Aud Chf.
Aud Chf and Usd Jpy hit targets

I’ll be watching GBP JPY 1hr.

Keeping an eye on EJ

Thats looks like a nice Bat Pattern, ( I know alot of traders combine Bat and Gartley Patterns ). It can also be seen as a Elliot Wave ABC pattern as well.

Thanks for the comment. I don’t know much about Elliot Wave but you’re right about the Bat. I use the same rules to find every trade so I tend to put them all in the same category.

Here’s another one I’m watching

Lost that one

AUD CAD missed my entry by about a pip and took off without me.

Oh well! Still watching EJ

Now I’m watching for an EJ long as well as my original short.
Also keeping an eye on USDCHF.

I cancelled all my orders before the news started yesterday but I did manage to pick up a trade on USD JPY in the afternoon.

Now looking at AUD CAD

My AUD CAD trade got triggered. That didn’t take long.

Potential setup on GBP USD

Target hit on AUD CAD.

GBP USD short triggered.