My trade journal (Larry)

I trade with demo and real accounts for two years and I think it’s time to try to get serious.
This trade journal will help me to maintain the right direction. Obviously, any advice is welcome.

I mainly use:

• currencies: USD / JPY, EUR / USD
  • indexes: GER30
  • commodities: gold and oil.

I open and close positions every day. I consider both fundamental and technical analysis, but I rarely use specific indicators.

Thanks for reading

I started last week, these are the results:

W32 - Won: 3/7, Trade Profit Or Loss: -0,33%

Not so good as the beginning, the cause is the rise not expected (by me) of the price of oil, but it is only the beginning.

[B]larrylft[/B] I think if You want some discusion about your trades better will be when You add your charts :slight_smile:
Maybe You just want to write about results, not showing trades?

Hello Deszcz, thank you for writing.

I do not have charts, because I open and close positions quickly looking 1D charts and the positions remain open a few days (sometimes hours). On the charts I only consider the main trends, support and resistance. But usually I do not look at the chart, because I know it by heart.

What I would like to discuss is whether it makes sense to keep trading in certain directions and the capital management.

For example:

W32 - Trade Profit Or Loss: -0,33%
W33 (until now) - Trade Profit Or Loss: +0.19%

The main doubt: this week I lost 4 times (two on “BUY USDJPY” and two on “SELL EURUSD”). I’d like to continue to trade in these directions relying on a recovery of the dollar (or a weakening of JPY and EUR) to recover the losses. However, I wonder if it makes sense or better if it makes sense now (now = the next week).

Larry I think this two currencies pairs EUR/USD and USD/JPY in my opinion also going as You mentioned first down secound up.
You also mentioned that looking on D1 chart by a moment and then based on trend and S/R decide in which diretction open trade? You plany using some trading platform? If so for sure it is possible to do a printscreen.

Thanks for your opinion Deszcz.
Yes, it’s possibile to do a printscreen. I’ll do it next time, it will also help me to think about it a few more minutes before opening the position.