Adx and parabolic sar ( any suggestion to make this strategy better)

hello everybody, i already use ADX + psar and it goes very well for me. the idea is just to wait or the first dot to appear and for the DI+ above DI- (bullish) or DI- below DI+ (bearish)…if this two signal triggered, u get yourself a happy pipping…but not every strategy is perfect right?, so i guest one of the weakness is false signal (whipsaw) and i always tricked by that too. can anyone suggest a way to avoid that from happen??..oh and i using 1 hr chart btw…hope you guys mind sharing your knowledge :smiley:

Have you backtested this strategy yet?

The 1-hour chart is tricky as the market will change its behaviour during each market session. I’d try to incorporate a time-filter or a market session filter. For example, if you’re trading a European pair like the EURUSD, you might only take trades during the London and NY sessions, as the EURUSD tends to be quiet and indecisive during the Tokyo session. Or you might try to avoid taking trades during the last 12 hours of Friday (the end of Friday tends to be choppy as big traders dump their positions before the weekend). Just a few ideas.

thanks man for your idea :), in addition i add up 60MA and a stoch for this technique and what do you know…it turn out great

Hey I recently noticed how easy it can be to spot trends with the adx paired with the parabolic sar, what I’ve also seen that helps is adding a 14 EMA and a 50 EMA to as usually their will be a cross in the direction it will begin to trend. Any other confirmations you’ve found? Think in a trending market this can be extremely profitable. Thanks for the share.

Hello, I’ve added a 5 and 10 ma and make sure it has crossed over prior to a psar dot appearing. I’m working on an exit strategy. Any suggestions?