Trading Wisdom-Trading Advice That Doesn't suck

[B]HI. I’M ENEA.[/B]

I am a independent trader, and blogger.
I write about small ideas and give trading advice that doesn’t suck.
Some people say I’m an idiot. Other people say I saved their life.
Read and decide for yourself.

We have long established that there is no one path that will lead to success as a trader. This insight points to an essential element of trading success. If you get nothing else out of reading this thread than the one following principle, you do not need to read anything else.

If I try to teach you what I do, you will fail because you are not me.
If you hang around me, you will observe what I do, and you may pick up some good habits.
But there are a lot of things you will want to do differently.
[B]Colm O’Shea[/B]

The idea that using a methodology that suits your personality is an essential component of trading success that also helps explain why most people lose money using trading systems they bought. Why is that true? Is it because most trading systems don’t work on data not used in their development? I am not implying that. Actually, I have no idea what percentage of trading systems sold to the public provide a market edge. But even if I assumed that more than 50 percent of the systems sold would be profitable if applied as instructed, I would still expect over 90 percent of the buyers of those systems to lose money trading them.

Why? Because every trading system, regardless of the strategy employed, is going to hit periods when it does poorly. Now, if you buy a system, by definition, it has nothing to do with your personality or beliefs. In many, if not most, cases, you won’t even have any idea what drives the system’s signals. Consequently, the first time the system hits a bad period, you are not going to have the confidence to stay with the system, and you will stop trading it. That is why, invariably, most people who buy systems will end up losing: They will stop using the system when it goes through a bad period, and they won’t be there when the system recovers.

What are you selling?

[B]N[/B]othing that you are buying.
This is my Journal

Why is it so self-promotional in tone and in display, then?

Why did you start by mentioning that you’re a PAMM manager?

Why are you using different sizes of letters and fonts from any other members?

It might be helpful for you to read the forum’s rules, I think …

[B]301 Moved Permanently

http://forums.babypips.com/introduce-yourself/announcements.html[/B]

Can you confirm, Enea Doku, whether this is your PAMM account under the Alpari investments umbrella?

Return to date = –1.4%

Trading result = –14 USD

Current equity = 1,012 USD

Manager’s capital = 1,026 USD

Since opened = 4 mth 22 days

Source: Alpari: Investments: PAMM accounts: "PAMM Account Enea Doku "

1. It is not self-promotional , it is “bantering” (a fun form of introducing yourself to people who you do not know and do not know you)

2. Note that this is a journal, by definition a place where i post updates.

3)Nothing is being sold (just free advice that comes from a decade of experience), there are no links, no mention of any product whatsoever.

3)Times New Roman, studies have shown that this font is the easiest on the eyes, plus the font is available on your editor so why not make good use of it.

If you do not have any other base, please be kind enough to delete the above comment, so other users do not get lost in your misunderstanding.

PS: To any one accidently reading this, i am a verified audited trader, with verified performance and track record to prove it, not like the 95% of the attention seeking, ego-boosting wannabes here, that play with demo accounts, and then post signals in their trading journal here. I am solid.

Asking questions is not “misunderstanding” - on the contrary, it is a process [I]towards [/I]understanding and clarification in a situation that is otherwise unclear.

There are many people who appear here with hidden agendas and for that reason transparency is a very appropriate quality. Maybe you should prefer to welcome questions rather than reject them?

This is just laughable.

The purpose of keeping a “Journal” is as an aid for you and other members to be able to analyse your trading so that [B][U]you can learn[/U][/B] from the process.

Not to offer “trading wisdom” and “advice that doesn’t suck”!

The two things are [I]almost opposites[/I].

One is essentially saying “I’m learning and I want help, and to keep a record, and to discuss what I’m doing”, and the other is saying (as you have, repeatedly) “I’m a great trader and you can all learn from me”. And that one’s called [B][U]self-promotion[/U][/B].

And everything else about the thread comes across almost like a sales-page too, just in case there was any ambiguity about it.

Well, that is a [B]great [/B]way to boost your readership here! :smiley: :smiley:

The purpose of keeping a “Journal” is as an aid for you and other members to be able to analyse your trading so that you can learn from the process.

[B]Y[/B]es, and from whose posts an analysis are they going to learn more and stop wasting time. Yes that’s right from this Journal. Like it or not this journal is the going to be the number 1 source of analysis and advice.

Well that will be a brilliant addition to this site. Looking forward to hearing more…

Is this you, Enea?

It certainly seems to match this account of someone called “Enea Doku” (allowing for one more update since Manxx posted).

This account also started 4 months, 22 days ago.

What it doesn’t seem to match, puzzlingly, is the claims of expertise and “solidity” offered on the previous page of this thread …