Naked Trading Journal from Poland

“If past history was all there was to the game, the richest people would be librarians.” – Warren Buffett

This is another phase in my forex life.

I start new journal, but now it is time to really use skill, patience and knowledge and not rely blindly on indicators. I hope it is more suitable for me than other systems.

Ducks system is good and all but not suitable for my mind. I just noticed that systems relying on indicators are slow and not robust enough to catch all the best moves. In 5 minutes frame one must be swift and decisive and not wait till price will move cross MA for example, when it is in the middle of the move.

I will be using ideas from this book.

So I start using only price and resistance/support areas.

I will be using 5 minute time frame and 30 minute time frame. Changed time frame to 4 hours for levels and 1 hour for entries/exits.

I am trying to achieve 1:2 Risk/Reward ratio at least, so I need to only have minimum 33% win rate to be break even.

Using Live account.

From 13.6.2015 I start using fundamental information also by following Jarratt Davis commentaries and news.

Technical analysis based on indicators is like driving and looking into the mirror through binoculars.
Price action technical analysis is like driving and looking into the mirror.
Fundamental analysis is like driving and looking ahead.

This was missing, the reason why prices move. Not only observe it move, but explain long term moves.

Changed timeframe to 1hr, since I cannot do any work done otherwise. Also using 4hr for setting up the reversal zones.

Gist of the philosophy I will follow for time being:

Price Action Trading With Confluence, The Key to Successful Trading
Price action trading with confluence is going to be the most important thing you will ever learn when trading. This part is vital if you want high probability trades and to be a winning trader. The basic definition of confluence is the meeting or gathering of two or more things. This is exactly what it means in trading also.

You want to trade when two or more things line up in your favor. For example you are in an uptrend, at a support zone and then a bearish price action setup occurs on that support zone. This would be an example of trading with confluence. See how there are more than two things in your favor for that trade?

The more things that are in your favor the higher probability that it will be a successful trade. Below is a great example what trading with confluence.

Taken from Trading With Price Action

Not my blog. Has very good information.

You have any current positions on this pair? What’s your thoughts on short-term price direction?

I don’t but I have on similar EUR USD setup short.

Some highlights from the week:

Playing on news against short term trend

I trade less but it is better. 3 trades last week:

USD CAD was generous for me: