From 300 to 100k in 10 weeks!

So yeah i end today -5%, from 533 to 506.

Br,
Silver

Hi,

On thursday i had couple trades but no winners and i ended in 20% loss or so.
Here are the trades:

Friday i shorted AU 3 times, dont have trade pictures for these trades.
For the week im up 101%, from 355 to 717.
In total 139%.

Have a nice weekend,
Silver

Hi FXSilver,

Thank you for your sharing. It seems you earned pretty well profit these weeks.
Do you might sharing your strategy ?

I am totally new to forex, hope to learn more form the pros in baby pips.

Hi,

Well its not just strategy but in summary heres what i do:
Analyze COT.
Analyze the market (price action) of last couple of days, where is the value building and areas of high volume.
Analyze fundamentals, the forecasts and actuals, how the market responded to the fundamentals.
Analyze the bond market, finding out what’s happening in the global market.
Analyze commodities, for example AUD is strongly correlated with copper.
Analyze how the option marketmakers are pricing the options.
And finally there is “strategy” for trade entry where i look for volume, delta, price action, levels.
And most important thing to understand how the big boys play the market, where they trap, when they accumulate, when the market shifts from strong shorts to longs.
The hard part is that you have to understand and do everything yourself, big institutions and banks have many people who do their part but we as a retail traders are alone. BUT we do have advantage, we can jump in and out of positions whenever we want, big banks or institutions cant do that, they need liquidity.
So its not just one simple strategy, its putting all the pieces together.
Well if you are interested you can send me your skype and we can chat.

Br,
Silver

Would you be willing to link your account to MyFXBook and post a link? I think your results would carry a lot more weight for those of us following your progress if you provide verified, tracked progress.

Well right now i cant do it because im a swing trader and i do this challenge on my main swing trading account, maybe i transfer funds to other account later, then i can do it.

Hi guys, i took a vacation from trading for 2 weeks and im back to continue on my journey.

Br,
Silver

Hi,

I dont have time to take pictures every trade but here is my this week progress so far:
219% up so far this week, from 739 to 2309.
In total 54 trades and 44 won, thats 81% win rate.
Heres the picture of my myfxbook this week results:

All the best,
Silver

Wow FXSilver thats some week you had there :53:. Good luck on your journey! I will be sure to follow your progress.

Hi guys,

I have to disappoint you all :31: i lost all my this weeks profit on thursday and friday.
Why? My own mistakes.
You know the feeling you get when you win 90% of a trades and you feel like oh damn this is too easy.
Well i had that feeling and i lost my patience, discipline and took really bad trades.
The difference is really small between being a big profitable or losing trader, and this week just showed me this. Even if you know how to take 90% win rate trades, it does not mean you make money every single day because the human psychology can kill you as mine did.
Well i am disappointed, after being trader for a years i still fell into this trap, but i feel stronger than ever that i can finish this 100k challenge.

All the best,
Silver

That unfortunate

I had a similar experience this week.
I started to do a little bit of sports betting. I increased my account from $100 to $480 taking a few bets in one day. I started to believe that I could not lose so I kept betting all in. I ended up losing that entire amount because the basketball team lost by 1 point in the last minute of play.

Lesson learned. Don’t go all in. Don’t gamble. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well my friend i know that feeling all too well i’ve done it on many occasions. I have a plan and strategy that i use with the nzd/usd pair. When i make a trade i wait for a movement and then i reverse it to try and win a some pips. I feel that this is a good strategy because the market can not go in one direction for an extended period of time. I can win majority of the time if i wait for the moves. I lose big time when i don’t wait for the move and i gamble. So i feel a strategy like this can work if your disciplined in how you go about doing it. I have about a $1200 account and i’ve lost about $3700 and i’ve been trading for 15 months.

Why are you not using something like Automated analytical tool for your forex trading account, Social forex community | Myfxbook to keep track of your trades? I can barely see your charts, the images are pretty small and blurry.

In real world what you are doing would be label as ‘suicide’!! I dont want to discourage you but after 3 years in forex, the least one can grasp as the ‘holy grail’ in forex would be risk management & discipline. I am still a newbie in forex with my 3 years experience. If you already a pro in this and want to try this as a challenge thats fine but if you still learning I would advice you to reconsider it because bad practice make bad result.

Dear FxSilver;

I am quite amazed with your sophisticated analysis:
1- I would like to study your analysis methods in detail
2- If you are looking for some serious trader to group with so to reduce the workload on yourself, Im happy to do so
3- do you use any trading signal provider

Does the BE take into account the spread paid on the trade? If it doesn’t, the trader is actually losing money on the trades taken.

Dear FxSliver,

Please count me in :smiley:

hmm I can manage between 1% and 10% (real profit) an hour using “safe” trades at 5% (maximum)risk to my account so what you are proposing is possible, hell even easy depending on your leverage and strategy

what i end up with is around 2-5% profit(due to my risk mitigation maneuvering) with a 80-90% win rate with the occasional 20-50% profit from a single trade that went really really well (these big wins mostly goes into defraying the costs of spreads and losses so it ends up breaking even)

out of curiosity what is your leverage, time dedicated to trading, and general strategy

mine is 1:200, trading 1hr in the morning and evening, making profit off market noise
:16: Me and those like me are the reason your big trends never last :16:

very sad, guy