The effective edge: PRICE ACTION + VOLATILITY

Range trading is green today +166usd 2ITM. I reviewed the last 5sessions and found that the volatility at 18:30 GMT (time I used to start) is still high for the EURO and YEN. So I decided to start later today at 19:00GMT. Price was calmer.

I am experimenting range based chart trading with trend. Here are some deeps I’ve taken.

I took them for 5 min expiry.
Edit: I made the video review here https://youtu.be/kJVIg-ZIDYk

I was about to range trade then saw the EURO trending like a pig. I took this one with trend.

It’s 2 range chart not M1!!

News give opportunity!
What’s a trending day. I missed the UK session then when I opened my chart I see that the EURO exploded more than 70pip!! But the UK/EUR news give new opportunities to trend trade.

Review! review. Always review!!
Afternoon session is 2ITM +170$

Nice levels today. No breakout during my 2 hours session.

Nibbling till 20minutes before the close.
Slight ITM on USDJPY, the late session was calm: a single opportunity

Easy UK session today. 3ITM: daily target for trend trading

After a lovely trend trading day. The late US session is a ouch. I give back all the morning profit. 3 straight OTM. EURO and Yen.

There is a general increase in market volatility. Market tends to have some directional strenght in the late US session. The best time for range trading is the complete US close (Nyse close).

I haven’ t have much time to tradethis morning. Here are the 2 positions 5 minutes expiry I’ve taken in a poor ranging price.

They are not ema based. the doted line acted like a pivot

Final range trading. One opportunity GBPUSD. 1 ITM

The morning was boring with useless EU news. I took 1 OTM with the EURO.

The late US range is sweet (it have to be) with clear levels and no difficulties, no stalls. 3ITM 1OTM.

I quickly reviewed my EURO range trading datas and I’ve discovered the EURUSD is the most loosy pair since week 4 of november 2015. It’s hilarious, back in 2014 my W% with the EURO was around 90%. Maybe I am going to pause the EURUSD for ranges.
I’ll link the video review.

CONFIRMATION: The EURO is definitely loosy. I make a pause for him (only range trading). 1OTM range trading and 2ITM 2OTM for the day.

Trend trading:
Today is so far my best day of january, I had the time to trade both UK and US early sessions. 7 winners 2 losers overall. Entries are not ema based, I try to pick pullbacks near minor key levels with the current price momentum. But the ema20 is lovely containing price.

I’ve less time to post trades these 2 weeks. But the routine haven’t changed. I’ve switched to 1 Range chart.
Today’s news trading the US ADP.

Breakout pullback entries.
edit: the session review here https://youtu.be/3wzLwktTcmo . The 1 range chart is extremely quick, it keeps me more focused

I am scalping back forex. Entries are the same: breakout and breakou-pullbacks

it has been a long time since I haven’t posted. I made a short manual in which I explain how I use volatility to My advantage (Uk open, late US etc) . It is downloadable here http://priceactionpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Forex-Volatility-Patterns.pdf

I do not trade for a living. I am not a professional trader. I am still learning “how to trade”. July was a significant milestone in my trading journey, I liked this month. It reminds me another month in which I achieved changes in my trading… New post

Late US August 02. That was the first drawdown since June 2016 and since I am applying a snail approach to my trading: taking less than 5 positions A WEEK! The problem with traders is that they always want to see wins or losses (ITMs, OTMs), they can’t sit on their hands.

https://youtu.be/M3JoZVqQ3sM

Easy session yesterday! A clear range was defined in the late US session. I took 2 ITM in the vicinity of the extremities.

[video]https://youtu.be/AuCY-kM7kkA[/video]

[B]Hard Truth about Binary Options
[/B]

[B]Binary Options are more difficult than Spot forex, futures trading or classic trading.
[/B]
Binaries are simple. But they ain’t easy. In classic trading, you’ve to be right only with the direction (long or short). With binary options, you’ve to be right with both the direction and the timing.

[B]The more you trade the less you’ll be profitable
[/B]
Binary options have huge commissions per trade! Yes! When you invest $100 in a 70% payout options, this is equivalent to investing $70 in a 100% payout option with a $30 commission. It’s 30% commission, which is so damn high. The more you trade, the more you pay that 30% in commission.

[B]You won’t supplement your income with trading Binary Options in your first year
[/B]
If you choose to trade by yourself, you’ll have to endure the learning curve of trading, binary options are no exception! The learning process lasts forever because the market is constantly changing. The majority of traders won’t simply handle variations in market behavior.

[B]You are in competition with the smartest persons
[/B]
Even though your positions aren’t really taken in the market, you’re in competition with those who move the market. When you take a 5 minutes options, you’re indirectly betting in accordance or against market participants that will move price during that 5 minutes.

[B]95% of Binary options/Forex gurus aren’t profitable in trading.
[/B]
The majority of online gurus aren’t profitable trading the market but selling their market-related services. And most of them are actually scammers.