Trading ideas by Alex

There are no important economic reports from the EU today. The speech of D. Trump will be in focus. He’ll tell the details of his tax reform.

The technical pattern on EUR/USD is ambiguous for me at the moment. A fairly strong reversal formation has appeared on the market (the divergence of the price and the MACD indicator). I’ll sell the pair, if the price fixes below the 1.0920 local support. Potential movement - to 1.0875-1.0840.

At the same time, I don’t exclude the further growth of EUR/USD. If the price fixes above 1.0950, I I’ll buy the pair. Potential movement - to the 1.1000 round level.

My yesterday’s expectations for NZD/USD have confirmed. The currency is trading near the strongest support at 0.6890 now. The MACD histogram indicates the sellers’ strength. I’m going to open deals in the current trend’s direction. I’ll sell it, if the price fixes below 06890. Affirmations and entry points will be found at small timeframes. A potential entry point may appear within a few days.

There is an increase in demand for the Canadian dollar at the moment. This happens due to the fact that the US doesn’t intend to leave the North American Free Trade Zone. A classic Price Action pattern, the “Outside Bar”, has formed at the H4 timeframe. I expect a correction for USD/CAD. I’ll sell, if the price fixes below 1.3525. Potential movement – to 1.3450. Confirmations and entry points to the market can be searched on younger timeframes.

EUR/USD. The ECB meeting will take place today. Prior to the press conference, there will probably be no strong trend movements. I plan to wait for the Central Bank’s decision. I’ve identified the following key levels:
Support - 1.0840, 1.0775
Resistance – 1.0950
I will look at how the price reacts to them.

There were aggressive sales on NZD/USD during the last week. The technical pattern is ambiguous for me at the moment. I have identified the key trading range: 0.6850-0.6890.

A strong reversal formation has formed on the market. The divergence of the price and the MACD histogram. I don’t exclude a corrective movement. I’ll buy, if the price fixes above the 0.6890 mark. The immediate goal for fixing profits is 0.6920.

I also don’t rule out a further drop of NZD/USD. The data on the US GDP will be published today. It can pressure the dynamics of this pair. I’ll sell NZD/USD, if the price fixe below 0.6850. Potential movement - to the 0.6800 round level.

USD/CAD failed to overcome the 1.3525 support level yesterday. It has triggered aggressive purchases in the second half of the day. 1.3665 acts as a local resistance. I’ll look for the entry points into long positions, if the price fixes above this mark. Potential movement - to 1.3700.

The Canadian dollar continues to lose ground against the US dollar. A negative dynamics on the “black gold” market pressures it. I plan opening deals in the current trend direction. I’ll buy USD/CAD, if the price fixes above 1.3745. Potential movement - to the 1.3800 round level.

A positive statistics on the New Zealand labor market was published today. It caused aggressive purchases during the Asian session. The currency is testing the 0.6930 mirror level at the moment. I’ll buy NZD/USD, if the price fixes above 0.6950. The goal for taking profit is 0.6975-0.7000.

The Fed expectedly kept the interest rate at the same level yesterday. The latest statistics from the US was rather weak. Nevertheless, the regulator said that the economy is stable. The probability of increasing the rate in June has significantly risen. The FedWatch Tool is at the 73.8% level at the moment.

The technical pattern on GBP/USD indicates the development of a corrective movement. The price has overcome the 1.2860 local support. I’ll sell the pair after the retest of this mark. The target level is 1.2800. The decrease of the MACD histogram is a confirmation signal for me.

I plan to open long positions on USD/CAD today. I’ll buy it, if the price fixes above the 1.3740 local resistance. Potential movement - to 1.3800. I’ll use the trailing stop for it and close this deal by parts.

The report on the US labor market is in the focus today. The majority of experts think that the market will recover. I’d like to remind that the previous data on the number of employed in the non-agricultural sector of the country was very weak.
I won’t open deals today and these are the key levels for EUR/USD:
support - 1.0935, 1.0885
resistance -1.0985

USD/JPY
support - 111.75, 111.000
resistance - 112.25, 113.00
I plan to watch how the price reacts to these marks. So, I’ll back to active trading on Monday. Wish you all nice profits!

In trading it’s far important that you do each day the equal. You need to comply with adamantly your trading plan. Your buying and selling plan is your enterprise. If you do not comply with your buying and selling plan in each single alternate, you do not want to change. In case you trade with subject you’ll succeed. In case you don’t trade with subject you may no longer prevail.

The US Department of Labor released a positive report on Friday. At the same time, EUR/USD maintained the 1.0950 “mirror” support level. According to the preliminary data, Macron leads in the second round of the presidential elections in France, and it means a great support for the euro. I plan to look for entry points for opening long positions. I will buy this pair, if the price fixes above the 1.1020 local resistance level. Potential movement - to 1.1050-1.1075.

The New Zealand dollar has retained the 0.6850 key support level during the last week. It caused a correction. NZD/USD is testing the 0.6930 local resistance now. It seems to me that the correctional movement can continue. The latest report on the labor market of New Zealand was very positive. I plan to buy NZD/USD, if the price fixes above 0.6930. The immediate goal for fixing profits is 0.6965.

The euro reacted weakly to the Macron’s victory. Bearish sentiments dominate on EUR/USD at the moment. The demand for the US dollar is supported by an optimistic report on the labor market in the US. The currency has overcome the 1.0920 local support level. I’ll sell it after the retest of this mark. The goal for fixing profit is 1.0875. I’ll use a trailing stop for this position.

The New Zealand dollar is under pressure due to the weak data on retail sales in Australia. NZD/USD and AUD/USD pairs are correlated rather closely. I’ll sell the NZD/USD pair, if the price fixes below the 0.6880 support level. A confirmation signal is a decrease of the MACD indicator. Potential movement - to 0.6845.

My yesterday expectations for the euro were justified. I expect the correction continuation on EUR/USD. A reversal Price Action pattern, Bearish Engulfing, was formed on the daily chart near the 1.1000 round level. This level acts as a rather strong resistance. I’ll sell the pair, if the price fixes below the 1.0875 level. The goal for fixing profits is 1.0835.

The technical picture on USD/JPY is ambiguous for me now. The demand for the US dollar is supported by a strong report on the US labor market and an increase of the expectations of an interest rate growth in June. At the same time, I don’t exclude a technical correction after a significant rally of the US currency.

I’ve identified the following levels. I’ll look for the entry points, if the price is fixed above/below these markers:
Support – 113.65
Resistance – 114.30

I’ll buy USD/JPY, if the price fixes above the 114.30 level. Potential movement - to 114.75.

I’ll sell, if it overcomes the 113.65 local support. Target movement - to 113.000.

The news background on the GBP/USD pair is very saturated today. At 11:00 (GMT), there will be a meeting of the Bank of England during which a decision regarding further monetary policy will be made. I plan to wait for the conclusions on the interest rate.

I’ve identified the following key levels. I’ll watch how the price reacts to them:
Support - 1.2910, 1.2865
Resistance - 1.2980, 1.3025