My trade journal starting with GER30 short

So Ill be posting some of my charts, things Im watching etcetera etcetera. Why?

1. So anyone interested can get to know my trading style.
  2. So that I can get involved with fellow traders.
  3. hopefully get some feedback positive and negative.
  4. I wont be annoying others by constantly posting my charts on forums. They will be contained in this one area.

Lets get started. Hows this for a perfect setup:

This looks nice (together with all your charts, here, and comments on them).

Wishing you well with the trading and the journal! :cool:

Thanks lexys :smiley:

Heres a trade I lost last week. Getting too confident with my strategy and being aggressive on entries.

Heres a trade I won. Pity about price didnt continue with the range movement. Would have turned out to be a really nice trade.

I think USDJPY is going to range this week. Why you say?
USD looks weak (due to low expectations of a near term rate hike)
However…Fed members are being bullish.

Chair Yellen should provide some direction this Friday but until then I think USDJPY is going to range.

This is what I am waiting for:

Heres a trade I lost on USDCHF.
I believe that analyzing losses and wins will make me a better trader. I often go back on trades to see what I did. This trade today was a good trade and went according to my rules however a spike up out of nowhere gave me a good round house kick slap to show me who the boss is. Ill figure you out Mr market. I will persevere.

Commiserations on the outcome of what looked like a very good entry (I’d have been in there, too). And better luck next time (which is pretty likely, IMO, given the way you trade).

Your charts and posts are a real pleasure - thanks very much for this thread. :cool:

Do [I]not [/I]take this as a negative. On the contrary, losses are an expected and integral part of trading. No one wins every time. This is a [U][I]normal [/I][/U]trade and a [I][U]normal [/U][/I]part of trading.

What it [I][U]does [/U][/I]illustrate, though, is the importance of sound risk/money management. We [U][I]know [/I][/U]that losses are going to happen and we build their impact into our business plan. This way we are effectively walking the “3 steps forward/1 step back” routine - and that is just fine!

But even that won’t always work so smoothly. There [I]will [/I]be periods with more losses than anticipated and there [I]will [/I]be others with a nice string of wins. The objective though is to be there for the long term and a good risk/money management strategy will get you there - and keep you there. :slight_smile:

Losses are not “bad”, they are an integral part of trading.

Nice trades so far. The sound effects on your charts are freaking awesome. Makes them much more fun to read.

Good luck on your next trade interested in reading more. You have a similar trading method as I did when I tried to short the aussie into extinction.

There was a huge move weaker on the Rand earlier this week…8000 pips of insaneness.
I expect more volatility ahead with these latest finance minister shenanigans.

I very rarely trade this pair because it can move 300 pips in the blink of an eye but GAWD DAYUM when you get it right you are one happy camper!

With that said, I see 2 zones of possible entries long on this crazy mad beast.

Shorted sterling based on a pinbar on the 4 hour. Not too happy with implementation of my rules as there was no implementation of rules. I saw a pinbar and like a dog after a bone I entered. And then I exited early…jeez. Pure luck trade.
Its a win nonetheless.

good trade. go short again at 1.321

You make it sound very undisciplined, but there are worse habits to have than entering on pin-bars. They’re not so bad, especially on H4 charts. (Though to be honest, this wasn’t the best-looking pin-bar in history, either!).

A win is a win (and I think if you’re entering “just on pin-bars” it’s not a bad thing to do so “unambitiously” with a 1.0 R:R, as you did, anyway :wink: ).

Haha I agree lexys. I actually saw it on the 8 hour chart and it closed looking a lot better. The top wick had almost touched my resistance area and I just had this feeling price wasn’t going to push back up there.

Jeez you were on the money with that one! Good call.

…i know :slight_smile:

its going to go down to 1.30 now

Long bias for GBPJPY. If this candle on the 4 hr closes as indecision then I will place an entry order to the top side as per my chart.

Maybe I should just wait until Yellens speech tomorrow. Dont know, Ill decide later.

Edit 29 August: This one turned into a nice little winner.Pity I wasnt on it.

Ill go short if it breaks and pulls back to 1.3167

A big level has been reached on USDZAR. This colossal move from last week of over 10,000 pips was due to finance minister. This week he is due to be formally charged so I think there is going to be more volatility . My bias is for more weakness in the Rand and the chart below show how I plan to enter this (hopefully before he is charged)