JL Method in honor of ForexPhantom

If you can post a myfxbook account to see results so far would be great.

[QUOTE=“jayboii478;733680”]Gaps can be very tricky to trade, I usually stay away and just continue with my normal plan for the most part.[/QUOTE]

Yep i stay away too

Only a few weeks in so far with what I’ve been newly testing. Once I get a couple months I will post up the FXbook, I feel at a few weeks it wont be worth much notice. But after a couple months that is consistency. Also I’ve never posted a myfxbook, do I need a account with them, I use oanda at the moment, I don’t know if that makes any difference?

Hi Jay,

Hope all is well for you. Been experimenting with S/R trading but to no avail. Back to trading this system while I continue to study more price action trading. Anyway, which currency pairs do you think works best with this crossover strategy? I believe that some currency pairs wouldn’t work as well here. And with regards to S/L , are u still using the standard 100 pip stop and trailing it once price reaches a certain level?

Regards,
Kelvin

Gbp pairs and euro pairs typically trend best in my eyes. Usually yes to the 100 pip stop. Make sure there is a nice clear trend and the crossover is clean for best results. Also foto i messaged you back did you receive it? My profile just doesn’t show it.

As of late not much trading because of all the major news and craziness. Hard to get a strong feel right now.

[QUOTE=“jayboii478;734964”]As of late not much trading because of all the major news and craziness. Hard to get a strong feel right now.[/QUOTE]

Hi Jay

Same here… Testing different ideas on demo instead. Have something that might help with the stop loss here but still work in progress.

Can you please show how you identify major support and resistance areas? Are they for example areas that have served as as support or resistance 1, 2, 3, or more times in the past?

Hi All

only action seems to be on JPY pairs. but not much as before… but pips is pips.

hows everyone else doing?

Hi There

not many signals to trade recently.
just gone long on

AUDUSD @ .72336
AUDJPY @ 87.578

Still making pips with this method even though the thread has gone quiet. Just note that you wont always find entries and you have to be patient and apply the necessary discipline.

hi, i’m trying to follow the method here but the thread is way too long to back read on…

can you help direct me to the base indicators that you guys use?

thank you very much

[QUOTE=“sst;760097”]hi, i’m trying to follow the method here but the thread is way too long to back read on… can you help direct me to the base indicators that you guys use? thank you very much[/QUOTE]
Hi

Refer to the first page

hi.
it only stated 2 MAs + MACD…
may I ask what settings where used for the MA and MACD?
Thanks!

[QUOTE=“sst;760543”]hi. it only stated 2 MAs + MACD… may I ask what settings where used for the MA and MACD? Thanks![/QUOTE]

"Hello SafariPip!
It’s very simple to do yourself First take a chart any chart, I’d say start with the EURUSD, move it to a D1 timeframe ( for daily ) than right click that chart, at the bottom you’ll see properties go to there. Change the background of your chart to white ( or whatever color you wish ) than change your candle stick colors to what you want them to be. Make the foreground black if you did the background white, it is the easiest to see. Than scroll over to common and get rid of show grid. Than click OK and close that box, right click your chart again and select indicators list, and delete all of them. Than add the MACD to your chart, by going to the top of the chart at the insert section than choosing trend, than oscillators you’ll see MACD. Make the colors on the MACD the same as your background, than set the perimeter at Fast: 4 SLOW: 9 MACD SMA: 5 and make sure apply to: close is selected below. and click ok. Than on the left of the chart towards the middle below all the currency pairs, you’ll see the navigator, select the trend section and drag 2 moving averages to the MACD box on the chart on the bottom of the chart, ( macd box should be blank nothing in it before you do this ) Than select the period as 1 with a liner weight MA method and Apply to the first indactors Data. Than for the second EMA make it period 4 and select the same thing, than when the 1 cross the 4 to the downside, you want to sell, when the 1 crosses the 4 to the upside, you want to long. Than we are using a trailing stop to TP, USE a 2 and 8 liner weighted moving average for extra confirmation on a second MACD box. SL we are working on, I’d recommend 100-150 to start, big movements on the daily charts. I use FIBONACCI as extra confirmation for a trade, when price rest in the 50-61.8% zone is typically a stronger signal. We are working on a EMA to make it easier to determine trend, to trade with the trend. This is not a good system to trade ranges really. Hope that helps! if you need more just ask!

Jason "

Hey Snipes,

I’ve recently finished all 80+ pages of ForexPhatom’s thread and am now jumping around in this one. I really like the addition of the 2,8 EMA’s for confirmation. 200 MA is also a big plus.

I just took a long on AUD/USD at 7677 in anticipation for the RBA decision. I’m up 25-30 pips but going to see what happens in ~30 mins. I may close out and take my pips and then trade the news. I’ll keep you posted!

the forwx market is the biggest in the World by far. It is trillions $ per day. Dont worry your account wont even cause an itch.

Snipes what has happened to the thread. Why did you all stop posting in April May 2016? It was so good.
best regards

Yes what happened to this thread did not appear to die because of a lack of success. It appeared to have legs.

Hi there

just got caught up with other stuff and then ventured into different phases to learn more. Will dust off and try again. haven’t traded for a while, mostly been studying and dedicated my time to getting that done.