The effective edge: PRICE ACTION + VOLATILITY

The most important factor in the market is VOLATILITY.

No matter how effective your method is, if you ignore market volatility you won’t make it. Trend trading strategies will work at time of high volatility and range trading will be effective during low volatility time.

Try to trend trade the EURUSD during Asian session for example you will lose your money. Try to range trade during UK open and you will also lose your money.
You must know what your system is about: a range trading method or a trend trading approach.

So my methods:
1-Trend trading during time of expected great volatility: UK,US,FRANCFURT SESSION OPENS and after high impact news release
2-Range trading during late US to Tokyo open. (I’ve got the best performance here).

Below is the screen of my last range trading during the late US session(low volatility). Tue 15 DEC 15.

I will also post some video records of my trade so you can watch my entries live.

Range trading the late US session Thu 17 DEC 15

I identify recent and significant swing high/low, then take a counter momentum trade when price trades back there. Simply! But the most important thing is volatility is going down(ATR). I also limit my trading to 2 hours.

I’ve had only one opportunity on the YEN.

Feel free to ask any question.
Edit: you can watch the live record here https://youtu.be/jR93ozP-Jys

Today none of my egdes were touched so no opportunity. However I made a short vid to better explain the late US method.

Edit: I managed not to take a compulsive trade on the cable: here is the video review https://youtu.be/LUtN5Lwvsnk

Today’s UK session open trading and the detailled video review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBEPRjttlfU

Feel free to comment if you’re interested by my method. It’s no brainer.

Range trading the late US session 23 DEC 15.
Second drawdown day for december: 2 OTM and 1 ITM. I wasn’t fully focused and take a call EURUSD instead of the cable that was ITM. So technically it’s 2 ITM and 1 OTM but on my balance it’s a drawdown.

Day trading 23/12/2015

Today I did very well. Fully focused I reached my daily take profit: 3 ITM in a row +213$.

I’am liking the video review very soon.

Edit: here is the video review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPZyvYhke08 . It’s my best session of december. I was worrying about the last 2 weeks of this month but I’am doing pretty well for the moment.:cool:

Today’s trend trading the London open 29/12/2015. Market is very calm I decided to only scalp one hour.I only took a call on the EURUSD

It’s not ema based, I identified a level where price got rejected once then take the trade with trend as price trade back there.

29/12/2015: The late US range trading is a drawdown -170$, 2 OTM. I was focused and would take these positions again.

30/12/2015 good day, I’ve to stop earlier today I’ve taken 2 ITM for 15 min expiry: cable and Yen.
The levels here

You can notice that I avoided to take the cable a 2nd time: the probability was lower.

The late New york session today is too boring. I’ve only taken one opportunity (ITM) on the YEN

05/01/2016
Today’s range

I inadvertently took a put on the cable that finished OTM. But technically it’s 2 ITM EURO and USDCAD good day . The EURO and the GBP was stalling near their resistance, I avoided to take them.

Yesterday I didn’t range trage due to the FOMC minutes. Today 07/01/2016 is a drawdown with 1 OTM.

The EURO moved quite stongly and broke a higher TF resistance it results to a loss. I managed to not take another OTM Yen.
It’s a poor range trading week overall: only 3positions since monday.

Range trading is green today +166usd 2ITM. I reviewed the last 5sessions and found that the volatility at 18:30 GMT (time I used to start) is still high for the EURO and YEN. So I decided to start later today at 19:00GMT. Price was calmer.

I am experimenting range based chart trading with trend. Here are some deeps I’ve taken.

I took them for 5 min expiry.
Edit: I made the video review here https://youtu.be/kJVIg-ZIDYk

I was about to range trade then saw the EURO trending like a pig. I took this one with trend.

It’s 2 range chart not M1!!

News give opportunity!
What’s a trending day. I missed the UK session then when I opened my chart I see that the EURO exploded more than 70pip!! But the UK/EUR news give new opportunities to trend trade.

Review! review. Always review!!
Afternoon session is 2ITM +170$

Nice levels today. No breakout during my 2 hours session.

Nibbling till 20minutes before the close.
Slight ITM on USDJPY, the late session was calm: a single opportunity

Easy UK session today. 3ITM: daily target for trend trading

After a lovely trend trading day. The late US session is a ouch. I give back all the morning profit. 3 straight OTM. EURO and Yen.

There is a general increase in market volatility. Market tends to have some directional strenght in the late US session. The best time for range trading is the complete US close (Nyse close).