About TrapTheMarket

I started Forex trading in 2011 and have visited BabyPips on many occasions without joining the forum. When I started trading Forex I wanted to make a lot of money within the shortest possible time. I was over trading, taking too many trades per day. I was trading sizes as much as 10% of my trading account. I was chasing trades and I was rather impatient and impulsive; so I blew five real accounts within two years. Then I stopped trading Forex for a while until April 2015 when I started all over again and began with a different strategy. I started with some demo accounts and then in October 2015, I opened three real FX micro-accounts with three different brokers. I trade Forex part-time and my strategy is short-term swing trading, primarily on the 4-hour chart. I watch six currency pairs presently: AU, EJ, EU, GJ, GU, and UC. Now, rather than chasing the market, I watch, track, wait for, and trap the market. Lol

2 Likes

Hey Trap Good for you man, I know what it feels like to trade 10% and chase a trade. After a series of small loss i find myself thinking “boy if this trade works the profit would cover all those losses!?” LOL more like double those losses! I watch all those pairs as well, but i try not to take positions on EJ and GJ due to their correlations. I rarely trade EU as well due the fact that everyone and their grandmother has an opinion on EU and gives me too much conflicting noise. Anyways Best of luck on your return from the ashes.

Thanks for your welcome Chartz. I don’t trade both EJ and EU at the same time neither do I trade GJ and GU at the same time. I trade whichever of the two in each case offers the best opportunity for trapping. Lol

As a swing trader, I spend much of the trading period I have to define market zones/conditions, watch the market, track the market, and wait for the right time to take the best trading opportunity. In fact, the waiting is far longer than the rest. Good trading to you all.

“In fact, the waiting is far longer than the rest.”

– Amen to that! It took me quite a while to come to terms with the patience required to trade successfully.

I like what you write, TTM :slight_smile:

Erron

Thanks for the encouragement AuthenticFx.

Forex trading should be a planned business in my opinion. It should be planned with a set of functional and efficient system and strategies.

Last week, I took much of my spare time to learn how to read and analyse market structure.

Rather than searching for the ‘Holy Gray’, learn a simple functional system and make yourself a master of it. Trade safe, trade well.

I am looking to short GU once price action rejects the daily pivot. Trade safe!

[B]Tip:[/B] Mastering one method at a time is key, mastering one signal for good results pays. Trade well.

I use S/R zones, pivots, Fib levels and EMAs to stalk the market. Trade safe

When a pair retraces to a confluence zone, say a weekly pivot which is also at a daily or 4-hrly s/r zone, I will be interested to a enter a trade.

Ahead of the Brexit referendum, my brokers have increased the margin requirements of some of the pairs I trade to between 200 and 400 per cent. As I have a number of of open positions, I will be closing a few of them this week and watch others between now and next week Wednesday. For me, it’s better to stay on the side line until the dust clears over the Brexit ‘conundrum’. Trade safe.

It is important to focus on building a solid foundation for a profitable trading edge. This is a reason why newbies should not focus on the money while starting off in Forex trading. Losses will come but learning from them and developing the psychological stamina to trade without fear or greed are basic for building profitable trading edge.

Trapping the market will require using both high time frames’ S/R zones and your set-up time frame’s S/R zones.

Always remember: The market is not about one day of trading. If you suffer a loss, don’t lose your mind or do something stupid. If you win big, don’t go overboard with joy and excitement. Stay calm, humble, focused and keep learning.

If you would trap the market, learn to wait. Never rush your trade, never chase the price. Trade safe.

Before I commit to any trade this week, I’ll wait for a fill of the gaps created by Brexit last week Friday.

Ever wondered why some FX traders feel the need to always trade - even when their bodies are aching or they are endangering their health? Successful FX trading should give a good life balance but a somewhat endless trading regime/mode is, in my books, ultimately self-destructive.